October 20, 2014 | 892 users online

Powder - Annabelle - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by yisha

This foundation was on clearance sale when I purchased it, I've paid roughly $7 each. I've planning to switch to healthier mineral products but hesitated to deal with loose powder, so I bought one to try it out. I pressed the loose powder into the jar with rubbing alcholol and it works GREAT. Dewy finish, goes on smoothly, and free of harmful chemicals! So I bought another two jars and pressed them also.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by AmyH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really decent mineral foundation. I was using Everyday Minerals, and was waiting for it to arrive (long shipping), so I bought this Annabelle one to hold me over. It was about $10 CAD. Only 4 shades available, but fortunately the nude shade was a match. I was pleasantly surprised at how well this foundation covers, and blends. There is a teeny bit of shimmer, but just a slight amount to give a nice finish. Yes there is some oil breakthrough after a couple of hours, but I have oily skin. Blotting a bit helps though, and even blending with a kabuki helps also. It doesn't come with a brush, so you need a kabuki brush for application. I stopped using Everyday minerals and have switched to this. More available, cheaper, and I don't have to order it. I am so glad I found this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Hali87

Now, I've only used this product for 5 days, but so far I'm a big fan. I picked this up at Walmart for about $11 which was cheaper than the Physicians Formula mineral powder that I was contemplating. What won me over was that the Annebelle powder contained less ingredients the the PF version. Being a minimalist, this works in my favour.

I know that some people feel that this is cakey but I did not have that problem, although I was very careful to prep my skin before hand to avoid any cakey-ness. After washing and exfoliating with a facial brush, I applied my normal morning face lotion and waited a couple minutes for it to sink in. Then, I swirled a very small amount of the product with a kabuki brush, tapped the brush to remove excess powder and swirled it lightly around my face. I find the best way to apply this is to start with light layers all over the face and building on those layers, choosing your preferred coverage. I do have some slight redness around my nose and scars that are still healing so I feel that I need a lot of coverage. By lightly layering this powder I was able to find the level of coverage that I was comfortable with.

The staying power is pretty good. I have combination skin, with an oily T-zone and my face usually starts looking shiny around the 3 pm mark. My face is still slightly oily, even with this powder, but no product in the world will change that. However, it's not AS oily as some of the other products I've used. I simply apply a quick layer with the kabuki brush to freshen up my face and I'm good to go for the rest of the day/evening.

This washes off really nice. I've used both Faceatalier foundation and Revlon ColorStay and both foundations can take a lot to wash off completely. My toner usually picks up traces that my cleanser left behind. This comes off perfectly clean with no make-up left over.

The minimal ingredients are a huge bonus for me. The less I can put on my skin, the better!

I have one qualm with this, and it's not for me, but on behalf of other ladies: there are only 4 shades and as there are so many different skin shades out there, some might not find the shade to match their skin. Luckily Nearly Nude suited my face perfectly!

Overall, this is a great product that I am, so far, quite happy with! Will continue to purchase as long as this continues to work with my finicky skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I got this on sale. Overall, this is an OK/good foundation but I find it finicky to work with. Coverage is light if you just do a couple sweeps with a big brush, and I can build up the coverage to medium on specific areas that need it (with a concealer brush or fingers). Nearly Nude looks really good on my NC20-25 asian skin, but sometimes it looks greyish under florescent lighting :( The finish is satiny, with a bit of a dewy sheen, but no sparkles or anything like that.
All of that is good, but this foundation does not always play nice with others. When I use my regular facial sunscreen the powder cakes up and does not go on smoothly at all. It does not do a good job mattifying oily sunscreens or facial oiliness. It also cakes up over my liquid concealer and other powder foundations.
When I use this powder over bare skin or a light moisturizer (let it absorb) it can look really nice and natural. But I won't repurchase. I can't just slap it on and be confident it will look good with whatever skincare products I have underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by baileymac

I found this product comparable to bare minerals and really like it, plus its a lot cheaper! It has good coverage as a foundation or concealer if used with the appropriate brushes. The shade I bought matched my skin tone nicely. After a while of wearing it, in certain areas (where I have more of it on to hide imperfections) it may start look a bit cakey but I'll just buff over it with my finger or my foundation brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by boourns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this! I found it at Winners for only $7, packaged alongside a little kabuki brush. You can't really beat $7 for a full sized foundation and a brush, so I guessed at what shade would suit me best (there were no testers available) and took a shot. My skin can get extremely oily at times, and the mineral makeup I've tried in the past hasn't worked out so well (sliding off and disappearing within a couple of hours), but I'd heard good things about this product on YouTube, and so far, it's met my expectations. First of all, I really like the packaging. It's sturdy and looks more expensive than it is, and it has a great sifter inside. It's easy to shake out the exact amount that you want, as opposed to some where you have to shake and shake and shake to get any product out, or others where too much spills out at once. I apply this foundation with my Body Shop mineral foundation brush, which is much softer and has denser bristles than the Annabelle brush. It's no loss, though, as I find the brush that came packaged with the foundation works well for blush. Anyway, very little of this product is needed to cover your entire face and even out the skin tone well. I have a very red patch on my chin that drives me nuts, but this stuff keeps it covered all day. I haven't noticed a lot of sparkle in this product... it's not perfectly matte, either, but on me it has a very natural effect. No Cullen-esque glitter particles here. The only problem is that it cakes easily and feels heavy if you apply too much, but you learn the appropriate amount through trial and error. I do find that after several hours of wear, it starts to sink into my pores and draw attention to them (eww), but I fix that by buffing my kabuki brush over my face again without adding any more product to it (I'm pretty sure that's a trick that works with any mineral product -- it sort of spreads the product back out again and makes it look freshly applied). I like that I can apply creamy products (like cream blushes or cream eyeshadows) on top of this, and it doesn't cake up at all. Overall, I'm really impressed and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this again. (Just for reference, it usually costs around $13 for the foundation alone at the drugstore... I still think that's reasonable given the quality of the product). I don't usually have high expectations for drugstore brands, especially for foundation products, so this was really a pleasant surprise! EDIT: The cakey nature of this product proved to be too much of a challenge for me to work with after all. I didn't realize how thick it really looked until I caught a glimpse of myself in full sunlight when checking my makeup before work one day. I still think it performs well, otherwise, but I won't be buying again after all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by swirrlygrrl

Not super impressed with this. The pros: unlike some other mineral foundations, I don't find this drying and it doesn't accentuate the fine lines on my forehead or the pores on my nose. It also gives a natural finish (not shiny, not matte), and looks . And now the cons: the colour selection is poor - the lightest colour isn't too pale, but it's still "off". It doesn't last - my nose is a greasy mess by 11 am, and the rest of the foundation is gone by 5 pm. Cons definitely outweigh the pros - I won't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by eyelovemkup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I just purchased this product from Wal-Mart for about 11 dollars CDN before taxes.... I was super excited to try it out especially since I've been on a hunt for my HG mineral foundation. As for my first impression, it seems to have a nice silky consistency. However, I was disappointed to discover that it was also shimmery. The packaging is okay, like most loose foundations I can see it being pretty messy. There are 4 shades, I bought the darkest one and it seems to match and blend into my skin quite nicely. 2 lippies off due to the unnecessary shimmer :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jodee4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, this foundation comes in four shades. Darker skinned ladies, unfortunately have a very limited selection. The foundation is housed in a round jar with a sifter that I like very much. It allows easy application without too much mess. As for the foundation, I really, really like it. With most powder or mineral foundations I have tried they usually sit on top of the skin and look powdery. This is not the case, it melts into the skin and gives light to medium coverage - depending how much you use! I've been using this for about a week and no break outs as of yet ... hoping that it continues like this because it is much quicker than applying liquid foundation!