December 22, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Merle Norman - Very Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by TanteK

I have been using this eye makeup remover since 1986!!! I am someone with sensitive eyes, always adding eye drops for moisture and allergies yet I am not a contact lens wearer. I find this product does not aggregate any of my symptoms. Back in the day when we had CoverGirl Marathon Mascara that was impossible to remove, this product ALWAYS removed it! For those who find it isn't working, give it a bit of time on the skin before you start wiping it off. For example, for removing tough waterproof eye makeup, cover your lid, lashes & skin around the eye with the product heavily. Massage it GENTLY into the skin. Hop in the shower. When you are out of your shower, the time and possibly the steam, have loosened everything so it wipes off nicely. Occasionally, for really stubborn mascara, I will have to put a second light coat on the lashes only. That always does the trick. I do agree with other users that you should wash your face after you finish with this product. It does leave a slick, shiny residue on your skin that should be washed off with your facial wash to break up the residue. I have tried other eye makeup removers over the decades and nothing has ever come close to this product. It is thick so it clings to where you put it, it won't run down your face like thinner products. It also is completely fragrance free. I like the packaging as well. The tube method allows me to remove 99% of the product. The tube is very flexible and when I get to the end of the tube I curl it up like a toothpaste tube to get the last little bit out. I love this product so much that I have given it as gifts. I pray Merle Norman will never discontinue this great product!!! Oh, and to address the price….I am the type of woman that will pay premium for a product I truly believe in. One 2 oz bottle will last me over a year and I wear makeup a minimum of 5 days a week. Paying $12 for a year's worth of product comes down to $1 a month to remove my difficult waterproof eyeliners and mascaras. That is well worth it for me. Hope this review was helpful for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by oldfield86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very hard to get this product to get the eye make-up off. Didn't work at all. Would not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by DFWMakeupArtist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A "better" choice of eye makeup remover by Merle Norman would be their DUAL ACTION EYE MAKEUP REMOVER. This product (Very Gentle Eye Makeup Remover) has been around for years! It is not safe for contact lens wearers....I would go with their updated version (Dual Action) that is one if not the best eye makeup removers for even sensitive eyes and does not leave my eyes blury.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Terese4444

This is just a tad bit lighter than straight vaseline basically just mineral oil, not great for removing eye makeup due to tugging and pulling.
Also, this tends to get into my eyes causing blurryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have never heard of this, you probably don't use the Merle Norman line. If you have, on the other hand, tried a sample (MN gives out mini's of this in stores when they have not run out) by now you are hooked like a mackerel; & where are the reviews for this fabulous product?? Despite its "older woman" rep, this is the best m/u remover I've ever tried- BAR NONE! Very Gentle is a gel formula that comes in a sanitary 2 oz plainish white & tan tube; not very glam looking, but I didn't buy it for its girlish looks ;). I use a dime size amount per eye & literally simply smear this all over my eye area for a few seconds (massaging in very lightly), concentrating on my eyebrows & lashes, where makeup is the most difficult to remove. This does not irritate my sensitive eyes at all, & I do not find a problem keeping it out of my tear duct. Next, I wipe away the now ghoulish black mess LOL with a simple baby wipe & follow with a cotton swab on my lashline/ tightlined areas. I don't use a waterproof mascara, so cannot attest to how well it removes that, but this wisks away any long-wear makeup I've ever used, with the exception of MAC's Liquidlast (which I no longer use & never found anything to effectively take it off with at first swipe).
I do not have a MN franchise store near me, so I order online & keep a new backup on hand- worth it to me. It's not inexpensive, but no more than a mid-priced dept. store line (and it works!) The best way I can describe how much I adore this remover is this: currently I am moving house & had accidentally buried this in a random box; I had a minor panic attack until I unearthed it again today! This is one product worth getting up off of the couch & hunting down in person, ladies ;D