October 2, 2014 | 1561 users online

Eye Shadow - Kanebo - Coffret D'or - Color Mixing Eyes Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this in 3 Shades: 01 Orange-Brown; 02 Blue-Green and 04 Lavender Purple.

I won't be getting the Pink-Silver because I just can't pull off pink eyeshadow and Biege-Black because I have many Beige/black eyeshadows.

I've got to say that this is my 2nd favorite Coffret D'or Palette after 3D Lighting Eyes. The powders are finely-milled, the texture is buttery soft and the color shades are gorgeous. As it is common w/ Japanese E/S the palette is quite shimmery, but not too shimmery disco ball. It has nice balance between satiny and shimmery finish that gives the eyes a multi dimensional look. The overall effect is beautiful after blending, especially the combination of the colors on the big stripe as well as the liner shade.

Normally I wear this in a smoky eye look. The 04 Lavender-Purple is especially beautiful when done as a smoky eye. The 02 Blue-Green gives me a bright fresh look and it makes my eyes look wide awake. The 01 Orange-Beige is a nice everyday shade to wear.

Coffret D'or only releases their collection once, but I won't be hoarding another palette of these (like I did w/ 3D Lighting eyes, they're just phenomenal) they almost always come up w/ safe gradiation shades that some will find boring and unimaginative. But I like their approach, because they stick w/ what works and play w/ dimensions and color combinations.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by JuBB

Love the package!! comes with 2 different brushes and give you a very natural look. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by maashi

I have this in 01 (orange and brown).

Gorgeous silver compact with pink crystals, similar style to other CFD products - bit easy to scratch if you keep it in your handbag, but I never take e/s palettes out so not a problem for me.

Texture is very soft and finely milled, not highly pigmented like MAC, but definitely great for a soft look, which is commonplace in Japanese cosmetics anyway. Lovely to apply, good for day looks (using dark brown as lining only), and night looks too - if you use more of the dark brown for more drama/smokiness.

I had a little fallout, but this seem to be a problem for me across all eyeshadows, so I won't blame it on this at all. Nice detail to have 2 brushes and 2 sponge applicators - great to use on the go. Lasting power was decent with cream base. Overall a great product and would definitely repurchase.