August 28, 2014 | 1194 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Orchidee 17

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Chanel just knows how to create these perfect pink/red shades designed for blondes. This is a stunning rosey/red/pinkish shade that I can say is neutral and can be worn anytime anywhere with anything! Another Chanel treasure. This in a way reminds me of a less vibrant/toned down version of Coquette which I picked up a while ago and I believe it was Limited Edition. The quality is top notch, Im not a lipstick girl but when I do buy them it's Chanel because they wear beautifully without drying,filming or changing color with time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by southparkrules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The texture of Orchidee is like number 5 Mademoiselle, very creamy, and it's easy to apply evenly. It doesn't dry or wrinkle your lips. It's just wonderful. As I found out all Rouge Coco lipsticks don't share the same texture, some are creamier and the others are dryer. You really should try it on and wear it for at least 2 hours to decide if it's the right one for you. With the expensive price you pay for a Chanel lipstick, you probably want to double make sure you are not getting a dud.

It's pink, red, coral, all three in one. It's flattering enough and very wearable for everyday. It pulls more pink and red than coral, that makes it also suitable for fall and winter. It is muted, so it doesn't pull hot pink or fuchsia. It's pigmented, I like pigmented lipsticks.

This color is a tough call. Why? Because Orchidee is not striking. When I first applied it, I thought it was quite flattering. As time went by, I kept checking the mirror to see the color under different lighting, indoor lighting and outdoor lighting, I liked it less and less. I was trying to figure out why I wasn't crazy about it, I guess the color looks a little salmon to me. Even though it's still flattering to my tanned skin tone NC20, salmon is just not the color I fancy. The color is like for old ladies, it's safe, maybe too safe? But not classy enough like Mademoiselle. At least Mademoiselle is the Chanel signature color, it gives you that soft and classy look. Orchidee feels like a librarian trying to flirt but wanting to be discreet about it. Come on!

In the end, it's all about the price point. Has it been a tad cheaper like Shiseido cheaper, I would have collected this color out of my impulse. With this price tag (it's probably the highest price among all department store brands, a few brands are as expensive as Chanel, but I don't remember any brand exceeding this price point). you want the color to be special.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by labrady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is gorgeous. I love a statement lip, but I've never gone bright before Orchidee (usually preferring strong or dark shades). I was feeling blah and the MUA put this on with Rose Initiale blush and it a) brightened up my whole face, b) made my green eyes pop, and c) took 10 years off me. Okay, maybe 5. Orchidee is a coral pink, definitely a bit warm in the tube, but my pigmented pink lips neutralize it somewhat. It wears well on its own and is also very pretty with Wild Rose Glossimer on top, which takes the edge off the brightness and softens the effect a little. Orchidee, paired with Rose Initiale and just a little highlighter on the brow bone, inner corner, and top of the cheekbone, is a beautiful fresh, young look: perfect for "spring" in January!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by goldrauschengel

All the Rouge Cocos have a fantastic silky, luxurious feel, are non-drying and smell nice...Plus I love the packaging, this last little click when you close the cap...Just saying, this is pure luxury and makes me feel elegant...I also have noticed that they last a long time without changes in the smell or the texture, mine have been around for more than a year, perhaps two years, and they are still the same as when I bought them.

This shade is my favourite so far, it's a very flattering pink, a bit more intense than a nude shade though...I wear it to work once in a while but am almost feeling a bit ambiguous about it, for private occasions I adore this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's like someone shone a tiny spotlight on my lips and managed to light up my face. Orchidee is so lovely. Would suit most any coloring but WOW on blondes it's stunning. I just know I'm going to burn in hell for paying the crazy price of this lipstick!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these Rouge Coco's. This is my 3rd one. I have Lune rosseau (sp?) and Cambon. I find these very moisturizing with good color pay off. This one is no exception. I find this is a more wearable daytime lippie. It is a lovely pinky/magenta rose petal kinda shade with a hint of maraschino cherry. I find that it has a little bit of a "metallic" to it as well. Nothing that dramatically noticeable in the metallic department. It look lovely against my summer skin tone NC30ish and I think it will look just as great when I'm a few shades lighter during the winter. It swipes on opaque with one swipe, which is nice. It's feels cushion-y on my lips. Overall fantastic lipstick I'm glad I got it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely charming lipstick shade...It suits my NC20-25 skintone perfectly, giving it a kiss of colour with a lot of depth without being too bright but not too washed out. The colour is beautiful and in my opinion un-dupeable...It is a shimmery, pink, rosebud red colour veering toward red, but neutral enough so that you can wear dramatic smokey eyes. It is also a day safe bright, meaning you can wear it without being nervous you look like a call girl (as red lips often do during the day). I love this lipstick and will definately repurchase. I had taffetas rose and that was gorgeous too, but more violet/fuschia red with a metallic finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 2:38:00 PM More reviews by primavolta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably my HG lipstick right now. It pops without being over-dramatic; a great day to night shade that will surely draw compliments and color envy. And to think I picked it up on a whim!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Carolofark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with other reviewers who love this product and color.

If you are looking for a lip color that will instantly brighten your face, buy Chanel Orchidee (#17). At 63 years of age I've purchased more than my fair share of lipsticks but none have wowed me more than this one. A bonus is that the formula is fairly long lasting. Along with Orchidee I wear Chanel Lift Lumiere in #30 with Chanel Rose Petale blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by AlissaDiMaggio

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful lipstick shade. I find it's hard to find lipcolor that brightens up the face and at the same time isn't too harsh. This is the perfect shade. Photographs brilliantly, long wearing and not drying like a lot of products that wear for longer periods.