August 2, 2014 | 940 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by YukiHime7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my hair is fine, but rather damaged from dying, bleaching, and heat. this product smells great and leave my hair rather soft at the top, less damaged, layers. however, at the longer layers of my hair which have been bleached, the mask doesnt really 'repair' the hair at all. i got the mask as a present, but its definitely too expensive for me to buy myself. i got mine for around $50AUD for the 250ml tub. the packaging is cute, and the little cover inside the tub is great in case you drop it or something.

like the product, but would not repurchase. i think i can find equal or better products for less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My coarse, dry, long, culry hair HATED this stuff! Actually my locks still seek revenge for how this supposed "repair" mask did it wrong...

Ugh. Right out of the gate this made my hair feel nasty. On application it felt dry and made my hair feel straw-like. I thought "well maybe its one of those conditioners that won't be noticable until my hair is dry". Erk, wrong! It tangled like crazy and gave me crazy fly-a-ways and frizz. I tried it a couple of times but had to add a gazillion leave ins to fix my hair, so what is the point? Basically I coulda just set 30 bucks on fire instead of buying this.

With so many great macadamia hair products now available I am surprised this one is still so expensive. Its the worst I have tried. Do yourself a solid and hit sally's for some better macadamia conditioners at a fraction of the price of this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mmaarriinnaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was my holy grail hair mask for years. I raved about it to anyone who would listen and forced samples of it on my friends. Imagine my disappointment when I went to use a brand new tub of it for the first time and the scoop I took revealed a dead spider buried in the product. The surface was entirely smooth so there's no way that happened at the store or in my home.

I emailed Macadamia Natural Oil requesting a refund for the 32$ this costs at Shoppers Drug Mart and was told that Shoppers Drug Mart is not an authorized retailer of the product, so they might be stocking expired or counterfeit products. Those of you who are Canadian will know how ridiculous that is - to put it in perspective, Shoppers is one of Canada's largest retailers and has over 1000 stores across the country (some of which stock Dior, Guerlain, Smashbox, Benefit, etc) so it's laughable that they would stock a counterfeit version of this random conditioner.

Anyways I will never purchase this again and would advise you to be on the lookout for critters if you choose to buy it yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by chixxle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size of this from the drugstore and used it for the first time in the shower. I left it for 10 minutes and OMG it was AMAZING. In the shower my hair was so silky it slipped right out of my hands and when it dried it was unbelievably soft. My hair is damaged from ombreing it and this left my hair so soft just like it used to be before I dyed it! The price may be a little steep but I can get 2 uses out of a tiny 15mL package. I definitely recommend this and am planning on buying a full sized tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Helped get my hair back kinds normal after bleaching it 3 times a couple years back. I haven't bought more since that time, but I plan on buying it again soon. I can't wait to see the results it gives me on healthy hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works wonders for my hair! I have frizzy hair and i recently did ombre hair so i wanted something that can be good for colored hair and take care of it. I got the packets first since the jar was very expensive and i wanted to try it out at first....WOW!

I apply this twice a week on my hair in the shower for 5min and amazing results! I always straighten my hair so this was a life saver! It makes my hair so soft and beautiful! This is like my hair conditioner...amazing and great!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by karlanicholle123

To begin with this hair mask is super expensive. I had heard a lot of hype on youtube about this product. It sucks! expected so much more but it did absolutely nothing for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by caitlinroseg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love. I wash my hair maybe every 5/6 days because it's curly, frizzy and dry, so over washing doesn't do well with it. Not to mention I straighten the crap out of it. This is the only stuff that makes my hair ridiculously smooth and soft and amazing! I wash my hair with the macadamia shampoo, then use the joico k pak reconstructor. Then I hope out of the shower, towel dry my hair with a micro fibre towel and generously put this all throughout my hair, focusing first on my ends. Then I wrap my hair up in a microfibre 'turbie', clip it in so it stays in place and wash out the next morning or afternoon. Amazing stuff!! 5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by xochristinee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't been looking after my hair, straightened it every day, blow dryed it everyday and washed it everyday. So you could only imagine how horrible my hair is atm. Frizzy, dry and weak.

I'm looking for a product that will help me make my hair that little bit better and so far this product is doing exactly that.

As soon as you go to wash it out you can feel how incredibly smooth it is and from what my hair was it has improved incredibly well for just one try. My frizz was honestly not there anymore and my ends were still dry but definetley much better then what it was! my bf even noticed my hair wasn't as fluffed out!

I feel that 7 minutes is not enough time, I left mine for 35 minutes. The smell is really nice, maybe a bit strong? Thats all I could smell the rest of the day lol It is really pricey but I got it at safeway for $25 on special.. win!

Would definetely recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Sophasaurus93

I love, love, LOVE this masque. It's pretty pricey (about $32AUS from Woolies or $40AUS from Hairhouse Warehouse) but it's definitely worth the money. It smells so fresh and the smell lingers in your hair for hours. I can't describe the scent but it's sweet and fragrant without being overpowering, I love getting whiffs of it when I run my hands through my hair! Bit of background on my hair, it's very very thick and a little coarse, and medium length. I've put my hair through hell in the past two years with tape extensions and bleaching and constantly dyeing it and stripping it. My hair ended up just touching my shoulders, breaking off every time I ran my hands through it and frizzy and unmanageable. I was so miserable and decided to finally stop ruining my hair with bleach and extensions, and for awhile was using a line of products which were okay, helped get my hair into alright condition and it finally grew again without snapping. I sucked it up and got a hair cut and decided I didn't want to end up with more split ends or damage. I'd used this masque in the past and had good results, although my hair wasn't as damaged then. I bought this yesterday and used it this morning and oh my GOD! It is incredible. I left it in for the recommended 7 minutes and rinsed it with lukewarm water. Before blow drying I used a little bit of the Luxurious Oil Treatment (also the Macadamia Natural Oil brand) and then straighten, following up with another dime sized amount of oil. My hair literally looks like a shampoo commercial. It's shiny, light, extremely soft and just feels in the best condition it has in a really long time. Seriously, if you have dry, damaged hair or even normal hair and want to add some softness and shine I highly recommend this product. It's worth the price and your hair will love you for it! HG product for sure!