September 2, 2014 | 1514 users online

Hair - Macadamia Natural Oil - Deep Repair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by CurlyHeadedTreasure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

okay so the first time I got this as a gift last summer because it was $42 and there was no way in hell I was buying that. But IG anything was worth that much money it was this conditioner.WOW I loved it, my hair was suuuper soft and silky after use for up to three days. It was so great I was conflicted between using it all the time and making it last lol. But just recently I got it as a gift again and it's' not the same, to my disappointment. I think it's a different formula? Or maybe because my hair thickened up over the year and it's kinkier. But I know for sure it smells a little different, looks different, has a different consitency, and did not produce the same results. Maybe I'll buy one more to tiebreaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this macadamia mask but not $30 like it... Trying to find something else I like since my favorite conditioner is apparently discontinued...this left my hair VERY soft & shiny but much too oily the second day. I guess this stuff is too much for my fine hair since it's not really damaged .. Had some highlights done over a yr ago but that's it (I hate blow dryers, never use them or any heat really except at the hair salon once or twice a year) I will continue stockpiling my Biolage conditioning balm...
Hope I can figure out a way to use this up.. Maybe I'll like it more in winter when the air is more dry

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by emilyc123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My hair is damaged from straightening, and i didnt want to cut it because it was starting to get pretty long. After one use of this, i could feel my hair getting softer and healthier. My hair used to feel like straw, but now its silky and so much healthier! Total lifesaver. Definetly buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Michellequek

DEFINITELY GONNA RE-PURCHASE THIS ITEM AGAIN! sorry for all the caps, but I can't rave how good this product this! Together with 3 pumps of the oil, god, it's perfect! ❤️️❤️️❤️️

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by YukiHime7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my hair is fine, but rather damaged from dying, bleaching, and heat. this product smells great and leave my hair rather soft at the top, less damaged, layers. however, at the longer layers of my hair which have been bleached, the mask doesnt really 'repair' the hair at all. i got the mask as a present, but its definitely too expensive for me to buy myself. i got mine for around $50AUD for the 250ml tub. the packaging is cute, and the little cover inside the tub is great in case you drop it or something.

like the product, but would not repurchase. i think i can find equal or better products for less.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My coarse, dry, long, culry hair HATED this stuff! Actually my locks still seek revenge for how this supposed "repair" mask did it wrong...

Ugh. Right out of the gate this made my hair feel nasty. On application it felt dry and made my hair feel straw-like. I thought "well maybe its one of those conditioners that won't be noticable until my hair is dry". Erk, wrong! It tangled like crazy and gave me crazy fly-a-ways and frizz. I tried it a couple of times but had to add a gazillion leave ins to fix my hair, so what is the point? Basically I coulda just set 30 bucks on fire instead of buying this.

With so many great macadamia hair products now available I am surprised this one is still so expensive. Its the worst I have tried. Do yourself a solid and hit sally's for some better macadamia conditioners at a fraction of the price of this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by mmaarriinnaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was my holy grail hair mask for years. I raved about it to anyone who would listen and forced samples of it on my friends. Imagine my disappointment when I went to use a brand new tub of it for the first time and the scoop I took revealed a dead spider buried in the product. The surface was entirely smooth so there's no way that happened at the store or in my home.

I emailed Macadamia Natural Oil requesting a refund for the 32$ this costs at Shoppers Drug Mart and was told that Shoppers Drug Mart is not an authorized retailer of the product, so they might be stocking expired or counterfeit products. Those of you who are Canadian will know how ridiculous that is - to put it in perspective, Shoppers is one of Canada's largest retailers and has over 1000 stores across the country (some of which stock Dior, Guerlain, Smashbox, Benefit, etc) so it's laughable that they would stock a counterfeit version of this random conditioner.

Anyways I will never purchase this again and would advise you to be on the lookout for critters if you choose to buy it yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by chixxle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample size of this from the drugstore and used it for the first time in the shower. I left it for 10 minutes and OMG it was AMAZING. In the shower my hair was so silky it slipped right out of my hands and when it dried it was unbelievably soft. My hair is damaged from ombreing it and this left my hair so soft just like it used to be before I dyed it! The price may be a little steep but I can get 2 uses out of a tiny 15mL package. I definitely recommend this and am planning on buying a full sized tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by JessieMeoww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Helped get my hair back kinds normal after bleaching it 3 times a couple years back. I haven't bought more since that time, but I plan on buying it again soon. I can't wait to see the results it gives me on healthy hair!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2014 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Maryangels96

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This works wonders for my hair! I have frizzy hair and i recently did ombre hair so i wanted something that can be good for colored hair and take care of it. I got the packets first since the jar was very expensive and i wanted to try it out at first....WOW!

I apply this twice a week on my hair in the shower for 5min and amazing results! I always straighten my hair so this was a life saver! It makes my hair so soft and beautiful! This is like my hair conditioner...amazing and great!