July 25, 2014 | 1005 users online

Eye Shadow - BeneFit Cosmetics - Velvet Eyeshadow- Bikini Line

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I also agree with the "butter-yellow-gold" (or something like that) description of the colour. I mostly just use this as an inner corner highlight, although I do sometimes also use it as an all-over wash, just by itself. Love the packaging (very compact & neat), and the quality of the shadow itself is good. Just wish it wasn't so expensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love these shadows - they are velvety for sure! This is my second one and I use it everyday for tear duct brightening - it's perfect for that. Not quite right as a browbone highlighter on my NC15 skin - maybe a bit too yellow for that. The packaging is darling too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by babypalmtree

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

3 words.

Favourite. Eyeshadow. EVER. This is a HG item for me. If only it wasn't so expensive! This eyeshadow is just a gorgeous, colour, it's the perfect beigey/white colour.. I have no idea how to describe it- it reminds me of tropical islands where the sand is practically this colour! The packaging is so cute, the size is adorable! I use this as a brow highlighter, and inner corner highlighter, all over lid colour (when I'm tanned it looks amazing!) and a cheekbone highlighter! There's sooo many uses for it. I can't say a bad thing about this product except the price- but it's just so gorgeous! If you have the money, go splurge on this- you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own other Velvet Touch shadows, so I don't see a need to review the formula again. I'll just say this line is my favorite of all time because of the soft texture, color saturation, blendability and lasting power. However, Bikini Line did not work for me. I have olive skin, and I expected this to be a warm, slightly golden highlighter that would brighten my eye area. Instead, this made me look sallow and tired. I couldn't get this to work no matter what I tried, so I took it back and exchanged it for Leggy, which I've been wanting for months and really like. I would not repurchase, but I certainly recommend trying it. I you have olive skin, be prepared to return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by JillyDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in Sephora and did not mean to buy another shadow. I told myself to only buy what I needed but somehow as I made my way into Benefit aisle, this little gem caught my eye. (You really have to see it in person... The sephora swatch does no jusice. I would not have purchased it based on that swatch.)
I love how the previous reviewer described it as a "butter-yellow pale gold"... Its not a straight up gold like when you think of something like UD's half-baked.. Its way softer, less harsh. I generally cant wear any type of bronzey-gold because it makes me look tired. I'm NC20, pale blonde hair and blue eyes. This wakes me up and makes my eyes glow! It has a lot of very fine shimmer that you cant even feel because the texture is so smooth and velvety. Its a great highlight but I LOVE to wear is as a sheer wash of color over the lid when I want to look more alive. This paired with Binge eyeliner (UD) and my eyes never looked so blue.

All the colors look really beautiful that when I recently got my UD Naked palette and was less than impressed- I immediately planned on returning it and picking up two more shades from this line. (Yes, its THAT good. I'd rather have two GORGEOUS colors that suit my skintone than 12 average colors that look "ok" on me. )

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

This is a lovely eyeshadow - sure it's a pretty basic highlighting shade, but I like it better than any other eyeshadows I have. The colour is a light, butter yellow-gold that works as a highlighter but still reads as golden. The texture and finish are beautiful - soft and shimmery without being glittery. I have similar eyeshadows but this one seems to have more dimension, so I would buy it again. It's really smooth to apply and stays on all day. Plus, cute packaging (I'm a sucker for Benefit products)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful shadow. There are several dupes but what I like about this shadow in particular is the texture, velvet! The blendability is simply amazing and easy to work with. Dupes: MAC Nylon, MAC Creme De Miel, MAC Rice Paper.

It has great staying power and the color is a creamy opaque pale gold with gentle shimmer (no glitter, no fallout). Again, the texture blows away any dupe I can find/have.

HG ES COMBO: UDPP original, Benefit Tattle Tale, Benefit Bikini Line overtop, blend out with Bobbi Brown Banana eyeshadow, line with an eggplant or plum colored liner with MAC Sketch eyeshadow overtop of liner. PERFECTION

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is what I wanted All About Eve to be (AAE was too pale/chalky-looking & too shimmery). I have been looking everywhere for a perfect nude shadow; something to lighten my lids *just the slightest bit* and provide a subtle sheen, for a natural-but-better look.

I am NC20 w/slightly yellow undertones & this shadow is perfection for an understate, polished look. I applied primer first (since other reviewers suggested that) and this lightens my lids just a tad, and provides the gentlest moonlit-glow with a subtle golden-beige shimmer. Finished with a deep brown liner (Scott Barnes - Urban Legend) and it's the look I've been trying to achieve for weeks.

I am absolutely delighted that I finally found this after testing about 25 other "nudes" from various lines. Mission Accomplished!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my "go to" highlight shadow. very elegant and gives a nice radiance. this is my substitution to MAC rice-paper and the only reason i use it more is because I prefer the packaging over MAC's. anyhow, it is also nice as a highlighter, just don't go overboard since it is quite pigmented. I wonder why so little reviews of it here, it is really a great eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by lumer00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a warm light gold/nude shade. Its absolutely beautiful and has a lovely sheen to it. I use it quite frequently as an all over lid color. The pigmentation is amazing, the texture is smooth like butter, and the amount of product you get for the price is great.