Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

4.7

Talc Isododecane VP/Hexadecene copolymer MCA Trimethylsiloxysilicate Cyclopentasloxane Disteardmonum hectorite Trihydroxystearin Silica dimethyl silylate Titanium dioxide Sorbitan sesquoleate PEG-40 stearate Beeswax Propylene carbonate Dimethicone Cyclohexasiloxane BHT

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ordered this on eBay based on reviews here and was not disappointed.

Packaging: This comes in a little clear plastic bottle like a shorter version of the genie bottle shape the OG UDPP used to come in and has a doe foot wand with a long handle for good control. Don't know how I would get at the last drops of product as the bottle is rigid though I do suspect that I could remove the wiper a la UDPP and have more wiggle room to maneuver the wand.

Application: Thinner than UDPP, spreads easily, dries clear and matte. Shadows go on well over top; this is not too "grippy" and does not make shadows hard to blend.

Wear: Excellent even on my greasy greasy eyelids! It even keeps liner in place in the outer corners and lower lashline (not waterline as I do not put liner there) This is on par with UDPP and the Fergie ES primer I love so much, though I do think that the NARS primer slightly outperforms those all. I am not a fan of TFSI and think this wears better though I have not used TFSI in quite some time so cannot do a head to head comparison.

Overall impression: Would repurchase! Very reasonably priced if you are willing to wait the shipping time. If you are looking for other Etude House products to make your order more worthwhile I am an avid fan of their twist up Drawing Eyebrow Pencil and their color changing tinted lip balms.

on 8/11/2015 8:18:00 AM

Definitely a must have!i used to line my lower lash line and no matter how many layers or how waterproof the eyeliner is,at the end of the day,they will be kind of gone.But when i applied this primer,they stayed no matter how much i sweat during the day.It is also affordable as i only have to use a very small amount of it.Another use for this primer is as a highlighter and creating tear bags (probably only me doing that).haha

on 7/30/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this primer in my kit for almost 3 years now I think. I really love this and it works wonders on oily lids like mine. I have tried different eye primers before and yes, even the expensive Urban Decay ones still crease on me after a few hours. This is the only primer that does not crease from all those that I've tried. This easily beats all other high-end primers and this is great for women with oily skin and lids. I really like this. I'm about to buy another tomorrow. I think I've used up 2 bottles/tubes already. It's quite inexpensive too!

on 7/28/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my first eye primer and im satisfied of it
a little goes a long way, make sure you only use a little of this product
and uhmm.. they are great , It makes my eyeshadow moree pigmented
worth my $6

pros
stay so long
no fall outs
transparant
cute packaging as etude house always do!
affordable

cons
its oily
turns your bright eyeshadow into deep colour (which i dont like)
hard to remove , waste tons of my makeupremover n cleanser

i will REBUYY!!

on 6/22/2015 4:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This eye primer is very useful for summer. I sweat easily in summer and had trouble finding eye makeup that would last. This primer paired with a good eyeliner is guaranteed to last. The primer isn't too sticky, which I appreciate. The jar is a bit of an annoyance, and I feel like I have to keep dipping the brush in to get the appropriate amount.

on 3/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

Great eye primer. I have very oily hooded eyelids that wear eyeshadow for an hour before they crease and breakdown. This primer really extends my eye makeup to 5-6 hours. I would say that for super soft shimmery shades such as Too Faced eyeshadows it still creases maybe 3 hours in with this primer. So while I love this primer for everyday where I wear just eyeliner and mascara I think I need something more heavy duty if I were to be using shimmery or cream eyeshadows. Also would advise to use a base shadow all over the lids because it is super hard to blend shadows on top as it's quite sticky.

Also I hate the packaging I literally use up this primer so quickly because the applicator can't get all the way to the bottom. I wish they would make a squeeze tube packaging with more product.

But it's been treating me very well as I use it everyday and my eye makeup has never looked better no smudging from my eyeliner and mascara at all.

on 2/2/2015 1:04:00 AM

Works so well with my oily lids. For me, stuff like the urban decay naked melts off after like 4 hours into oblivion, and lower end brands fade even faster. This little bottle of magic worked all day, kept the colors strong, kept my lines sharp, and didn't irritate my eyes at all (I'm looking at you nyx). Highly recommended, especially since its only like $7 a pop.

on 1/10/2015 3:19:00 PM

Great product for an amazing price. I have really oily eyelids, and this helps keep my eyeliner and eyeshadow in place and helps it last all day. Sometimes I just wear it by itself on my eyelids to control oil.

on 1/9/2015 8:24:00 PM

Great product. Make my oily eyelids not oily so you know... that's pretty awesome :)

Con: Does tend to cake by the eyelids slight dryness. But that's to be expected.

on 12/19/2014 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This primer works amazing compared to how much it costs. I got it in Korea for a few bucks and judging by the package I didn't expect much from it. But, little did I know, this works just as good as Urban Decay primer potion (and less than double the price). My eye make up stays in place all day with this primer.