Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

4.7

Talc Isododecane VP/Hexadecene copolymer MCA Trimethylsiloxysilicate Cyclopentasloxane Disteardmonum hectorite Trihydroxystearin Silica dimethyl silylate Titanium dioxide Sorbitan sesquoleate PEG-40 stearate Beeswax Propylene carbonate Dimethicone Cyclohexasiloxane BHT

on 3/24/2015 11:28:00 AM

Great eye primer. I have very oily hooded eyelids that wear eyeshadow for an hour before they crease and breakdown. This primer really extends my eye makeup to 5-6 hours. I would say that for super soft shimmery shades such as Too Faced eyeshadows it still creases maybe 3 hours in with this primer. So while I love this primer for everyday where I wear just eyeliner and mascara I think I need something more heavy duty if I were to be using shimmery or cream eyeshadows. Also would advise to use a base shadow all over the lids because it is super hard to blend shadows on top as it's quite sticky.

Also I hate the packaging I literally use up this primer so quickly because the applicator can't get all the way to the bottom. I wish they would make a squeeze tube packaging with more product.

But it's been treating me very well as I use it everyday and my eye makeup has never looked better no smudging from my eyeliner and mascara at all.

on 2/2/2015 1:04:00 AM

Works so well with my oily lids. For me, stuff like the urban decay naked melts off after like 4 hours into oblivion, and lower end brands fade even faster. This little bottle of magic worked all day, kept the colors strong, kept my lines sharp, and didn't irritate my eyes at all (I'm looking at you nyx). Highly recommended, especially since its only like $7 a pop.

on 1/10/2015 3:19:00 PM

Great product for an amazing price. I have really oily eyelids, and this helps keep my eyeliner and eyeshadow in place and helps it last all day. Sometimes I just wear it by itself on my eyelids to control oil.

on 1/9/2015 8:24:00 PM

Great product. Make my oily eyelids not oily so you know... that's pretty awesome :)

Con: Does tend to cake by the eyelids slight dryness. But that's to be expected.

on 12/19/2014 4:16:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

This primer works amazing compared to how much it costs. I got it in Korea for a few bucks and judging by the package I didn't expect much from it. But, little did I know, this works just as good as Urban Decay primer potion (and less than double the price). My eye make up stays in place all day with this primer.

on 11/8/2014 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I've never been able to wear eye makeup my entire life... until now. Growing up in humid Singapore with extremely oily skin, most eyeshadows simply slide off in all directions around my eyes, and eyeliners smudge like crazy, so I only ever wore eye makeup right before I went out to party for a couple hours.

I actually got eyeliner *tattooed* onto my eyes a couple years ago because there was no other way to get makeup to stay on my eyes from morning to evening. Every five years or so I lusted after eyeshadow palettes, bought one, then quickly remembered why I couldn't use them and threw them out barely used five years later. But then last year I went home to Singapore and picked up this Proof 10 Eye Primer from Etude in Ion shopping centre. And then a few months ago I started playing around with my old eyeshadows. Holy crap.

This morning, I put some daring metallic blue/purple eyeshadow on before work, and got back from 12 hours of work + happy hour afterwards, and granted some of the shadow did smear from the lids into my crease, but––NONE OF IT smudged under my eyes or outside of my eye area! Eyeshadow actually looked GOOD on me for 8 hours+!! I cannot explain how excited I am to be able to use makeup like a real girl from now on! I could kiss this magic bottle from Etude forever!

I've never used any other eyeshadow primer, but there are a few blog posts comparing Proof 10 to Urban Decay's Primer Potion, and Proof 10 seems to compare favourably, not to mention it is about 30% - 50% of the price of UDPP. I'm definitely gonna pick up another bottle or two when I next visit Singapore!

on 11/5/2014 3:25:00 PM

Great dupe for the UD primer potion. Keeps my eyeshadow and eyeliner in place all day!

on 11/3/2014 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Great dupe for Urban Decay primer potion! Makes eyeliner and mascara stay put. Just make sure you use enough and wait for it to dry/settle before layering with another product.

on 11/1/2014 6:27:00 PM

Amazing product.
I have been using it for a while, it can hold eyeshadows and my eyeliner in place no problem. Yesterday I tested to the extreme. I applied my make up at 7 in the morning, I was going out later and due to lack of time I just modified my eyemake up rather than do it again. I got back home from a night out full of dancing in a sweaty club about 3ish. My hair was a mess, but my eyemake up looked great. No creasing, smudging - nothing, it stayed put. I am well impressed, the price is very affordable, the product is gentle to my eyelids and I need just a tiny amount so it will last a while. I will definitely buy again!

on 9/20/2014 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really. For me it's a perfect UDPP dupe. It makes my shadows look great and stay in the place for long time