LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Simple:
It's a good primer. It works well and it does its job.

Is it anything revolutionary? No.

After running out of my deluxe sample, I won't repurchase a full size.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've went through a few deluxe sample sizes of these. I like it. It's a good eye primer but so is my regular concealer when in a pinch. It does make eyeshadow look more pigmented and last longer but again, so does normal concealer. I will not purchase a full size but certainly take advantage of the deluxe sample sizes for travel, etc.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

For reference: I have dry eyelids and a deep-set crease, but my eyes are not hooded.

I have 2 tubes of this primer that I got from buying the eyeshadow palettes. I just finished up the first after 4-5x weekly use for 8 months (about 160 uses)- not bad for getting it for free. I like that Lorac includes a good sized tube with their palettes as opposed to the new foil samples from Urban Decay.

This primer works very well for my dry eyelids. I prefer to wear matte shadows, and this doesn't accentuate any dryness or make my lids look crepe-y. It's very easy to spread across the lids and get a thin, even layer. Without a primer I can go 4-5 hours without creasing or fading, and maybe 2 without transfer, depending on the shadows. With this primer I can get about 14 hours of wear without any creasing or transfer with no fading for mattes and minimal fading with shimmers. This is really impressive- I know for a fact that my eyeshadow will look the same at the end of the day as it did in the morning.

One thing to cinsider: this is a translucent eye primer. It will not cover up any veins or provide a "blank canvas" for eye looks. Not a pro or con- just something that might influence your decision to purchase this.

There are a few gripes I have with this- it tends to collect in the inner corner of the eyes and cause a caked-on appearence when first applied. It's tough to get this off, but it is possible. This might be caused by my skin (I have very flaky skin & you shouldn't exfoliate around the eyes) or just not being careful when applying. Also, this is not tacky enough to provide a great base for glittery shadows or pigments. They will show up with decent pigmentation, but they can get lost throughout the day and have some fallout. To help with this, I use a separate glitter primer and it works wonders. Also, this might be too emollient for those with oily eyelids.

Overall, this is definitely a good primer that you should check out if you have dry eyelids. It holds shadows (especially mattes and satins) in place all day without creasing or transfer. It's even better that it comes free with palettes. I will not repurchase this because I have vein-y eyelids and because this is translucent it does not cover the veins. However, if that is not a deciding factor for you, I would highly recommend this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not good. Creases in the lids before you apply shadows, and makes shadows go on cakey.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Maybe I got a dud but every time I let this sit for a few days and go to use it, liquid comes out that has separated from the product. Which makes sense because it has a very liquid like feel as you apply. By the end of the day my lids are really greasy and creased. Urban decay primer potion is way better in my opinion. It might also be better for someone with dry skin, which I do not have.

I received this with my Lorac Pro 2 eye palette. I typically use MUFE eye primer. I have oily eye lids and to date it is the only eye primer that has worked well for me. I deiced to give Lorac eye primer a try since it was free. I used it a few times. It did help my eye shadow stay in place. I also like the packaging more that MUFE's eye primer. I think the squeeze tube is more sanitary. However, even though it kept my eyeshadow in place longer, it did crease badly, and my eyeliner eventually migrated to underneath my eyes.
Even though this was free I won't be using it again. I'm glad I didn't have to spend money to try it. If you have oily eye lids I would skip this. If you don't this would likely be a great, less expensive eye primer.

This is my go-to primer at the moment, but it doesn't mean it is without flaws.

Also to be fair I haven't tried many eyeshadow primers:
UDPP- im allergic
WNW fergie- Im allergic
NARS- I find it too tacky and difficult to blend out my shadows over it
MAC prep and prime- Horrendous packaging concept, get it together MAC.

So I have none of these issues with the Lorac making it my go to at the moment. I definitely notice an increase vibrancy in my eyeshadows using this as a primer. It also holds pigment, but it not so tacky that shadows are difficult to blend. The major downside is that my eyeshadows crease like crazy using this primer alone.

I use this primer under a mac paint pot and voila!! My shadow is vibrant, pretty and stays all day without creases.

All and all a nice primer, but I shouldn't *need* a separate cream base to prevent creasing. The primer should do that on its own.

I am waiting in the mail to try smashbox 24 hour and too faced, but in the meantime, Lorac is my go to. I cannot call it a staple or HG, but it gets the job done.

I got mine as a sample in the pro palette, I've tried it a couple of times and hated it. The textures very greasy and it is so harsh on my eyes it makes them sting like I've never experience from a product before.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

It gave me eye pimples??? And it's too expensive. Fergies Wet n Wild primer is where it's at...its like 4 dollars and it has a shimmer one if you want a shimmer eye look..2 styles for less than ten for both...no thanks Lorac...but thanks for the sample so I know not to buy it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I got a sample of this primer when I purchased the Lorac Pro Palette 1. I would not go out of my way to purchase this simply because of the price. This is a fantastic eye primer if you are looking for high end but unfortunately this does not sit well with my wallet. There are a lot of great drugstore eye primers that do the job so I don't feel the need to pay so much for this when I could spend it on their amazing eyeshadows! However, this primer is amazing! It is creamy, makes my eyeshadows last all day and really brings out the pigment in the shadows, stops creasing which is essential on my oily eyelids, doesn't irritate or anything like that. I would recommend if you are willing to spend the cash. Best high end primer on the market and this stuff literally lasts forever!