LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 2/26/2015 4:28:00 PM

This is a nice, thin, creamy, smooth eye primer, but it does not work for oily or slightly oily lids. It tends to melt my eye shadows into a mess only after a few hours. I think it would be nice if you are aware that you have normal or dryer lids, but not for anyone with any type of oil.

I got this product when I purchased my Lorac Pro Palette Original. It's great how they included a primer. In my opinion, this product is way to raved about. The packaging is nice and cute, but the formula is ehh. The products smells TERRIBLE and CHEMICALLY. This might just be mine, or just a fluke, but when I sniffed it, I instantly was shocked. The primer is quite sticky, which is great in a sense to hold the eyeshadows in place, but due to it, the eyeshadows have a hard time blending around. Don't get me wrong, the Lorac eyeshadows are amazing! The consistently of the primer is quite liquidy and is a white ish color, so it would work on many different skin colors. Overall, I wouldn't purchase this in the full size.

on 2/22/2015 1:48:00 PM

I got this from ULTA as a beauty steal, so I paid only $10 instead of the retail price $21. I'm glad too, because there wasn't anything "wow" about this primer as I would expect for $21. Formula-wise, it reminded me a lot of the $6 NYX HD Eyeshadow Base, with a soft, creamy consistency, skin-colored tone, sheerness, drying time, and staying power--which brings the color out of my eyeshadow for 6+ hours before the color either begins to fade or crease, depending on stress and environment.

After about 3 months of having this, I also noticed that the tube started to spill a little oil before the rest of the product would come out, which seems typical for squeeze tube packaging as this has happened with my former favorite (and discontinued) Victoria's Secret VS PRO Lasting FX Eyeshadow Primer when it was packaged in a white squeeze tube. Not a huge deal but it can be a little messy. To prevent it I alternate storing the tube upside down and right side up from day to day--if I remember to.

I have tried 2 eyeshadow primers so far (NYX HD Eyeshadow Base and this LORAC one) and 2 eyeshadow bases (NYX Eye Base in Skin and a huge number of Maybelline Color Tattoos), and overall this LORAC one is my least favorite because it is otherwise expensive had it not been for the Ulta Beauty Steal deal, and it performs like a drugstore primer. In fact, the Maybelline Color Tattoos aren't even marketed as eyeshadow primers but they outperform anything I have tried on my oily lids, especially with powder shadow over them. I thought I'd have a taste of a higher-end primer with the LORAC primer, but I'm not repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I received the mini size of this eye primer with the Lorac Unzipped palette. It is very comparable to Urban Decay's Primer Potion both in texture and the way it blends into the skin. The eye shadows never creased or fade when I used this primer, but then again, I don't suffer from oily eyelids and the shadows I used were extremely rich in color too. Maybe if I use it with cheap eyeshadows I could see the true performance of this primer? Anyway, would I buy the full size?
Heeeeeell no!!!! Eye primers are one of those things I wouldn't splurge on.
Good product, just over priced.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I received a sample of this with the LORAC Pro Palette and thought I would try it out before I opened a new NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, which is my go-to eye shadow primer.

The tube seems to be of good quality. I like that you squeeze the product out, rather than using a doe foot applicator. It seems as though less product would be wasted, left in places that couldn't be reached. The product is creamy, with a light tint. It blends in with my skin tone. I don't detect a fragrance to it.

Unfortunately, this product didn't work for me. My lids tend to be oily and one eyelid is slightly hooded. By the end of the day, the eye makeup and formed a nice crust in my crease -- particularly on the more hooded eyelid. (This doesn't happen when I use the NARS primer.) My eye shadow looked as it used to look before I started using primer.

This product might work for people whose eyelids are not hooded at all and/or whose eyelids are not oily. However, if you fall in either or both of these categories, I don't recommend this product.

on 2/4/2015 9:52:00 PM

I absolutely love this primer! My eyeshadow lasts all day when I use this which for me ranges from ten to sixteen hours. The primer is creamy and has a little shimmer to it. It does not come out of the tube greasy and a little goes a long way. The sample size would last me two to three months. The only reason this is not a five star product is because if you do use too much it will crease and make your eyeshadow impossible to properly blend. I personally do not mind that because the tube lasts longer then and I save money.

on 1/23/2015 12:45:00 PM

I received a sample of this primer with the Lorac Pro Palette. I have very oily lids, but I did not like this primer at all. It seemed to make my eye shadows very slippery and they could not adhere well to my lids. Along with that, my eye shadow would melt off very quickly. I currently use the Wet 'N Wild Primer or the NARS Primer and I enjoy those. I was surprised that this primer did not even go well with the Lorac shadows themselves.

on 1/6/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favorite high end eye primer. This blows UD Primer Potion away. Intensifies shadows and increases wear time. This is nothing revolutionary, unique or something you couldn't find in the drugstore, though.

on 12/16/2014 3:22:00 PM

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with my Pro Palette and have been using it only because I used up all my Milani Eyeshadow Primer (which works like a dream, btw). The formula is very thin, you have to use quite a bit and build it up for it to have much tackiness or coverage. It doesn't work very well either, my shadows crease within 8 hours so I'm not impressed with the performance either. I definitely won't be purchasing a full-size of this eye shadow primer and will probably not be finishing the tube I have either. Back to Milani's eye shadow primer for me!

on 11/27/2014 2:36:00 PM

Am I the only one who hates this stuff?? I bought it because Benefit discontinued the primer I'd been using. At first I thought it was a fine replacement - certainly kept my shadow in place - but after a month or so, I started having terrible problems with my eyelids. As in, they were dry, flaky, red, swollen, and painful. Since this was the only new thing, it seems likely to be the culprit. I threw it out. Thinking about it more, I remember the salesclerk at Sephora saying to use only a tiny bit, because otherwise it could be very drying. Seems even a very thin layer can have that result! After a couple of weeks and a visit to the derm am still battling inflamed, painful eyelids. I guess it will be months before I can wear any eye makeup at all. Horrible, awful, ugh. NB it's got silicone in it, although I don't know for sure if that's what caused the problem.

Top Rated LORAC Products