December 22, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I received a deluxe sized sample of this with my Pro Palette and have been using it only because I used up all my Milani Eyeshadow Primer (which works like a dream, btw). The formula is very thin, you have to use quite a bit and build it up for it to have much tackiness or coverage. It doesn't work very well either, my shadows crease within 8 hours so I'm not impressed with the performance either. I definitely won't be purchasing a full-size of this eye shadow primer and will probably not be finishing the tube I have either. Back to Milani's eye shadow primer for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Circe07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Am I the only one who hates this stuff?? I bought it because Benefit discontinued the primer I'd been using. At first I thought it was a fine replacement - certainly kept my shadow in place - but after a month or so, I started having terrible problems with my eyelids. As in, they were dry, flaky, red, swollen, and painful. Since this was the only new thing, it seems likely to be the culprit. I threw it out. Thinking about it more, I remember the salesclerk at Sephora saying to use only a tiny bit, because otherwise it could be very drying. Seems even a very thin layer can have that result! After a couple of weeks and a visit to the derm am still battling inflamed, painful eyelids. I guess it will be months before I can wear any eye makeup at all. Horrible, awful, ugh. NB it's got silicone in it, although I don't know for sure if that's what caused the problem.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, Lorac products have been hits; no misses. This item is no different. It goes on really smooth without tugging my eyelid area. Eyeshadow adheres to it all day. I love the practicality of the squeeze tube. It's very clean and neat. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Terrible. Did absolutely nothing to help the eyeshadow last longer or to enhance the colours.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by misscomplexity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At long last I have found the primer that works for me! I LOVE THIS PRIMER. This works so incredibly well for my eyes that I can't believe this was a free sample from my Pro Palette 2. It applies very smoothly, the eyeshadow is still very easy to blend with this primer on, and it doesn't make my eyeshadow patchy. Also a little bit goes a long way. I work a typical 9-hour day in an office setting under fluorescent lights all day and when I get home, my shadow still looks very good (eyeliner is a different story though).

For my eyes, Urban Decay Primer Potion made it incredibly difficult to blend and it honestly didn't work to preserve my eyeshadow all day. I've also used the NARS primer and that one made my eyeshadow very patchy, but it did keep makeup in tact all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received this with my Unzipped palette. I have the UDPP and Fergie's primer in shimmer and regular, so it took me a long time to even try this. I like this primer best of all- it is invisible on skin and blends like a dream. There is no color to compete with your eyeshadow. Fergie's primer is good, but it applies very wet and sometimes I feel like it "eats" the eyeshadow I put on. The UDPP is good, but that also doesn't blend as easily as this. I have not noticed any creasing or fading, there is no difference in my eye makeup from the morning and the evening.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I have three tubes of this stuff from the LORAC palettes I've purchased. Prior to attempting to use this, I was using Jane eye primer and it was amazing. No creasing, hydrating but not greasy and made my shadows blend and stay on forever.

The LORAC primer made my shadow very hard to blend out. I tried using this with my UD Naked palette and the crease shadows would just disappear, right after I applied it. It also my shadow extremely hard to blend. Tossed all 3 tubes into my purge pile and will be giving away to friends and family.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by StefyD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got two samples with my unzipped palate and it creases like crazy. Hate this. Going back to urban decay

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by bmcnally

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i hate this primer. i've only gotten the sample sizes with my pro pallet 1&2 so i've never bought it, but i wouldn't after trying it. I LOVE lorac products especially the pallets but not this. it doesn't crease on me but it does nothing for the colors, doesn't make them pop or vibrant, and i feel like overtime the color becomes muted and almost transparent. definitely doesn't have good staying power. I prefer the NYX HD eyeshadow base over this, every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a sample size with my Lorac pro palette. Its a very light and creamy formula where a little goes a long way and creates a smooth base to work on. This is what I have observed using this with my 3 main types of eye shadows: Urban decay, Too Faced and Lorac.

Lorac: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing and the colour stays true.

Urban Decay: Shadows glide on smoothly but crease as the day goes on and are creased quite badly by the end of the day.

Too Faced: Shadows glide on smoothly, no creasing but the shadow colours fade and go more muted as the day goes on.

I'm going to stick with UDPP, TFSI and Nars as they are higher performing - but will use this tube up with my pro palette shadows.