August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Treatments (Face) - MISSHA - Super Aqua Detoxifying Peeling Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well, the time has finally come. It's been 5 years since I've purchased this product on a whim on my high school graduation trip. College has come and gone, and now I've been a working girl for almost 1.5 years. And tonight's the night when I've finally finished every last drop of this product. This all may sound a little melodramatic but this trusty peeling gel has been with me through thick and thin. I use it after my shower, and after I've blotted my face dry. I find that the hot water from my shower loosens up my dead skin cells, and so when I massage this on to my skin, EVERYTHING comes off. Remember, you must use this on a dry face! And you know it works when you try to give it another go immediately, and nothing sloughs off because your face is already squeaky clean. I don't know how it does it! My skin is left smooth, with a subtle glow.

I've recently began using Skinceuticals Retional 0.5 and needless to say, my skin has been flaking like crazy. This little gem is such a savior, it's non-irritating and does the best job in removing these pesky little flakes, further helping my "new" skin to resurface.

I think I will repurchase this sometime down the road. Since I've been with this for 5 years I'd like to stray a little bit and perhaps try Laneige's Multiberry Peeling Gel. I'll keep you guys posted on how these two compare ;) I have a feeling that all peeling gels end up producing the same effect, and since this is extremely affordable and a bang for your buck, I'm sure I'll eventually come back to Missha!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Eh... Not that impressed. It's not a BAD product, but it's not a great one compared to the other peeling gels out there.

First, the good things. The packaging is LOVELY. It's made of strong, durable plastic and is a squeeze-y tube with a flat, screw-on top, so it sits nicely by the sink or in the shower and is also travel-friendly! The product looks a bit like a generic white shampoo when squeezed out, which was unexpected but not a bad thing. It had a nice but noticeable scent that remidns me of aloe or a cut leaf, so keep that in mind if you're sensitive to fragrances. Also, this gel was surprisingly cheap on Amazon, something like $12 if you're in the US.

One important thing that the marketing for this product doesn't tell you is that it actually contains very fine microbeads to give you some physical exfoliation while you're lathering it up on your face. This is a good/bad thing, since beads can cause irritation and/or leave very small scratches in your skin. (Some people like the sensation and the extra exfoliation boost though, so up to you.)

Also, I'm used to Asian peeling gels working instantly. My old SANA de Porejo peeling gel would only need a few seconds to loose dead skin before I could gently rub it away. However, this one had to sit on my skin for a good 30-60 secs before I noticed the same effect. This is why I took off two lippies, because I'm just not patient enough for that. I want to just use this product, lather off the dead skin and be done with it. I didn't want to WAIT. I'd really like this product to be more about chemical exfoliants rather than relying so heavily on the beads to do the heavy work.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

SKIN-DATA: Dry/dehydrated, sensitive, clog-prone (especially to silicone), and scar-prone. Asian living on the West coast of Canada, so fairly dry climate and major wind chap all the time. 20-25 years old.

It's an effective peeling gel even if the peeling action if fairly mild. You need to massage the gel around after waiting a lil bit for it to really work. It's great to use after two nights of retin-a as it helps gets rid of the flakes but if you were thinking it'll help with clogged pores or blackheads, try something stronger.

CONCLUSION: Will I buy again? Probably not even though it's only approx $15 usd for the bottle. There is probably a better one out there (though this one isn't necessarily bad).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by satellite99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this thinking it was similar to the Cure peeling gel and was dismayed to realize it was more of a physical scrub. Yes, it has the peeling gel but its very weak and so the gritty particles are supposed to do the rest. I just wished the description emphasized the scrub part instead of the peeling. Some may like it as a gentle exfoliator with a little extra but I would prefer not to have my peeling gels and scrubs combined so I won't be repurchasing. I got this on sale but at full price, I think its expensive for the amount you get. The scent is mild and the packaging with a narrow tube opening and a good solid cap is probably what I like best about this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by tisawonderfullife

Good peeling product. It does a good job of exfoliating and my skin always feels nice and smooth after using this. I do need to moisturize immediately after using this product as it makes my face feel taunt and dry. I do worry though that the massaging effect of the product may be too rough and pull on my skin. I wouldn't purchase this product again just because there are other peeling products out that I want to try.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2011 1:49:00 PM More reviews by chicstylequeen

Really nice and gentle product. Not as nice as the oxygen peeling from the same line.

The directions in English:
After washing the face, place an adequate amount and apply all over the face, avoiding the lip and eye areas. Softly massage until dead skin cells and wastes come out and thoroughly rinse off with lukewarm water.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by exu2

Many people recommended the Hello Kitty Apple Gomage, Laniege peeling gel and Cure but I couldn't get my hands on them and used this one instead. I actually have the Missha Super Aqua Oxygen Micro Essence peeling gel though and I purchased this for $24.90 AUD.
For the price, I do not think it is worth it but it works decently. I am able to see dead skin cells being peeled off and radiant, smoother skin afterwards. After a while, it did not seem to be working as much and I preferred my good old flannel to exfoliate instead.
I think the packaging is pretty but the pump it really cheap and it does not come out easily. I think there are better exfoliators than this but I will continue to use this for dry spots or places on my face that is peeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Iceminx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first gel peel, so I can't compare it to others, but I was shocked by how well it worked. After rubbing it into my skin, dead skin actually peeled right off. The scent is neutral, and the texture is smooth even as it's being rubbed on. I would caution others with sensitive skin to be careful, as I was so excited it was working that I ended up with a slightly raw left cheekbone. Yes, it turned red and bumpy, and stayed that way for over 4 days.
Now if only they made something like this for feet!!
I have the trial size that came with the Missha sampler.