October 22, 2014 | 900 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Complete Ageless Rejuvenating Lathering Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

Although I love this as cleanser, I don't think it exfoliate enough. I also love the scent and the fact that it makes my skin so soft after using this. I won't buy this again if I am looking for something to exfoliate my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by OhSoFly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of the cleanser I was using (also Olay) and couldn't find it at Walgreens. The reason I decided to stick with the brand was because that cleanser did an excellent job of completely removing my makeup from my face. I grabbed this up because it was on sale and I have to say I really like it. I guess I do not have sensitive skin but then again I don't rub very hard either.

My skin is radiant, smooth and clean when I finish. I follow up with Mary Kay oil free hydrating gel.

I have not noticed any lathering whatsoever but I didn't with my previous Olay cleanser either. That's why I took off one lippie. The name of the product is not entirely accurate. I personally do not need the bubbly effect to feel like my face has been cleansed properly but for someone who does they may be thoroughly disappointed. Even so, I give this cleanser two thumbs up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Couldn't find my other cleanser...sensitive foaming also by olay. think this is makeing me breakout.. 2 big pimples and a few smaller ones on my chin, and clogging my nose making it greasy still, also aggravated the pores on my body

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Yum3ji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: Essential cleansing for healthy looking skin. Olay Complete Lathering Cleanser provides essential cleansing by combining Olay conditioners and vitamin E in a nourishing lather. The gentle formula sweeps away dirt, oil, and make-up to help promote and maintain healthy looking skin everyday.

Dermatologist Tested
Non-Comedogenic

Directions: Dispense product into hand. Work into a creamy lather adding water as needed. Massage gently onto face. Rinse off with water. As with other facial cleansers, avoid direct contact with eyes.

MY THOUGHTS: I received a free 30 mL sample of Olay Complete Lathering Cleanser in the mail and decided to use it in between cleansers. The packaging for the sample I received was a white, opaque tube with a matching white screw cap. The translucent and pearlescent gel has a low viscosity accompanied with a light floral/detergent fragrance. Note: there were no exfoliating beads in the sample I received. Using a small pea-sized amount of cleanser, this product quickly foamed up with the help of my Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush and just as easily rinsed off without leaving any residue behind.

INGREDIENTS: Water/Eau, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium Myristoyl, Sarcosinate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Citric Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycol Distearate, Polyquaternium-10, PEG-100, Fragrance/Parfum, Lauric Acid, Cocamide Mea, Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laureth-10, BHT, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

MYSELF: I'm an Euro-Canadian with combination and sensitive skin that is prone to clogged pores (Baumann skin type: OSPW). continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by jenzbugrulz

I really like this stuff! It works great on my combo skin. The beads haven't bothered my skin so far, but I don't scrub really hard with it.

UPDATE: I am unable to use this product due to itching and reaction, which is unfortunate! If I could use it, I would though!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sushi288

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty simple cleanser, smells great, and lathers well. It gets rid of my make-up and all the oils and dirt on the face; it does the job in terms of getting your face clean. Like some of the previous reviews, there's nothing super special about this face wash, but I would recommend it to others who want something simple and cleanses clean. I think the price for this is too high for such a simple cleanser (about 6 or 7 bucks), I got mine on sale, but I will repurchase if it's ever on sale again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gentle and lathering, does not irritate skin. It is lightly scented and rather runny, as another reviewer indicated. Overall, nothing special - I think I expected something more, better. I may repurchase at a good sale price; otherwise, there's a ton of stuff out there for my face to testdrive.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MissBettyful

I got a sample of this somewhere... And I found it didn't do much. It's very watery too, I have a big issue with that. I think it looks like a cloudy gel. It's not really that great lathering wise, it doesn't bubble much. I don't think I'd actually buy this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by werewolfbarmitzvah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a deluxe sample (50-75 ml iirc) attached to a Olay Complete moisturizer bottle. This is definitely not making me leave Neutrogena Fresh Foaming, which is my all time favorite cleanser. However imo, this is one of the better Olay cleansers. All of the Olay cleansers I have bought have left a residue, but I did not experience it with this one. This does not lather too much imo, you need a lot of product to get that going. I do feel this does not clean my face properly and I have been breaking out between my browns and forehead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Not so much. Packaging is great, price is good, pretty easy to find anywhere but that;s where it stops for me. I am 30 with normalish skin but still prone to breakouts easily. This sounded good since I love Olay complete spf15 and the night of olay cream so I thought this would just add to my own "3 step" routine...Oh it was not good. I made the mistake of trying this on vacation last summer and spent the rest of my vaca at the drugstores trying to buy other stuff to clear up my face. It leaves a residue so i used a strong toner to get it off and that just irritated the hell out of my face. It did not clean my face but made it feel dirtier and I know it didnt clean b/c the residue was all over the toner pad! Then the bumps started the next morning. By the afternoon I had 2 deep cysts on my chin. I sometimes use the sensistive wash by olay and have never had a reaction like this. I also use the harsh Neutrogena oil free wash and still havent had that happen. The smell is not the "classic" olay smell but like generic flower extract mixed with plastic. I only gave it a 3 for price packaging and availability. If you have skin of steel go for it but this was just toxic for me. HTH!