April 17, 2014 | 1800 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

This is a fair product if you are into mineral makeup. I am not. For me it seems more like glorified translucent powder. Ok if you have oily skin but would not recommend it for dry types. Not a product for concealment or evening tone without looking made up. However it is non irritating and does feel bare.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by viviennepan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i read lots of positive reviews on this product and i thought that i might as well give it a try. i am a big fan of mineral foundations because i have acne prone skin. However when i applied the product onto my face at the shop, there was this very unpleasant, iron smell. Bad experience!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by mariaa13

I actually really like this product. the color is a bit light for my skin but that's okay cus I use this on top of my Maybelline foundation which is a tad too dark. I have kind of oily skin and this usually keeps my t zone matte for about 3-4 hours. it feels and looks pretty natural as long as you blend it well. it also has a bit of a powdery smell but you cant really notice it unless youre literally sticking youre nose in the powder. I use the brush it came with which isn't the best but it gets the job done, although this would probably be a million times better if you used a different brush to apply the product. over all I like this product quite a lot .

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Teacup123

Its super fast to apply. However, the face gets oily within an hour. My face got oilier than putting on liquid foundation (no powder to set). The oiliness is accompanied by a deadly white cast as well as an orangish color (due to oxidation).

I thought it was summer time so my face got oilier quicker. So i saved it until fall/winter when my skin is drier. All the same results except for that my face stayed matte for one hour and one minute.

Also, I get small zits within two day of using the product around my forehead and the cheek areas next to my nose. I also see that my skin seems to have bumps around that same cheek areas.

Overall, I do not think this product is worth the money for it does not do its job.

P.S.: i have acne prone and combination oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Good coverage if used only on red spots/dark spots (all over is just too much for me and I don't need it)--I usually stick to the sides of my face near my cheeks where remnants of old blemishes make their marks, and around my eyes where I get sun spots sometimes. Sometimes I tap it right on those spots and blend out and it covers amazingly.

It can be heavy if you cover all of your face, but I can see where it can be hard to stop once you start buffing. I haven't worn foundation in 2 years, and put this on the other night for going out with friends and I was shocked at how pretty I looked with foundation! But I am finally comfortable with my skin so I will probably continue to use this only for special occasions.

I use the tiny pot of concealer powder every day under my eyes--EXCELLENT coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Rachay24

This product is totally UNDERATED. i picked this looking for a new mineral powder..i am so pleased with the look and feel of this product! i used to use maybeliene mineral powder , i noticed that with all the ingredients it said it didnt have (talc, oil free, etc..) overall a good sign for a good facial foundation. here i did some research to find that the ingredients were very harsh to sensative skin (zinc oxide) it caused me to have red splotches on my fade. dont get me wrong its a great product, just not great for me. i would reccomend the LOREAL NAUTRALE GENTLE MINERAL POWDER FOUNDATION to anyone with SENSATIVE skin. another plus is this product on does not look CAKEY, if blended in correctly..also the kebuki brush it came with is softer than the maybeliene brush. i will follow this review up with an update in about a week (: good luck ladies !!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by aimeejmpr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder foundation because it gives a matte finish without feeling heavy. It CAN look cakes though. You have to barely put any on your brush when applying and blend blend blend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this foundation is okay, and it really does cancel out the redness and mattifies your skin. My problem was that is gives a VERY cakey finish, so much, in fact, that i started to not like this product. It settles into your fine lines and just overall makes you look like a cake-face.
That being said, i just LOVE the brush that comes with it: its very dense and helps buff in other powder and liquid products.
Don't waste your money on this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by googleit1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice, quality powder for times that you want a natural look but not so natural that it does nothing. This has a great texture -- very finely milled, soft, blends easily and looks natural. It's not cakey or powdery at all (which is pretty awesome considering how some powders can look!).

Huge plus -- It doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. It smells good (to me) and is pleasant to use. I can tell with some powders when they have irritating or low quality ingredients.

I think this works well if you have pretty good skin already and just need light coverage to smooth everything out. I find that it does NOT work well as a setting powder; I have dryish skin but when wearing this over foundation I am more shiny than usual. However, wearing it alone it works well and lasts pretty much all day.

Cons:
--high price for the small amount you get
--can be hard to tell what color would match you when buying (this could just be me though)
--not good at controlling oil

I would buy this is again, I like that it is natural looking and soft textured.

***I have a feeling this is being, or close to being discontinued, because the mineral powder trend has played out and it can be hard to find. I found this in a small bin that had been gone through at the grocery store. Unfortunate because this is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Codeblue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mineral foundation runs circles around Bare Minerals. It probably lasts 2 or 3 times longer and is a real bang for the buck! I do use the Bare Minerals primer and then brush this on (lightly, of course). My only criticism is where they put that silly brush and I wonder "Why here......?" Very awkward and unwieldly, much less efficient. I have lots of brushes, so no biggy. Sure hope they never stop making it!