November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in 72 Strawberry Blonde

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the absolutely most beautiful, perfect strawberry blonde. I'm really disappointed that Revlon has discontined it, as I used it for years. I would definately repurchase if it came back on the market. Recently I tried to recreate it by mixing half #71 Golden Blonde with half #42 Medium Auburn. The result was a very pretty light sandy red. The effect, however, still wasn't the same as the #72 Stawberry Blonde, which was lighter and brighter. It's really strange that Revlon wouldn't have one strawberry blonde shade in its range of haircolor products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by chelavert

Ridiculously disappointed with this product. I've got very bleached hair and my roots come in a sandy blonde. I wanted to stop bleaching my hair and decided I'd ombré it. My hair has quite a bit of star berry blonde hues so I decided this would be best to do a middle color to make my ombréd. Not only didn't NONE of the color stick, even with the 45 minutes suggested for bleached hair, it lighted chunks of my roots and causes places to turn an ugly shade of dull grey blonde. Would not recommend at all to people with bleached hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LegitMakeupObsession

This colour looked great on packaging but on black hair it DOES NOT work out :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this shade & brand of color. I've used multiple different shades of the Revlon Colorsilk Auburns over the past 10 years and my hair has never felt damaged after coloring. This Strawberry Blonde # 72 is my favorite shade, it leaves my hair a lighter shade of strawberry blonde. This shade seems to be more multi-dimensional than the other reds/auburns from Revlon as it picks up the natural highlight colors in my hair & they show through. For reference my natural color is a very dark ash blonde/super light brown that has hints of gold/red when I'm in the sun a lot. I know that sounds strange for an ash base color but thats just how my hair is...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycremelatte

I too am asian, I dyed my hair with this product. I have chest length hair and one box would do the trick but bought two and lathered the product into my hair because I was afraid one box would be too little and my hair would turn on uneven. I dyed my hair to a dark brown from black so my hair was quite porous and dry. When I applied this product my hair became even more dry but my hair looks orange-firey red. I did not use bleach because I did not intend to have the same hair color on the package. I only wanted it to be lighter and to have natural red tones. (◕‿◕✿)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by tclair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have damaged hair that is dyed and permed, and just in a mess. I hide that with remedies my hair stylest taught me, but one thing she told me to stop doing was dying my hair. Well at 23 years old I already have an immense amount of gray hair thanks to genetics. I also work in a job where I deal with a large amount of people everyday, and appearance matters. While I have listened to my hair stylist on pretty much everything she has said, I refuse to not dye my hair. I love the way a strawberry blonde color looks on my hair, and when I put this on I was very pleased. It came out as a very natural looking lighter reddinsh blonde. I wih there was a little more red in it, but my hair probably couldnt take that intense of a color anyways. I love my hair, and my coworkers, and my family say that they have never seen a better color on me. It makes you feel good to know that a stranger on the street would never know that it was out of a box and not given by God.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by FelicityFishii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have natural dirty blonde hair and this was amazing! My very first time hair dying, and it worked just like it said!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Cecily33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this hair color. It is the perfect shade. The red looks very natural and not too light or dark. I've been searching for this exact shade of strawberry blond for years and even have tried mixing my own from Sally Beauty supply. I'm from Canada and we don't have this brand here. I bought it on a recent trip to the States and now somehow need to get a lot more. My natural hair color is brownish blonde and had lots of blonde highlights. The Revlon Strawberry Blonde hair color went over it perfectly maintaining the different tones and highlights. I just did it yesterday and am so pleased. I hope it doesn't wash out too quickly. And yes, my hair is now in better condition than before I colored. It looks awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by KimKim236

I really love this hair dye. I have naturally blue black Asian hair and though I am definitely not strawberry blond( that would be impossible without bleach), I have noticed with increasing uses that my hair has lightened a good deal. Up to this date, I have used this twice within a month to 2 month period. The first time I used this, there wasn't too much of a difference. My roots were definitely notably browner with a red tint. When in the sun, my hair also had a brown-red tint to it, but the change was not noticeable inside. Upon hearing that the dye will set faster and become more vibrant with blow drying on the high heat setting, I tried it a second time. My hair was definitely lightened more the second time around. The roots were still a little lighter than the shaft of my hair, but it still looked really natural. There's a bit more of a red tint to it than before, but overall, the color remains brown when I'm not directly in the sun, which is perfectly fine considering my natural color is very dark. For girls who have dark hair, I do recommend buying a light shade, like this one, to achieve your desired color. I was definitely not going for strawberry blonde. But I did want something along the lines of brown and red. And that is exactly what I got and I'm very satisfied. I also suggest that if your hair is very dark and you plan on using this product, you may want to blow dry your hair on heat. I usually leave the hair dye for 45 minutes to an hour while blow drying up to 10-12 minutes during that time. That is definitely way more time than recommended, but it's fine considering my hair is difficult to dye in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by paperclipblonde

This definitely gave me as natural of a light red as I could hope from a box. I am positively in love with the shade it turned my naturally blonde hair.

I can't complain about the color, the smell, or even the application bottle for all that matter.

In comparison to other people, I must note that this did NOT leave my hair very soft, but even weeks later my hair still has a straw feeling and gets tangled, despite being above my ears short. When washing it out I had to use a conditioner to even run my fingers through my hair.

My other complaint is that while I know reds fade fast anyway, people have been noting that even 1.5 weeks after my blonde was already showing through. This fortunately makes it look even more natural (if you've ever met natural strawberry blondes they can have very strong blonde highlights) but if this was a different color this might not be as fortunate.

Overall, for the low price of $4 dollars I will entirely use this product again. Especially for the natural look it gives. But if you continue to use this, I would be prepared to use some deep conditioners so your hair remains shiny and soft.