July 29, 2014 | 1995 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - NailShine Miracle 10 Day Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by carbongrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Got this for $3 on sale, definitely wouldn't pay the full $8 for it as it's just a typical topcoat in my opinion. It takes a long time to fully dry and my nails started to chip on the second day. It provides decent shine, but then again most topcoats do. I wouldn't buy this topcoat again but I'm not going to discontinue using it either.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jaimy1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to warn you all, please guys, don't waste your money...it bubbled terribly on every single nail and ruined my manicure! I was not a happy camper. I've used top coats for years and never had one bubble like this. I've switched to Out The Door cuz of the reviews
and it works great!! Great shine and no bubbles!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by beckymonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was on sale at CVS for more than 50% off so what was the harm? It adds a a beautiful glossy shine on top of my darker polishes, and brings out the glittery undertones. Despite the name, it's not miracle--my polish fades/chips less than 10 days in, but it does make it last longer a few days beyond its life without a topcoat. It work particularly well on creme formulas and pastel colors, I notice these last longer than the dark and metallic colors, which tend to come off on the brush as I swipe it across my nail.

Didn't really lose out on much by trying this, but will continue my search for my HG topcoat.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

really glad I didn't read the reviews before getting this product.

it takes around 10-15 minutes to dry fully so for me that's a long time =/

otherwise it seems to protect the colour rather then enhance it. my nail polish lasted 5 days without chipping which is great (removed it after that)

it lost a 2 lippies because of the long drying time and because it doesn't add any shine to the colour. I'd rather pay the extra $2 and get my usual one. won't re-purchase.

UPDATE:- decided to do a little experiment with this top coat, so far it's been 12 days since I applied it and still my nails look perfect, no chipping, no flaking no bubbles, my aunt commented on them today thinking it was a fresh paint! not bad at all!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have many topcoats, and this one is one of the best. It's easy to apply and dries relatively fast (about 10 min.). The brush is good, and it never goes thick in the bottle. I put on a coat every second day, and it gets more and more shiny for each coat. On top of all, it doesn't "kill" a slight pearly surface as so many topcoats can do. I'll always have this in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

First time I'm using a top coat so I can't really compare much with others! I got it right before my anniversary so my manicure polish would last for a week (yea, long celebration!)...I found this very easy to apply thanks to its long wand and soft long bristles. The formula went on perfect with no bubbling or streaking at all..and it worked so well that I convinced my mom to try it out too. She's busy working in water a lot of the time and her nail polish actually lasted a week with no fading at the edges! Also, this adds an extra sheen to your nails that make them look healthier and the colour richer. I probably won't be buying this again cuz of all the reviews here about cheaper top coats...so I guess i'll be experimenting with more top coats in future!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

Well, this is the first time coming across a MATTE top coat! This top coat is another fail and I'm getting tired of trying different top coat because they all suck. The problems I have with this is 1. It seems like it never actually dries. It may appear dry to the touch but when you go to bed, you will wake up with sheet marks, smudged lines and bubbles. 2. This top coat provides no glossy finish. In the end result, you will get smudgy, creased dull flat nails. I know that this will last days before I'll get a chip, which is a huge plus. The fast dry top coats, for some reason chip mega fast on me. I guess for this, I'll be tossing it and head back to the store. I gave this two lippies: 1. affordable 2. prevents chipping.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by wickedsteele

I have been looking for a good topcoat that will give glossy shine after it dries. This gives only mediocre shine. What's worse, though, is the fact that it bubbles terribly and takes forever to dry. There's no way to not get it to bubble. It doesn't matter how long you roll it around to warm it up (and I never shake polish bottles). I was so incredibly disappointed with this product. I've repainted my toes 3 times to see if it's the polish I'm using that's causing the problem or my application technique. It's not. It's the top coat that's the problem. I used it on my bare fingernails and it looked fine, but even after 24 hours it was still wet in the middle and smudged when I accidentally scraped my nail.

Don't waste your $8. I'm going to try Seche Vite for $2 more. I really should have checked the reviews before I bought this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by PenelopePitstopKYD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found this at CVS for 75% off!!! I said, "Let's give it a try!" So glad I did... I was having trouble getting a blackened charcoal glitter (Milani Silver Dazzle) to shine so I put this on and then applied quick dry and now I have spectacularly shiny nails. (see pic above)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm glad I didn't read the reviews before picking this up. While I agree that it does not dry quickly at all, I did use a coat of Mega Shine over it and it dried quickly, and gave me a nice, thick, uber glossy "shell" over my polish. So, it can't replace my beloved Mega Shine, but I will definitely use this as a semi-top coat from now on.