November 25, 2014 | 1717 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Everstrong Reconstruct shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by acatcalledbellatrix

For some reason when I heard about the sulphate free range from L'Oreal, I was ridiculously excited. And as soon as it was released in Australia I picked up the EverStrong Reconstruct range. At first I was disappointed and didn't really like the results. It made my hair feel overly clean to the point where it overcompensated and made my hair really oily within 24 hours. So this sat in my shower for a year and I started using a variety of shampoos from Lush instead.

Then one day I decided to start using this range again just so it wouldn't get wasted. Instead of using this every wash, I use it every few weeks and my hair loves me for it.

This shampoo makes my hair really soft and manageable but without the masque I don't think the shampoo and conditioner work as well. It doesn't really do anything for my hair that other shampoos don't though, although my hair does dry in really nice waves when I use this range.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by alizaholston

"Dry" could be my middle name when it comes to hair, skin etc Combine that with frequent coloring and my course hair tends to become straw. Originally I bought this to avoid sulfates, but I've been pleasantly surprised that my hair is more manageable and less frizzy and dry. I use it once a week or so with various conditioners, which do work for me, unlike another reviewer who said conditioners didn't work with it for her.

I suspect this shampoo is way more variable depending upon hair type than many shampoos. I have a lot of course, dry, almost straight, home color-treated hair. Even my dh commented that my hair looked in really good condition, a comment so unlike him since usually he's like so many oblivious men.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I recently quit sing shampoos with sulfates because they were irritating my scalp, i tried a few sulfate free formulas before finding this one. It leaves my hair feeling like silk, and my hair is no longer a frizzy puff ball.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really like the scent

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Leigh100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was livid when I noticed the ingredients on this product. I could kick myself for not checking them closer when buying. I like to use the Eversleek occasionally (only one in the EVER line that is cone and SLS free I have learned) and decided to try this one out since it had ceramides. This shampoo is SLS free but has heavy cones. How are we supposed to remove the cones? This product builds up and dries hair out. The cones in the shampoo make hair feel nice at first, but coat the hair preventing conditioner from penetrating. The result...the hair slowly begins to dry as you use this product.
By the way, the matching conditioner has mineral oil in it. So now we have 2 heavy coating products but no SLS to remove them. Yes the sulfate free ingredients could remove them but the combo with the mineral oil in conditioner just proves too much for some hair and it needs clarified often.

If you like this product I would suggest clarifying hair once in a while to remove all the buildup it causes.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by phoebeclaire

This shampoo made hair look GROSS. As soon as my hair was blow dried, I noticed greasy roots, and weird, greasy patches. I used it with the matching conditioner and it didn't make my hair look clean at all. It was dull and felt stick and coated. It also made my ends look frazzled. It did smell clean. I only used it once. I have fine, damaged, dyed hair, so maybe this could work for someone with dryer, thicker hair? Big maybe, IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by peritadulce

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the WORST shampoo ever! It DRIED my hair horribly (my hair was in good condition before I decided to use this). After using the shampoo 3 times (a very small amount of it) my hair became damaged, completely dry and dull... my hair was naturally shiny, now itīs not. It is totally weakened and without volume. It damaged my hair cuticle.
Also the first time I used it I felt my scalp EXTREMELY DRY and itchy!! I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED SUCH A BAD REACTION FROM A SHAMPOO!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by kaylacurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! My hair is extremely dry, curly, frizzy, and unmanageable. No product has worked in controlling my hair, but this product has worked amazing for me. Prior to using this product, I went through gel very fast and conditioner as well. The first time I used this, I wasn't planning on going anywhere, so I combed out my hair and let it air dry. It stayed calm and relaxed, even after sleeping with my hair down, it was calm in the morning. This is the only product that has worked for me, I love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ekaifetz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I saw online that many people recommended this product for a healthy alternative to most shampoos. Well I must say I am not impressed. I feel that if it was all that great for my hair then it wouldn't leave it feeling like hay. Also it has a potent smell not all that different than comet, and for those of you who may not be familiar with comet it's that powdery stuff many people use to clean their bathtubs. My husband wouldn't come near me all night and this was after I just used a mask made of Coconut oil and Maple syrup that smelled delicious. The L'oreal shampoo and conditioner undid all the good the mask did. You couldn't pay me to use this product on my hair again, but I may be using it to clean my bathtub if the store wont return it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ParfumLust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this shampoo for the last six months and I love it. I have to start by saying I don't use it every shampoo, but I use it at least 50-60% of the time. This leaves my hair feeling healthy and soft. Sometimes, I don't even bother with conditioner and my hair still feels soft when dry. I find this pretty amazing because I dye my hair regularly. I also haven't had any problems with my hair being oily or limp after using it. I like the herbal smell, but I could definitely see it turning off some people. Overall, I find it a good product that, at least for me, does what it claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by BreezyKiss

Once upon a time there was a girl and her hair- who wanted highlights. This girl(me) made a trip to a salon she had never been to before. She gingerly walked in with a smile on her face and walked out with a HUGE frown. Long story short, the stylist fried my hair! My hair was so brittle and no matter what shampoo I used it was more dry than I have ever felt it before. I was in Target and decided to try this shampoo & conditioner combo, because of the big selling point for me-NO SULFATES(which can cause dryness)! Whoo hoo! At first wash and condition my hair felt a little better. I didn't see overnight results but I continued to use it because each time my hair felt better and better. It was like my hair was getting stronger and less dry with every use. Fast forward to two months later and my hair is SOOOOO soft, so shiny, and so silky. It felt like it did before I got my hair fried like chicken. Cons-The smell takes a little getting used to because I am more of a sweet floral/flowery girl and this is more of a fresh/clean scent! Another con- packaging the shampoo is kind of hard to squeeze through the tube, and the tube gets all squished up by the end of it, but regardless of those two things, I give this shampoo & conditioner combo FIVE stars! Also, I would recommend a good cleansing shampoo to use once a week so you don't suffer from build up or too much greasiness. :) Anyways, the girl and her hair lived happily ever after. The end.