October 31, 2014 | 1538 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Vamp It Up 919b

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok I started with up the amp by MAC, then moved on to heroine, then was craving almost black so was going to try cyber, but I found this little gem instead for $1.99!!!!!!! From what I see online, this is DARKER & MORE opaque than cyber!!! It's the greatest steal I've gotten in a while. Very very deep purple; almost black. Matte and long wearing. Exactly what I was looking for. 1 left at my rite aid!! Will DEFINITELY repurchase! The ultimate vampy lip! Looks great w my fair/ medium red skin, black hair, and hazel eyes. A fall staple. Yes I wear this during day. I don't care!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easily applied longwearing colour. Very opaque blackened purple. Non-drying formula. Very vampy and rich. Cute package.

Cons: Tube doesn't roll all the way down
Actually not a lot of product compared to other brands

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After searching high and low I finally found this at the Canadian Super Store for $3.99

It is a very dark purple colour with slight grey undertone.

Matte Finish. Remember to HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE your lips before applying this or else it will be super drying and patchy.

I apply some clear lip balm first...then i go in with MACs lip liner in VINO and fill in my lips. I dab on very little lip balm over Vino for extra hydration and to make sure that the lipstick goes on smooth. My lips come out suppper dark and creamy. Perfect for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a great dupe for MAC Cyber. Maybe a little darker though. It applies smoothly and has a great mattene finish, not drying at all and very opaque. I highly recommend this lipstick, it is a great bargain! I will try to add a picture.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by HollyTheGoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never ever buy this ever again! I try to apply it on my lips and it does look like a crayon. I love the color but the application is annoying! It's way too creamy and it doesn't dry ever! And it stains like crazy. I'm in the Goth Subculture, and I truly do not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched every drugstore in town for this lipstick, and finally found it yesterday. I bought the only two they had, and today, I wore it. The colour is a dark, dark purple--nearly black. The more you layer it, the blacker it gets. It goes on smooth and creamy, and has a matte finish. If you have fair skin, you'll definitely want to use a lip liner with this, and unless you have very full lips (lucky you, if so) you'll want to apply with a lip brush. WnW is a cruelty free brand, and is inexpensive. The packaging, as usual, isn't that great. The lipstick bullet doesn't go down all the way, so be careful when taking the cap on and off. On a side note--I own the Fergie WnW lipstick Pagan Angel, a pure black color. This, if layered, is basically that, but with a more matte finish. I recommend this, but good luck on finding it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wore this when I went out shopping and running errands yesterday, and I didn't need to touch it up at all in the 5 hours I was out. I even drank.
I really like the color. It's a very dark purple and the color is somewhat buildable. I'm actually on my second tube and I'd buy another one. I don't really mind the shape of the lipstick, but it does make it a little difficult to apply. I took off one point for that. I usually put a balm under it but, even when I haven't, I haven't had any problems with this feeling dry. That's me in the photo up there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

This is actually a pretty good product if you use it correctly. I have to apply it on smooth non flaky lips to get it to work right. I apply one layer of waxy lip balm at the center of my lips first since the lipstick consistency is hard/dry, line my lips, then start filling in with the lipstick till it gets creamy and the warmth of the skin melts it down a little. Blot then apply again. For the price, it's worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I adore this colour. It is extremely similar to MAC Cyber with all it's gothy purple goodness. This is actually a touch less brown on me than Cyber but others will probably find them to be dupes. Perfect for dark, sultry cold weather looks. That said, this is a WnW product. While they have stepped up their eyeshadows and whatnot, this lipstick formula is very unflattering. Regardless of prior exfoliation, this will make your lips look flaky. The lipstick is very dry a la Ruby Woo and tugs at the skin. You absolutely need to layer this or use a balm or something, it is heinous by itself. So why bother, you ask? A) I do not wear Cyber enough to pay $15 for a tube and B) Vamp It Up is a steal at about $2. I usually pat a burgundy shadow over my lips when I want to go darker but having Vamp It Up on hand is nice. Again, a total bargain, but if you adore this colour, go for Cyber.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by earlyviolence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a blackish lipstick for when I want to look a little more "goth." Black is too harsh with my pale skin and white-white hair. A former friend gave me this since she said with her black hair, it made her feel too goth.

I line and fill in my lips with a nude liner (sephora brand). Lining the entire lip really makes this go on smoother and last longer. I LOVE the dark purple, practically black color. The fact that it's matte makes it even better. I keep trying to find dark purples but they're always sheer or glossy. This one is my favorite. The only problem is you have to keep reapplying if you drink/eat, but whatever. It's hard being a sometimes-goth.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No