November 22, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Vamp It Up 919b

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by penguinlover1134

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula isn't AMAZING but the color is!! If it goes on streaky, that may be due to dry lips. Try a lip balm and primer underneath. Also to prevent streaks and rough lipstick application in general it's super important to maintain moisturized lips at all times. That means drinking lots of water and applying a good lip balm often. That will help all lipsticks look more beautiful on. Anyway back to this lipstick ... I really love the color, and it's super inexpensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Alright. It's been a lonng time since I owned a black lipstick and the last time I needed one for a look I just used liner (black outside, purple inside. It was pretty rad). I have Revlon Black Cherry and wanted the Va Va Violet but I couldn't find it. So I heard of this and thought, why not. It's sooo cheap. I think by now it's either discontinued or just that all 7 stores I called are out of it by chance, but I got it on ebay for about $4.50.

Yes, it's thick and I get the crayon comments.

Yes, it's drying and matte.

But for it's sake, I think the color rocks. It is super dramatic and you can't pull this off if you are faint of heart. I like that its not PURE black as that would be a different statement but it's close enough that it is super vampy yet a bit more mature.

I also think that being matte, it stays on better. I worry about dark softer colors bleeding. A matte hardly bleeds.

So for all that, the price, the color, I don't mind the cons. I don't have a hard time applying it even without that 'point' shape. But one thing that does kind of bug me is that it *is* patchy. Boo. You can fill it in, but it is really thick. I still love it for what I paid, which was a higher price than the average person who got it in store and I'm a major bargain buyer. I also use Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Powerful Purple as a liner for this and it's amazingly perfect. So as much as I like it, I have to give a 3 because I'm just super critical, but I still do like it considering. I'll probably *still* get the Revlon too, they are so different from each other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok I started with up the amp by MAC, then moved on to heroine, then was craving almost black so was going to try cyber, but I found this little gem instead for $1.99!!!!!!! From what I see online, this is DARKER & MORE opaque than cyber!!! It's the greatest steal I've gotten in a while. Very very deep purple; almost black. Matte and long wearing. Exactly what I was looking for. 1 left at my rite aid!! Will DEFINITELY repurchase! The ultimate vampy lip! Looks great w my fair/ medium red skin, black hair, and hazel eyes. A fall staple. Yes I wear this during day. I don't care!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Kissiq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easily applied longwearing colour. Very opaque blackened purple. Non-drying formula. Very vampy and rich. Cute package.

Cons: Tube doesn't roll all the way down
Actually not a lot of product compared to other brands

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mizzmkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After searching high and low I finally found this at the Canadian Super Store for $3.99

It is a very dark purple colour with slight grey undertone.

Matte Finish. Remember to HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE your lips before applying this or else it will be super drying and patchy.

I apply some clear lip balm first...then i go in with MACs lip liner in VINO and fill in my lips. I dab on very little lip balm over Vino for extra hydration and to make sure that the lipstick goes on smooth. My lips come out suppper dark and creamy. Perfect for fall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a great dupe for MAC Cyber. Maybe a little darker though. It applies smoothly and has a great mattene finish, not drying at all and very opaque. I highly recommend this lipstick, it is a great bargain! I will try to add a picture.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by HollyTheGoth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would never ever buy this ever again! I try to apply it on my lips and it does look like a crayon. I love the color but the application is annoying! It's way too creamy and it doesn't dry ever! And it stains like crazy. I'm in the Goth Subculture, and I truly do not recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched every drugstore in town for this lipstick, and finally found it yesterday. I bought the only two they had, and today, I wore it. The colour is a dark, dark purple--nearly black. The more you layer it, the blacker it gets. It goes on smooth and creamy, and has a matte finish. If you have fair skin, you'll definitely want to use a lip liner with this, and unless you have very full lips (lucky you, if so) you'll want to apply with a lip brush. WnW is a cruelty free brand, and is inexpensive. The packaging, as usual, isn't that great. The lipstick bullet doesn't go down all the way, so be careful when taking the cap on and off. On a side note--I own the Fergie WnW lipstick Pagan Angel, a pure black color. This, if layered, is basically that, but with a more matte finish. I recommend this, but good luck on finding it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wore this when I went out shopping and running errands yesterday, and I didn't need to touch it up at all in the 5 hours I was out. I even drank.
I really like the color. It's a very dark purple and the color is somewhat buildable. I'm actually on my second tube and I'd buy another one. I don't really mind the shape of the lipstick, but it does make it a little difficult to apply. I took off one point for that. I usually put a balm under it but, even when I haven't, I haven't had any problems with this feeling dry. That's me in the photo up there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

This is actually a pretty good product if you use it correctly. I have to apply it on smooth non flaky lips to get it to work right. I apply one layer of waxy lip balm at the center of my lips first since the lipstick consistency is hard/dry, line my lips, then start filling in with the lipstick till it gets creamy and the warmth of the skin melts it down a little. Blot then apply again. For the price, it's worth a try!