Wet 'n' Wild Vamp It Up 919b

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/23/2015 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this color! It's a very deep purple. The finish is semi-matte, and it isn't drying. I wear this all the time. It's an inexpensive product simply because of the packaging. I would definitely repurchase!

on 4/9/2015 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted a dark lipstick because I was trying to change it up. I also didn't want to spend much money on such a dark color and risk it looking bad. So wet n wild is the perfect way to try out new colors without breaking the bank. I loved this! Very pigmented and stays on for a long time. Its almost black but I love the fact that its not and dark purple is still noticeable. Took off a lippie because it's kind of hard to work with the blunt ended shape it has! Overall def worth the $2 for trying something new!

on 3/6/2015 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This took me forever to find. I had to go to a Walgreens off the beaten path. It looks like crap on me. I have owned most of the Megalasts and this one is probably one of my least favorites. It is patchy as hell on me. The color is great but the formula sucks.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

The formula isn't AMAZING but the color is!! If it goes on streaky, that may be due to dry lips. Try a lip balm and primer underneath. Also to prevent streaks and rough lipstick application in general it's super important to maintain moisturized lips at all times. That means drinking lots of water and applying a good lip balm often. That will help all lipsticks look more beautiful on. Anyway back to this lipstick ... I really love the color, and it's super inexpensive.

on 11/22/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright. It's been a lonng time since I owned a black lipstick and the last time I needed one for a look I just used liner (black outside, purple inside. It was pretty rad). I have Revlon Black Cherry and wanted the Va Va Violet but I couldn't find it. So I heard of this and thought, why not. It's sooo cheap. I think by now it's either discontinued or just that all 7 stores I called are out of it by chance, but I got it on ebay for about $4.50.

Yes, it's thick and I get the crayon comments.

Yes, it's drying and matte.

But for it's sake, I think the color rocks. It is super dramatic and you can't pull this off if you are faint of heart. I like that its not PURE black as that would be a different statement but it's close enough that it is super vampy yet a bit more mature.

I also think that being matte, it stays on better. I worry about dark softer colors bleeding. A matte hardly bleeds.

So for all that, the price, the color, I don't mind the cons. I don't have a hard time applying it even without that 'point' shape. But one thing that does kind of bug me is that it *is* patchy. Boo. You can fill it in, but it is really thick. I still love it for what I paid, which was a higher price than the average person who got it in store because I had to order online, and I'm a major bargain buyer so I usually hate to pay more. I also use Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner in Powerful Purple as a liner for this and it's amazingly perfect. This color doesn't really need a liner since it's matte, but it helps get to the line just right since you have to be careful with a color that dark to not go outside of your lips. So as much as I like it, I have to give a 3 because I'm just super critical. I've only worn it once. I almost wish I waited for Kiss matte in Purple Affair which is brighter, and kind of what I was looking for, but it's good to have a vamp lip I guess.

on 10/24/2014 4:43:00 AM

Ok I started with up the amp by MAC, then moved on to heroine, then was craving almost black so was going to try cyber, but I found this little gem instead for $1.99!!!!!!! From what I see online, this is DARKER & MORE opaque than cyber!!! It's the greatest steal I've gotten in a while. Very very deep purple; almost black. Matte and long wearing. Exactly what I was looking for. 1 left at my rite aid!! Will DEFINITELY repurchase! The ultimate vampy lip! Looks great w my fair/ medium red skin, black hair, and hazel eyes. A fall staple. Yes I wear this during day. I don't care!

on 10/17/2014 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Easily applied longwearing colour. Very opaque blackened purple. Non-drying formula. Very vampy and rich. Cute package.

Cons: Tube doesn't roll all the way down
Actually not a lot of product compared to other brands

on 10/10/2014 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After searching high and low I finally found this at the Canadian Super Store for $3.99

It is a very dark purple colour with slight grey undertone.

Matte Finish. Remember to HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE your lips before applying this or else it will be super drying and patchy.

I apply some clear lip balm first...then i go in with MACs lip liner in VINO and fill in my lips. I dab on very little lip balm over Vino for extra hydration and to make sure that the lipstick goes on smooth. My lips come out suppper dark and creamy. Perfect for fall.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This lipstick is a great dupe for MAC Cyber. Maybe a little darker though. It applies smoothly and has a great mattene finish, not drying at all and very opaque. I highly recommend this lipstick, it is a great bargain! I will try to add a picture.

on 9/7/2014 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I would never ever buy this ever again! I try to apply it on my lips and it does look like a crayon. I love the color but the application is annoying! It's way too creamy and it doesn't dry ever! And it stains like crazy. I'm in the Goth Subculture, and I truly do not recommend this.

Popular Lipsticks