April 16, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Vamp It Up 919b

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by eyelinerismywarpaint

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched every drugstore in town for this lipstick, and finally found it yesterday. I bought the only two they had, and today, I wore it. The colour is a dark, dark purple--nearly black. The more you layer it, the blacker it gets. It goes on smooth and creamy, and has a matte finish. If you have fair skin, you'll definitely want to use a lip liner with this, and unless you have very full lips (lucky you, if so) you'll want to apply with a lip brush. WnW is a cruelty free brand, and is inexpensive. The packaging, as usual, isn't that great. The lipstick bullet doesn't go down all the way, so be careful when taking the cap on and off. On a side note--I own the Fergie WnW lipstick Pagan Angel, a pure black color. This, if layered, is basically that, but with a more matte finish. I recommend this, but good luck on finding it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Tanya86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wore this when I went out shopping and running errands yesterday, and I didn't need to touch it up at all in the 5 hours I was out. I even drank.
I really like the color. It's a very dark purple and the color is somewhat buildable. I'm actually on my second tube and I'd buy another one. I don't really mind the shape of the lipstick, but it does make it a little difficult to apply. I took off one point for that. I usually put a balm under it but, even when I haven't, I haven't had any problems with this feeling dry. That's me in the photo up there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

This is actually a pretty good product if you use it correctly. I have to apply it on smooth non flaky lips to get it to work right. I apply one layer of waxy lip balm at the center of my lips first since the lipstick consistency is hard/dry, line my lips, then start filling in with the lipstick till it gets creamy and the warmth of the skin melts it down a little. Blot then apply again. For the price, it's worth a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I adore this colour. It is extremely similar to MAC Cyber with all it's gothy purple goodness. This is actually a touch less brown on me than Cyber but others will probably find them to be dupes. Perfect for dark, sultry cold weather looks. That said, this is a WnW product. While they have stepped up their eyeshadows and whatnot, this lipstick formula is very unflattering. Regardless of prior exfoliation, this will make your lips look flaky. The lipstick is very dry a la Ruby Woo and tugs at the skin. You absolutely need to layer this or use a balm or something, it is heinous by itself. So why bother, you ask? A) I do not wear Cyber enough to pay $15 for a tube and B) Vamp It Up is a steal at about $2. I usually pat a burgundy shadow over my lips when I want to go darker but having Vamp It Up on hand is nice. Again, a total bargain, but if you adore this colour, go for Cyber.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by earlyviolence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for a blackish lipstick for when I want to look a little more "goth." Black is too harsh with my pale skin and white-white hair. A former friend gave me this since she said with her black hair, it made her feel too goth.

I line and fill in my lips with a nude liner (sephora brand). Lining the entire lip really makes this go on smoother and last longer. I LOVE the dark purple, practically black color. The fact that it's matte makes it even better. I keep trying to find dark purples but they're always sheer or glossy. This one is my favorite. The only problem is you have to keep reapplying if you drink/eat, but whatever. It's hard being a sometimes-goth.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by xrenriot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used to be majorly into the Goth style, and this is one of my lipsticks left over from those days. Yuck! It's absolutely horrible. It goes on streaky and dry. One of the reviewers below me said that it was like putting crayon on your lips, and I agree... it's just like a purple crayon! Also, no matter how smooth your lips are, it manages to accentuate even the smallest flake you may have. The shape of the lipstick is horrible too... it's a blunt edge, almost like a lip balm, so you have very little control of application. I guess you get what you pay for, but this wasn't even worth the three dollars!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 5:13:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Creamy, Opaque, Non irritating, gorgeous color. I could go on for hours! Amazing berry shade! A must try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Rachellitakitty

I love this color! My absolute favorite out of the bunch I got. I first line and fill my lips with a liner that matches my lip color then sort of warm up the lipstick on the back of my hand by swiping it once or twice because I find it goes on creamier after I do that. Blot with a napkin then reapply. I use t straight from the tube with no problem. The color is definitely goth and vampy. A deep purple, almost black in some lighting. It's very opaque and once warmed up is really creamy. I also toned it down with a gloss and it's a beautiful berry color. I also used it as an eyeshadow base for a smokey eye, easy to blend, set it with a dark eyeshadow and voila :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by roseofthedevilsgarden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this lipstick, i like the shade... its a really dark purple that almost looks black.. the con is that it seems to sort of thin out in certain areas kinda like those cheap halloween lipsticks so i have to apply a thicker layer so that it doesn't fade. Other than that i like the consistency- if it is applied right it will last all day or night. I love matte lipsticks so this works perfect for me im very much into the goth/psychobilly style so it works for me but it's definitely not for everyone

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Xandria20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up Vamp It Up 919B today on a whim. I'm a couple weeks before Christmas and I was looking for a cheap thrill. Maybe something that I could build my Christmas face of the day around.

It's a touch darker than I expected bc it's highly pigmented. It is a touch dry but most matte formulations are. I find that I get even coverage by dabbing it on and building it up. This gives an opaque finish that fades evenly.

Overall, I think this is a decent product. If you're looking for a deep intense gothic purple for a few bucks, this is a good pick.