Make Up Store Cover All Mix

3.7

on 1/22/2015 11:04:00 AM

Im actually surprised over the bad reviews on this concealer...
I adore it. It saved my life.
Then i sadly realized that it didnt save my life at all, due to containing oil witch im banned to use accordingly to my strict dermatologist... :(
But what a product this is though!
You can blend your own skintone, you cas use it separerly and it pretty much covers EVERYTHING. I would say medium-full coverage, unless maybe if you have some serious case of acne or something. I have acne prone skin, a few blemishes, some bluish arteries (or whatever its called in english, theese small, thin blue/purple coloured threads here and there) and a few acne scars, and this covers them all! It even comes with instructions!
All these different imperfections have different colors so this little nice looking package is sooo handy and life saving!
Why oh whyyyy do you have oil :(
So now im hunting for a awesome concealer with minimum a medium coverage that doesnt contain any kind of oil. Sounds easy? Well, its not. Its hell, actually. Any recommendations?

on 11/30/2014 9:47:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Covers up dark circles and blemishes a little at least.

Makes my face go all gooey after only a few hours, this is not a concealer for a combination skin.
Doesn't do a great job at covering dark circles etc.
The packaging feels really unhygienic.
Makes my face break out.
I regret buying it.

on 10/30/2014 4:41:00 PM

+ multipurpose concealer, lasts forever. - creases under the eyes, doesnt cover blemishes that well, does not stay on my combo skin, the price. Will not repurchase this one.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was very enthusiastic due to the reviews. However, feels heavy, sets on lines...though it does cover well. I do not like the company uses parabens. I feel it dries a bit.

on 4/13/2014 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

By far the best concealer/corrector I have tried and trust me, I have tried many! Available in two shades: one for fair skin and one for darker skin.
From the three shades in it, red works best for blue under eye circles, yellow for red blemishes etc and the neutral shade to brighten up the other two or as a neutral concealer itself.
I naturally have deep, very dark eye bags. Even though the bags themselves are for good, mixing the red shade with the neutral almost completely makes the blue circles disappear and automatically brightening my eyes making me look more fresh and awake. This works even when I've just had just few hours of sleep after a night out! Sometimes I dab the neutral shade on my cheekbones to create subtle highlights, which also helps the covered under eye area to blend better with the rest of the face.

The product itself is thick and somewhat dry, so it probably wouldn't work as wonderfully on people with dry skin (I've heard people with dry skin saying it flakes on them). Also, applying too much under your eyes can cause creasing and enhance the fine lines underneath the eye. Warming the product between your fingers before applying helps it to blend more smoothly to the skin. Or, if you want to be more hygienic, you can mix the product on the back of your hand with a spatula and from there apply it with a brush. This also keeps the jar itself clean and with a brush it's much easier to avoid over applying. Plus, the product is already mixed on your hand so you don't need to work with the shades while applying it.

It is also very long lasting. One jar lasts for about 1 year (one jar costs about 30). Before Cover All Mix, I used Benefit Erase Paste almost for two years, but this one is just better because you can mix the shades to make it perfect for you and even after 10 hours at work, the oiliness of my face doesn't wipe it off. With Erase Paste and others I had to be careful not to touch the areas of my face where the concealer was applied because at the end of the day those would come off immediately if I even slightly touched those areas. With Cover All Mix I don't have to be so careful.

"Give It Some Time - It can take more than a few tries to find out if a product works or doesn't work for your skin."

on 1/6/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It really covers all my imperfections! With he right amount of product it's amazing! it will surely be your bestfriend! TRY IT! :)

on 12/12/2013 1:39:00 PM

Covers it all, that's for sure! But the product is really dry and i can't use it on my dry areas, it get's flaky and it doesn't look natural :( it's a pity because the coverage is great though..

on 11/6/2013 5:32:00 AM

this product doesn't work for me. the shades are just off. I'm Asian (nc25-nc35) and this just doesn't blend well on my skin. it leaves a white cast that makes me look like Casper the ghost. hahahaha!!! and it is soooo expensive!!!

on 4/5/2013 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this for a while, but recently stopped using it, because it's soo dry. It's good for parts of the face where I'm not too dry, but around my nose (where I need it the most), it looks terrible. It starts flaking right away and just doesn't surve it's purpose. It's a shame, because it has good coverage aside from that and for people with oilier skin it's probably better.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This stuff works. Whatever you want to cover, will be covered. I go from exhausted zombie-racoon to well slept human being in seconds when I use it.

Sadly, it is not perfect. For me, it is a bit to dry for the winter months. I find it cakes a bit and I have to smooth it out under my eyes during the day. I don't have wrinkles or under eye bags, but if I'm not careful - this product will provide me with just that.

Applying with a brush is useless for me, I need to warm it up between my fingers. I will buy it again, though, as I find it behaves differently in warmer weather.

Great for summer, search continues for equally effective winter product.

Oh, and as usual with MUS - the packaging is stupid and sucks. Will break and annoy you.