Neutrogena SkinClearing Mineral Powder

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polyethylene, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Nylon 12, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Petrolatum, Polysilicone 11, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Calcium Silicate (Anticaking Agent), May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this powder. It's easy to pick up with a brush and it does oil control and prevents pimples. One week not using it because I ran out and I already have pimples from using another brand. Sticking to this one. I also like the convenient Murrow and the pouff slot, but I never used that. I use a powder brush

on 2/17/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product. I use this as a powder over my bb cream for extra coverage and it seems to do the job. This doesn't really help with my acne problem, but it doesn't really seem to cause it either or clog my pores. I gave this 4/5 because after I apply this powder, within a few hours my face gets shiny again and I have to blot/re-powder my face.

on 1/16/2015 3:21:00 AM

I just got it today, so far love it! I am acne prone bt ever since i stayed to my routine no breakout. Wash and exfoliate with the grapefruit wash. Before i moisturize acne eliminating spot gel just a tad bit all over my face. Which keeps my skin clear. Then i use skin clearing Foundation. But im oily so something was missing SKIN CLEARING MINERAL POWDER! Omg my face is flawless now. This is coming from a persona addicted to too faced, benefit, tarte and many more from sephora. I still use those high end products but for like eyeshadow, primers etc. But for clear and healthy skin definitely NEUTROGENA!

on 11/30/2014 2:16:00 PM

I did not like this, or the liquid foundation. Both of them made me break out even more and made my skin verrrry oily.

on 11/26/2014 10:21:00 PM

DO NOT BUY. Everyone may be different but this broke out my skin worse and I thought it was to prevent acne. I was told my breakouts were hormonal since I'm in my late 20's so I bought this excited to have some type of coverage until I could get my blemishes under control with medicine. Once I started getting new pimples in the areas I applied this makeup (my cheeks, chin, forehead) I wondered if there was a connection. My mom and cousin suggested I go a few days without the makeup. So I started on a Friday and didn't wear the makeup for four days. Each day my face got clearer and I had ZERO pimples just acne scars by day 4. So I started using aloe vera gel on the scars and they faded tremendously in just four days. I had to do a 2 day staff picture for work so I had to use the neutrogena makeup again. I kid you not. By day two I had 4 to 5 pimples on my cheeks and a bunch of tiny bumps on my forehead. Never again. I'm really disappointed that I paid almost $14 just for a powder that says skin clearing when it does the exact opposite. Bad neutrogena just bad. Back to the drawing board! Hopefully I can find makeup to wear on the days I need it that won't break me out until I can clear my skin.

on 11/16/2014 7:13:00 PM

I've been using this product for over a couple of years now and I am fairly happy with it - good enough to keep me from switching to another product. It has medium coverage and I don't know how much it helps me from clearing my skin, but it definitely does not make me break out. I also live in a very dry area with very long winters so I try to minimize the use of powder in general but I still often use this powder anyway since it does not dry out my skin or make it flakey in particular as long as I moisturize thoroughly.

on 11/16/2014 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

on 8/25/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for as long as I can remember. Great coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for a week and so far there are good and bad things,

Pros: I apply it with a powder brush after my concealer (I don't use foundation) by patting it on rather than buffing, and it really helps put together all of my makeup and evens out my skin tone. I always hate trying to pick the right color in drug stores, but I pretty much got the right color. It may be a shade too light, but it still works out all in all. It also sets my makeup really nicely. I noticed by the end of the day makeup has really stayed in place and kept from sliding.
Cons: Ironically enough, this makeup says its "skin clearing" and that it treats and prevents acne with salicylic acid, but it actually might to be making me break out a tiny bit. There could be another source of my new blemishes, but they appeared on my forehead, and I don't put any makeup on my forehead besides powder, so it's definitely a suspect. This might have been sneakily marketed because although it has salicylic acid, no where does it say its non-comedogenic, so there is a possibility it can clog your pores and create breakouts (especially since there's only 0.5% salicylic acid).This also doesn't do the best job at shine control for me, but it's summer and I can get pretty oily, so I probably should be using a finishing powder too, I just don't like too much stuff on my face.

Anyways I probably have to do an update for a final verdict, but I think my pros and cons are pretty even as of now, especially since I'm not sure if this is the cause of my breakouts. I will still be using it though!

on 7/21/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this compact for over a year now. I think it is great for oil control and just giving my face an even tone. Doesn't really cover any big pimples but i use spot concealer for those. I like keeping this in my purse for on the go application however i am going to look for something with more coverage. Recently my skin has broken out terribly around jawline and temples and I need something to cover those nasty red spots. But if you have pretty clear skin and want to look even and not oily this would be good.