October 25, 2014 | 1814 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by StormyKnight

I've been using this stuff for as long as I can remember. Great coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by helpmenotwastemoneythanks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a week and so far there are good and bad things,

Pros: I apply it with a powder brush after my concealer (I don't use foundation) by patting it on rather than buffing, and it really helps put together all of my makeup and evens out my skin tone. I always hate trying to pick the right color in drug stores, but I pretty much got the right color. It may be a shade too light, but it still works out all in all. It also sets my makeup really nicely. I noticed by the end of the day makeup has really stayed in place and kept from sliding.
Cons: Ironically enough, this makeup says its "skin clearing" and that it treats and prevents acne with salicylic acid, but it actually might to be making me break out a tiny bit. There could be another source of my new blemishes, but they appeared on my forehead, and I don't put any makeup on my forehead besides powder, so it's definitely a suspect. This might have been sneakily marketed because although it has salicylic acid, no where does it say its non-comedogenic, so there is a possibility it can clog your pores and create breakouts (especially since there's only 0.5% salicylic acid).This also doesn't do the best job at shine control for me, but it's summer and I can get pretty oily, so I probably should be using a finishing powder too, I just don't like too much stuff on my face.

Anyways I probably have to do an update for a final verdict, but I think my pros and cons are pretty even as of now, especially since I'm not sure if this is the cause of my breakouts. I will still be using it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by LAYLAADELE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this compact for over a year now. I think it is great for oil control and just giving my face an even tone. Doesn't really cover any big pimples but i use spot concealer for those. I like keeping this in my purse for on the go application however i am going to look for something with more coverage. Recently my skin has broken out terribly around jawline and temples and I need something to cover those nasty red spots. But if you have pretty clear skin and want to look even and not oily this would be good.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is literally my Holy Grail Powder. The price is a bit high for the drugstore, hence the one lippie taken off, but other than that I have no complaints about the product. I have the shade Nude 40 which is perfect for my skintone. This powder keeps me so matte because the Salicylic Acid dries out my face which for an oily grease ball like me is essential to nice makeup. Sure, this doesn't clear up my acne or prevent it by any means but the medicine in it does wonders at oil control. A definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by directioner123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this was an overall good product. i got this on sale for $9. it somewhat covers my imperfections. its very sheer but enough to cover. the "skin clearing" thing isn't really a lie but not really the truth either. it doesn't clear up acne, just kinda makes it smaller but enough to make it unnoticeable. i really like that it is really milled and is easy to apply. a downside to this product is it only has shades for light toned people. i have somewhat dark skin but the powder is very sheer and blends amazingly so thats not really a problem. would i repurchase? maybe, but only if its on sale because the original price is around $14 at the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought Nude 40, which looks a tad too dark on my light skin in the winter time. The powder does a good job of covering my jawline acne and redness and it doesn't seem to cause any acne. It has talc and parabens though so I will probably switch to a true mineral powder even though they cost more. This is good enough to keep using until it runs out, but I probably won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by applecour

BROKE ME OUT. I used this back in 2010 and couldn't remember why I ever stopped because it looked so pretty on, and even overt liquid foundation. then about a week in, I noticed pimples on my forehead and clogged pores on my chin. returned for full refund. won't ever go there again. guess this is why I stopped using it in the first place.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Kimdashylips

ABSOLUTELY READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE TRYING. most of those reviewing this product simply do not understand its use or even how it works. First: if one has very dry skin, then ANY POWDER (WHICH IS ALREADY DRYING) with salicylic acid in it obviously is going to be way to overwhelming for your skin. Even combo may not like this powder. However I AM AN ACNE SUFFERER. I get tons of extremely clogged pores. I started using maybelline bb cream and then topping that off with this powder...WOW. this powder hides all pores, and ISNT FOR COVERAGE, but is for a nice matte flawless/poreless finish. It is drying but my skin is very oily and thats what I need. The applicator is amazing, and I get tons of compliments about my skin after using this. I can build coverage using mac fix plus. Me an my friends swear by this makeup and the fact that IT GETS NO CREDIT IS ANNOYING. like if this gets discontinued ill freak out because its great. FOR A NORMAL ROUTINE for those with different skin then I, USE A HEAVY MOISTURIZER, FOLLOWED BY PRIMER. PUT ON YOUR FOUNDATION AND THEN FINISH OFF BY PATTING THIS ON. F-L-A-W-L-E-S-S. ITS GREAT.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by tessamen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this powder but it doesn't have much coverage. I've purchased 2 or 3 because I use it to set my makeup, I have acne prone skin and it keeps me relatively shine free until I need a touch up. I think I'll try Neutrogena's shine free powder, it's reviews are a bit better

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FireyHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like this powder at all at first. It didn't cover up ANYTHING, it caked up easily, and it's ironic that they call it "mineral" powder because it includes talc, parabens, etc. that some people usually avoid.

The salicylic acid percentage is too low to actually heal up your acne. At an only .05 percentage, you need to use this in conjunction with other things (such as the skinclearing liquid foundation and other skin care products) to really heal acne, but using up all of these products at once will obviously dry your skin out like crazy, which may result in even more exess sebum, ironically breaking you out even more, thus defeating the purpose. However, it does seen to prevent acne from getting any worse. It doesn't break me out.

However, there is some good in this powder, too. At first when I used it, I caked it up in an effort to make it cover up something and not only it failed, it looked abnormally matte and cakey, which made it obvious that I had powder on. After not using it for quite a while, I gave it one more chance by simply setting my makeup with it. It actually looked pretty good. With only a sheer layer, it mattified and set my makeup. Any more than just one layer will automatically make it look way to dry and cakey. I should also mention that because it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid, it's safe to use around the eyes.

Overall, I would use up this powder until I run out, but I wouldn't recommend this powder to anyone at this performance and at this price point, especially to dry skinned people. Trust me- if you have dry skin, you'd hate it. I will not repurchase.