November 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by anita2336

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

BEWARE!!!
This product will actually damage your lips with continued use! I got this product at the recommendation of a Sephora associate who convinced me that this product will deeply exfoliate away my dry winter lips and renew them. She gave me a generous sample size that she said will last me a few weeks with continued use. The first few times i used the scrub, i was fairly impressed! my lips felt so smooth, crack-free, youthful, plump and my red lipstick never looked so vibrant as they did after the scrub.
So i continued to use the product a few times a week, for no more then 30 seconds each time * the suggested scrubbing time length* However, after almost 2 months of using this product, my lips have never been so dry as they were after this product!! OMG, they constantly cracked, peeled, dried-out and no lip balm seemed to soothe them. Honestly there were days my lips looked like i just emerged from a Saharan Sand Storm!! and i would think that my scrubbing and exfoliating them with the korres scrub, they would miraculously get better. it wasn't only until i completly chucked the scrub into the garbage and used Vaseline on my lips along with La- Roche Posay lip care that they finally started to heal and look normal again
I think that the scrub is just to harsh for my lips and they stripped away essential layers.
If you do want a scrub, just google home recipes and make your own that will be more effective sans that long term damage :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

My lips are almost always dry. Because I like lipstick, rather than tinted lipgloss (and if you wear matte or long-wearing lipsticks, this kind of product is a necessity), I find am ugly film on my lips that's hard to get rid of without picking at my lips. I don't like picking at my skin, so I have trialled a few scrubs. The sugar and olive oil doesn't work for me-possibly the grains of sugar I used were too big. I also tried the Sally Hansen one which was ok, but broke in no time at all. I've used a couple of tubes of the Body Shop one, which is better, but I kept wondering if anything was even better. I found this on sale online for only $10. I had no idea the instruction recommend scrubbing for only 30 seconds-just saw that here, so I went on for over a minute. It feels very smooth to touch, and I was wondering if anything was actually being scrubbed off. Once I felt my lips after washing it off, I was very pleased. Much smoother, and I can't find any dry flakes. This is just the first time I've used it-I don't know if it helps with even colouring of the lips etc-a lot of people don't like the colour of their lips-but that will only come with time. Because it seems relatively gentle, I'll probably have to use it at least 2 or 3 times a week. In the meantime, I can't wait to wear a bright lipstick tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Euniqued

Love this product. I bought this online by itself as I have dry, chapped lips in winter (It's winter in Australia!) and absolutely love it. The packaging is quite luxe and the product actually does what it claims to do - which is remove dead skin cells.
I found when I first used it that I had to rub a little harder before the top layer came off and after that the particles inside the scrub were able to work their magic on my lips - and voila - soft, kissable, crack-less lips :)

Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by jbow

I bought the 3 pack deal from Sephora and love the lipstick and this scrub. I don't have overly dry lips but this product seems to work great for exfoliation. Once or twice a month, I scrub the lips after a shower and put on some Korres guava lip butter afterwards. My lips are noticeably smoother the next morning. Since I only use it a couple of times a month, the product should last for some time. I would buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fritillary

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to agree with everyone else: This is a pretty useless product that is needlessly expensive. It's nice that it comes in a non-messy, lipstick-type tube, and the scent is pleasant, but it does absolutely nothing to exfoliate your lips. The "rice grains" aren't big enough or abrasive enough to get rid of any dead or dry skin whatsoever. Make your own scrub with sugar and oil, or better yet, try LUSH's lip scrubs! They're absolutely divine and taste good too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I got this in the "Love Your Lips" pack and I definitely would not purchase this by itself for the price (way overpriced). I also do not have terribly dry lips or anything, so I wasn't looking for a miracle cure. That being said, I really think this is nice. I usually put it on before bed and it has some very slight grains in it that I rub in. It smells like oil mostly, nothing terrible. The lipstick format is not ideal for a lip scrub but I guess it works for the consistency, which is a soft wax. I don't think I would repurchase by itself but I would not be opposed to getting it with another pack (I guess that's a "maybe"). If you're looking for a cure to dry lips, I would suggest using a home-made scrub and Vaseline before turning to this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by ktbeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry lips that need daily exfoliation and I was hoping this convenient tube product would do the trick. Unfortunately it didn't do much in the way of exfoliation, it tasted like crap, and it smelled horrible! Back to Sephora. I will just use plain coconut oil and sugar next time for much less money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this from Sephora for about $22.00. I have very dry lips and was told this was an amazing exfoliator. Gosh darn, what crap. This comes in a tube form, it looks just like a lipstick. You apply it to the lips and firmly rub lips together for thirty seconds and remove grit with a warm face clothe. This did nothing for my lips what so ever. Plain sugar and olive oil work so much better. Save your money gals. This ones a five lippies down!