September 23, 2014 | 1812 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Tarina Tarantino - pearl glow primer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by FilSJ

I bought this primer because of this one youtube video raving about it, reading up mixed reviews as well. Went ahead and bought a 1oz bottle and the first thing i noticed was the awful RANCID smell!! The consistency is like actual GESSO primer for canvas painting! I could not get past the smell. Sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jordannh

I just found a sample packet of this and started using it... and was so sad to find that it's discontinued. I love it! It makes my bare skin look way better when I don't want to wear makeup, and looks great underneath makeup as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a pearly-white illuminator for the face and less of a primer. I have not noticed that it keeps my foundation on longer or makes it any moother or anything like primers claim to do. What this does for me is it gives me a lit-from-within glow that is just really beautiful. I just wish it was more hydrating. This primer is more liquidy which helps it to spread easily and evenly upon application. The glow lasts all day, and I wear sheer to medium coverage foundations with this, so i have no problems seeing that glow come through. I hightly recommend that this primer be worn with the Lancome Teint Miracle foundation for that perfect-as-a-vampire beauty (and no, i don't mean sparkly). It's really gorgeous with that foundation on me! I may repurchase, but since Sephora is phasing out the Tarina Tarantino line, only if it's not too much trouble to order online.

Update: I actually returned this since it dried out the area under my eyes so bad. I just own better primers. Will not repurchase do the drying issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by JaMK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I liked this primer..but prefer skin perfection primer..this does give a glow type look to skin after its applied and did help makeup stay longer...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a small sample of this from Sephora and was excited being there are no silicones. On first glance it seemed like a great product when I tested it on my hand. Then I applied it to my face before normal makeup. This has a horrible scent. The only way to describe it is spoiled makeup with a very chemical aftersmell. Ick. The product itself did not really smooth on that well and it seemed to not sink in very well. This left a coating that felt a little heavy and while my makeup stuck well it also seemed to seem rather tacky. There was really nothing special to the white coloring of this. I would not purchase being this is nothing special for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by saire70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm sad to read negative reviews about this product, as this is one of the few I can truly call my HG (I am kind of a product wh....junkie). Although I admit I rarely use this as a primer -- but that's because it makes my skin look so nice in its own! (Well, with a little concealer judicicously applied on top...) This is high praise from someone with skin that is a bit blotchy (a little rosacea, etc), dark circles, some aging (I'm 40), and just generally with dull skin I've always be unhappy with.

This looks pearly in your hands, and maybe when you first apply it, but it immediately softens to a lovely, healthy-skin-looking diffused glow. I've gotten so many compliments on my skin since I started using it (about 9 months ago, maybe?).

Now I'm looking forward to mixing it w/my foundation, as another reviewer suggested (Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation -- my other HG!).

I think *both* of these products prove that heavy coverage isn't the answer to healthy-looking skin. Products that can replicate that youthful "lit-from-within" quality...that's what does it for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff definitely gives your skin a glow, which is nice for that well rested look. This might be an awesome product for people who have worry free skin, not me unfortunately. I've been having tons of brekouts in areas where I don't usually have this and I think this primer might be to blame.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by 80sglamrock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this product as soon as it debuted at Sephora & I'm sorry it doesn't seem to work for others but this is my favorite primer out of all of them. This gives a really pretty pearly glow & it lasts all day for me. I use this over Make Up For Ever Face & Body but I don't use the foundation all over, just where it feels like my skin tone is uneven. My skin just seems to look fresh & glow whenever I wear this.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Luv2wearMakeup0102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Didn't cause my skin any problems which is a plus.. But just not good enough to purchase' I received a sample from sephora & I find it to be blah! Laura mercier illuminating timed moisturizer give the real glow... As well as GA light fluid primer.. This is a waste of money and an unnecessary product. I am a huge primer junkie and I'm all about the glow but this is not it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

It's not a terrible primer, but not as mattifying as I desire in a primer or base.
It has a pretty shimmer to it- but this would be better as a highlighter than an actual "all over the face" primer.
It is ever so slightly 'tacky' and holds on well to other products.
It has a soft 'milky' smell I really like!