July 23, 2014 | 1068 users online

Foundations - Acne Cover & Control Cream Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Review is for Veil Cover Cream. My mum received a sample pack freebie so I snagged the 2 palest shades to try myself. I have very dark circles, acne scars and an uneven skintone.
'suede' was a perfect match so I took the plunge and ordered the full size pot. at £23 its not a cheap initial outlay but the pot is 19g, will last me years and years. The cream is very pigmented, non cakey and the coverage is absolutely perfect. Will never ever buy anything else to use as a concealer!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by icedesign1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This review is for Veil Cover Cream by Thomas Blake Cosmetic Creams. I have bad red blotchy skin because I have Rosacea. I have permanent red cheeks and forehead. I also suffer from patches of dry scaley skin. I get the occasional pimple here and there too, but mostly my problem is having a red face. I have tried many different makeups; from Neutrogena and Physcians Formula, and the worst thing ever Bare Minerals. (Dont ever use Bare Minerals if you have sensitive skin, It will make it worse.)
So I was very skeptical about ordering the Veil Cover Cream because there were no reviews about it, except on their website, and one youtube video. I ordered the sample kit first so I could match my color. My order took 1 week to get from the UK to Callifornia. The sample kit had something like 40 shades in the light to medium range, and it was very intertaining to find my perfect match. I did find a perfect match, so I went ahead and ordered the cover cream in "Beige" and the translucent finishing powder. They both arrived exactly 1 week later and came with a free soft blush brush. I applied it my first time yesterday. It looks fantastic with amazing coverage. Feels very light on my skin and does not look cakey at ALL. I think that it did look better before I put on the finishing powder. Before the finishing powder the foundation was virtually invisible but after it gave my skin a dry look. Thats the only way I can think to discribe it. To give it the benefit of the doubt though, I used a kabuki brush to apply the powder and not a puff to press it on as they reccomended. I ordered a puff and will try again once it arrives. Worse comes to worse, I will only use the cream and not the setting powder. I am very impressed with the coverage. I will definitly order this again. The container is pretty big. It will last a long time. One thing I am anxiously awaiting is my Beauty Blender Sponge, since my first and second applications of the Cover Cream was with a cheap drug store sponge. I can only image how much better its going to be with a Beauty Blender. I tend to get really dark during the summer so I will probably have to rematch my skin color this summer and order a darker shade. I am very happy with this product and it has only been two days. Its going to take some getting used too but so far I am in love. It is really nice because you can layer the coverage easily to cover the really bad problem areas and lighter in the good areas. I am so impressed that it doesnt look cakey. I have NEVER been able to wear a full coverage foundation without the cakey look. I will check back here once and a while to update. I pointed out to my mom this morning that I was trying a new makeup and she got her face like 8 inches away from my head and said, "Wow, you cant even really tell that you are wearing makeup." I knows she's my mom and probably bias, but, that was all that I needed to hear. I am so excited that I dont have to be embarrased by my red face when I want to look good. This is truely a blessing in disguise.

Update: 04/04/2012

I am still very pleased with this product. However, I have quit using a makeup sponge and went back to my Sigma Flat top Stipple brush. I found that if I put a tiny amount, I mean dime size of Cover Cream on the back of my hand and stipple it on then blend, I get flawless coverage. I also do really like the powder now and I am putting it on with a puff, then brushing off the excess with a soft brush it is working fabulously. The one thing I can say about this product is, I have not had any success with using a primer under it. Ive tried Smash Box Photo, HD, and also a Philosophy one. All of them made my makeup cakey by the end of the day. I have not even put moisturizer on under it with success. It says on the instructions specifically to put on to clean skin, and it seems that they mean it. I have been just applying my moisturizer at night before bed. Another thing Id like to mention is that my neice commented about my makeup looking nice the other day. She said my skin looked so nice....floored. Then she asked what kind of foundation I use because she has spent a fortune at Sephora trying to cover up her red face...I am sold. If you have any questions about it feel free to message me and I will answer as soon as I can

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by susu42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Kiss Colors they have thier makeup line is most beauty supply stores and i bought this shade as i have dark spots left behind by my hormonal acne and i have to tell you ladies that this works and yet it it manages to still look natural, me personally i dont need a seperate concealer as you can spot treat with it if you choose to do so or do all over application and it has Salicycic Acid of 0.5% so you are getting some medication here in the formula and i really do like i paid $7.99 for it and its a nice lightweight compact and its packaged very nicely.in Mac im NW45 and in this shade i wear ACFO5 Nuetral Cool 20