September 18, 2014 | 1788 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Rejuvenating Cherry Blossom Ginseng Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is hands down my favorite drugstore shampoo, and it has been in my product rotation for a couple of years now.

It smells great, does not contain harsh sulfates (but lathers really well), does not contain heavy oils that can weigh down my hair, and is always on sale somewhere (BOGO anyone??).

I have thick, wavy/curly hair, so moisture retention is a must. I alternate this with Nature's Gate Jojoba Shampoo (or whatever other jojoba-based SLS-free shampoo I can get my hands on).

I don't use the Cherry Blossom Conditioner, as I never "pair" shampoos and conditioners.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Pretty awful product. I was so disappointed when returning this shampoo because it smelled wonderful, claimed to provide volume without harsh stripping, and I've had good experiences with Organix products before. This product completely dehydrated my hair and didn't even add any volume. Volumizing shampoos tend to dry hair a little due to the alcohols in the ingredients that add volume, but I have never experienced a volume shampoo as drying as this one. Probably the reason I didn't see any volume was because my hair was so damaged and stripped of all moisture by this shampoo it couldn't be manageable. I even double-conditioned my hair (with my usual conditioner, not the one from this line), which I never have to do since my hair is pretty short, and it still was a wiry bundle of straw. For reference, I have naturally wavy, fine-textured, dry hair that is colored and heat styled.
I have read on some other reviews that this shampoo can be drying and instruct to use it every other time you wash, but I would recommend this shampoo for people with oily hair that does not get dried out or dehydrated easily because I only wash my hair 3-4 times per week due to its natural dryness, and this shampoo only exacerbated my hair's natural lack of moisture. I tend to find that I am either impressed with Organix products and repurchase them at least once, or I absolutely despise them and return them ASAP. I love the argan oil hair mist, the coconut oil spray, and the Brazilian keratin hair mist by Organix. (I know this is not related to this specific product review, but just thought I would share which Organix products I like.) Hopefully this review was helpful, and I hope others using this will have better luck than I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by donnacranford

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you're suffering from thin hair or androgenetic alopecia, this shampoo is a Godsend. Seriously! I have been battling thinning, lifeless, dull, stringy, crappy hair for 5 years due to menopause and androgenetic alopecia. I've lost 50 percent of the hair I was once blessed with. I have spent a fortune on every product out there that claims to help with such. This is the *ONLY* shampoo I've found that improves the thickness (volume) and texture of my hair. I buy it by the case on Amazon for fear that the company will some day discontinue it or change the formula like so many companies do. Organix, if you're reading, please, PLEASE don't ever do away with this product or change anything about it.

I will say that I'm not a big fan of the conditioner, it leaves my hair too tangled and frizzy. I use Pantene Volume Conditioner. I use it sparingly and it detangles my hair and takes care of most of the frizz without weighing it down.

Another thing that has drastically helped my pathetic aging hair is that I quit having my hair professionally colored. Even the top salons were damaging my hair (probably due to the fact that I couldn't get it through their heads that thin, aging hair processes WAY faster than normal hair). I now color my own hair with Sally's AGEbeautiful line (I know, some of you are cringing right now), and I only process it for half the time. Even you young girls with thinning hair would benefit from using AGEbeautiful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by EWest

So I will edit this review as I experience the product!
Buying the product it is a cute bottle and WONDERFUL smell!

Washing for the first time: I just washed my hair with it and my hair smells and looks wonderful, not tangling at all and seems soft and manageable! So far 5 stars! I hope it keeps my hair clean and non-oily for the next 24 hours!

24hrs After Washed: Still soft and manageable! No tangles throughout the day and my hair did not get super greasy by the end of the day like some shampoos do with my hair. Also I kept breaking out on my forehead from my last shampoo and so far no new acne with this shampoo! So still 5 stars! See you in 1 week!

1 Week Washing: Still my same rating! Doesn't make my hair oily, or a tangled mess. So far love it and how it smells! Would recommend for anyone who has oily straighter hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by cocopuffx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i quite like this shampoo, on the first wash it did strip my hair a bit, but after conditioner, my hair was soft, shiny and even a little more voluminous after air-drying. this is more of a clarifying shampoo, it's not meant for daily use or you'll end up with hair like hay. but using this once a week is great for your hair. it clears up all the oil and buildup,and gives your hair a little volume. it smells great too.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by carolinelovesbunnies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a terribly harsh shampoo. I wanted to like it as I prefer to use more natural products when possible, but no, this was a failure. It is super drying, to my hair, scalp and skin. It left my scalp super irritated and with a dry skin issue. I don't typically have a manageability problem with my hair, but this caused a dry and frizzy mess. I have a lot of long fine straight hair, not dry nor oily (I wash every 2-3 days), for what it's worth. I don't find this shampoo even cleanses well. The texture of the shampoo is a thick gummy gel, which was rather unpleasant. The scent was kind of fake smoke-ish, too strong and unpleasant as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kayladidee

This product has now become my regular shampoo. It does not foam as much as other shampoos due to the decreased sulphates, but even using the tiniest amount my hair still feels cleaner. It is gentle and never gives me the 'stripped' feeling that dries and distresses my hair, which is fantastic. I use it in conjunction with the Cherry Blosssom and Ginseng conditioner and would happily recommend this shampoo to anyone who is seeking a different product. Bonus: It also smells wonderful!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to love this but, meh. Smells good, but I seem to always have a bad hair day when I use this. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

aaaah my love, amazing shampoo, love love love this shampoo,
i used this sometimes on its own or sometimes do a combo with some random shampoo that i wanna clear up so badly, however i found it difficult to get it here is singapore=(( which is sad

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by kristen0889

No...just no. This shampoo is horrible for my hair. I bought it because I'm on a hunt for a good sulfate free shampoo. L'Oreal's EverPure shampoo caused a lot of hair fallout, so I tried this one. After I rinsed the shampoo out I couldn't believe what a poof of tangles my hair was. I hoped that the matching conditioner would detangle my hair. I had to apply it to my root area, which is a big no-no for fine hair like mine, but my hair was such a tangled mess I needed conditioner from root to tip. I wasn't happy about that, and thought about what a limp mop my hair would be. Even worse, when I rinsed the conditioner out after leaving it on for a few minutes, my hair was still tangly and felt like straw. So I applied my trusty Nioxin conditioner which completely detangled it, but I had to apply it to the roots again. For some reason, I still had hope for the shampoo, thinking if I gave my hair enough time to adjust to it, it would begin to work better. For two weeks I continued the process of shampooing, applying the conditioner root to tip after my hair continued to get extremely tangled from the shampoo, then using my nioxin conditioner after the organix one didn't help. After no improvements in two weeks I don't know/care if it'll ever work. I'll hold on to the conditioner cause it might work with a better shampoo. As far as my hair turned out afterward when I let it air dry, it actually wasn't bad. It looked really shiny and silky, but with all the conditioner I have to use it's just not worth it. After my bad experiences with sulfate free shampoos I might just go back to normal shampoo. Gave this product two lipped because it smells amazing, and since its sulfate free it would be a good alternative to normal shampoos if it works for someone else.