September 30, 2014 | 1112 users online

Polishes - OPI - Jade is the New Black

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I always find greens for nail enamels a strange choice, but this pulls enough blue and a true 'jade' tone that it's a very pretty green, and rather attractive on my super pale yellowy undertoned hands. Looks super chic when paired with ruby or emerald jewellery. Also looks great with my jade pieces and anything with sapphires. A great jewel toned green, the only green I will wear. I originally purchased the dupe of this from the Revlon top speed line but couldn't bear the terrible wear time so resorted to purchasing it in the OPI formula and am so glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Maybe I got a good bottle, but I'm obsessed with this polish. The polish went on flawlessly, it was not at all goopy for me, and was opaque in one coat but I put two on for good measures. It was not at all streaky, and the brush aided that perfectly.I am a pink toned lady (NW20), and I think this color is very flattering on my skin tone. It does not look as bright on me as the picture for the review shows. Either way it is easily one of my favorite green polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm wearing this tomorrow for St. Patrick's Day, but I guess I have to agree with some of the reviewers that I don't think it's very attractive on cool toned, pale, pink skin. I can see it looking lovely on someone with a yellow based skin tone.

I found the formula very goopy and uneven in application, and I had to sandwich it between layers of Gelous to get it to look decent.

Well, this one will probably be used for pedicures in the future. On the fingers it's a real miss for me, and I think it looks almost ridiculous. Wearing it to work tomorrow because I don't have time to start over. Well, I'll have to consume a lot of green beer to get used to this one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Over the holiday period, I discovered that I had very few good quality greens in my stash. I had a few cheap, off-brands, but the only good quality greens I had were dark, so I decided I need to expand my polish wardrobe with some nice, high-quality, medium to light greens. I ordered this after reading many, many reviews and seeing many, many swatches. And, I'm sad to say, it's not very flattering on my pale, cool-toned skin, which kind of surprises me.

This is a medium, cool-toned green. It does, indeed, remind me of jade, though as jade comes in all kinds of shades of green and even purple, that's not saying much. I guess I should say, "I've seen jade this colour". I do wear greens (though not often), but this polish, unfortunately, manages to bring out all the red in my fingers (lobster hands!) while simultaneously bringing out any and all yellow undertones in my skin. My hands look both reddened and sallow at the same time. :(

This might work okay on my toes, and I can probably make it work under a glitter or as part of some sort of nail art design, something where this is not the main colour, but I don't think I'll ever be able to wear this as a straight manicure. That makes me sad, because the colour is really pretty, and the formula is nice, goes on smoothly, self-levels beautifully, and is absolutely opaque in two coats.

It's not the fault of the polish that it doesn't look great on me, but as this is a personal review of my use of the polish, I can't give it more than three lippies, and that's all for the nice formula and beautiful colour. I wish this looked better on me, and that I could give it more lippies, but if you're pale and cool-toned like I am, I feel honour bound to warn you: this probably won't work any better for you than it does for me, sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so this color is a very pretty sea foam green shade, and it looks great on the nails.
You're gonna have to do two coats to get a solid color, and it does take awhile to dry but other than that this is a great polish and the color is beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price was decent and the color looked good in the bottle, but I was disappointed by the result. The polish was thick and globby when it went on and when it dried it looked as if I'd put on wite-out and colored it green. Not very flattering and it's a shame because I liked the color in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by jmcoley

I am so in love with this nail polish.

First off, it's a beautiful forest green creme and its color is unique to my collection. Although it's a green polish, it's more sophisticated than most because of its dark hue and creme finish. I may be in the minority, but I would wear this polish to work. Also, it works well in all seasons. It's perfect for winter and the holiday season because of it's deep green color, but it also works well in spring and summer for this same reason (everything is turning green!). I also love it in the fall, when the deeper and richer color palettes are coming out.

Second, the formula is perfect. It applies like a dream with no streaks, goopiness, or dragging. It also lasts on my nails for 3-5 days with only minimal tip wear, which is unheard of for me.

This may be my absolute favorite nail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jadeymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jade is the new black is the most gorgeous green nail polish I have ever tried! It is a perfect green creme, completely opaque in one coat if you are careful, or 2 if you are more like me and not so good with applying :) with a base and top coat this polish lasts me about a week... I love all the polishes that i own from the hong kong collection, but this one is my favourite :) not to mention the name is awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by adussa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Jade is my favourite color and I was extremely happy to find this nail polish. It's the perfect color for me and I receive a lot of compliments whenever I use it, from both women and men. And it's an OPI..so no complains about the quality of the product...it last for almost a week on my nails, it dries very, very fast..not to mention that I have purchased it one year ago and I can still use it without problems. It's my favourite nail polish ever and I will rebuy it

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. This is a rich forest green color. However I feel that the color is not so unique &/or the formula so great to warrant spending the $ (i.e. sinful has a dupe with a better formula). At times the polish was hard to apply so application is key. The formula was too thin it took 2-3 coats to get an even color. But worse was sometimes the formula did not self level. Hopefully Nailtique polish thinner can fix these issues. The only reason I still have this is because I was too lazy to make a trip solely to return this polish. Not my favorite.