December 19, 2014 | 1563 users online

Dry Shampoo - Blow - Faux Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by janetwm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seldom write reviews but I decided to write this one due to the fact that it really is a cut above any other dry shampoo I have ever tried. I have been ill for several years now and needless to say, washing my hair every day, or even two to three days is not possible. Along with my lowered immune system, I found that ingredients in other products, including fragrance made me feel worse, what with inhaling the product upon application and of course having the product on my head. I was thrilled that this product not only worked just as all the below reviews have affirmed, so I will not get redundant. My hair looks better and that makes me feel better. So for whatever reason you many need a dry shampoo, I would highly recommend this one. My search has come to an end for a quality dry shampoo that meets all my needs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Dance41886

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great "faux" dry shampoo/hair powder! I have realized that I prefer powder type dry shampoos because I feel that they are easier to blend into the hair and give better volume. This is a great product, it absorbs oil, gives a little lift/boost to the root and is very easy to blend/comb out of the hair. It also helps achieve great volume when the hair is teased. Plus you need so little that you really get a good bang for your buck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MisstinaaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is seriously the best dry shampoo I have ever tried along with Klorane dry shampoo! They are the only two that work for me! Everything else absolutely does not work or makes my hair greasier! I HATE the price because it's 20 bucks at Ulta but I have no choice but to pay it! That's how much it's worth buying.....This makes my hair look newly washed and takes away all the grease! It also gives me hair pretty volume and brings out my natural waves! When it comes to dry shampoos, powders are the way to go.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by themarshmalo

Hallelujah! I've tried multiple dry shampoos, including Big Sexy Hair, both the spray and powder version of Oscar Blandi, and Osis Dust It. I have thick, one-length hair those goes about halfway down my back, and I've always been a daily hair washer because I have oily roots. Nothing has worked for me. Sprays looks okay for 10 minutes and then my hair looks bad, and the powders I've tried don't seem to take care of the oil. I didn't have much hope for Faux Dry, but it really works! I mainly concentrated on the front part of my hair, since that gets the oiliness, and it really looked okay all day. As good as a shampoo? Well, no, but definitely not dirty! I stretched it to 2 days, which is really pushing it for me (literally, I can FEEL the oil sitting on my scalp. Yuck.) and I probably won't do that again, but it still didn't look terrible. Overall I'm really excited to have found something for me! I had just about given up on all dry shampoos!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I found this after my Klorane dry shampoo kept crapping out on me (manufacturing defect with the aerosol bottle maybe?). It was a folica.com top 10 so I bought it during a top 10 sale and what do you know, it's now my HG dry shampoo. I think I'm done with aerosol dry shampoos forever. This little bottle is ingenious. Unlike the Oscar Blandi Pronto dry shampoo that I had to squeeze onto my roots with a squeeze bottle, I squeeze the BlowPro dry shampoo bottle and the dry shampoo shoots out in a fine mist through a nozzle. I love that it doesn't have an fragrance or added ingredients that make my hair sticky. I just flip my hair over and brush the dry shampoo through my roots. It's amazing! I can now get by with shampooing my hair about twice a week. I rinse the sweat and styling products out of my hair if it gets too dirty, but I find that not shampooing so often is making my hair easier to style (dirty hair has more texture) but my hair is also a lot healthier. The little bottle lasts for a long time, and certainly a lot longer than those darn aerosol bottles, which is mostly compressed air.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:01:00 AM More reviews by vgarcia2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So let me just say, I have tried them all! I love, love, love this product! I was skeptical at first due to the fact that it is not in an aersol can. This comes in a plastic bottle and it was a small hope on the tip of it. You shake the bottle and it gently "poofs" of the white powder. At that point you "poof" it on to the greasy hair. After, you comb it thru and viola! Clean, soft hair! Unlike other dry shampoo's, this one actually leaves your hair feeling soft and clean. I can run my fingers thru it! I only wish it came in colors. Until then, I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by styx1231

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've tried a bunch of different dry shampoo's, and this is the best one. I decided to give it a try because it got the highest reviews on another web site and I wasn't disappointed. I have dark hair which has been a problem in the past because some powders don't absorb well in my hair. This is not a problem with this product.

The bottle size is small, but I feel like it will last a really long time for the cost. I'm a big fan!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by hunnybunnyipm

Read about this on the Glamour blog and decided to give it a try - I've been using the Oscar Blandi powder, and while I like it better than aerosol dry shampoos the delivery system leaves much to be desired.

Enter Blow, and it is GREAT! It lets out little mists and puffs that are really light and don't leave powder on my scalp or dump too much product at once. Far more effective than aerosols, great product, can't recommend enough.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Here's something odd: the pretty blue lettering on this bottle says: "Never tested on animals. Free of sulfates, parabens and artificial fillers" but a millimeter away the ingredient label lists methyl AND propyl parabens! Before stumbling across that glaring deception, I liked this. Not as much as half a dozen other dry shampoos (especially Frederic Fekkai's Au Natural) but it left my day-old hair looking and feeling clean. Blow will be receiving a call from me, and I will never purchase anything else from such a blatantly dishonest company.