December 21, 2014 | 1838 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by erincollard

Always works (though I put it on for 30 minutes, not 10), and it keeps forever.

I've been lazy and haven't bleached the fuzz on my jaw for years. I pulled out my Jolen cream and applied and viola, worked like it was brand new from the store. You get a lot for your money and the jar lasts a long time. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 7:47:00 PM More reviews by doubleglowwseven

I was looking to buy the Sally Hansen kit but came across this one. I wanted it to lighten my eyebrows a teeny bit. It worked wonderfully!! I'm mad at myself for not trying it before. I have dark brown hair but my sparse eyebrow hairs are black. Against my light skin I find them too harsh. Especially since I do have to fill them in. Even if I used a lighter brow pencil or powder my brows still ended up looking too dark. So I basically just wanted to lighten them a shade or two. I put it on the first or thickest part of my brows for the first few minutes. I didn't really watch the time I just kept scraping off a bit to see where it was at every 30 seconds. Then reapplying. When it got to be close (I was so afraid of turning them orange) I added some bleach to the tail of my brows. I think I only had it on there for a total of 5 minutes tops. It didn't tingle or burn like I was bracing myself for. I got my brows about 2 1/2 shades lighter (which still looked fine) and now when I fill them in, they look perfect! I love this stuff! The little mixing tray is useless though, I used a little bowl.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by ddr4h

I'm asian with really dark black hair and my strands are really straight but coarse. I usually have colored hair, and I find I like to lighten up my black brows a bit to a medium brown which make my brows appear softer. I've tried the sally hansen cream bleach for face as well on my brows, which actually doesn't work for me aside from the extra strength version, probably because each individual strand of hair is so thick. The sally hansen extra strength one also works but I think the proportions for the powder and cream they give you to mix together is off. This one is cheaper at the drugstore, they actually give you more product, and the containers are much better in quality. Both these cream bleaches for some reason only can lighten some strands while others stay black, but this works very well on my brows. 10 min later they are a medium brown, and none are completely blonde which is great, because sometimes the sally hansen one does that and it looks strange on me. I think it's just slightly less potent than the extra strenght sally hansen so its easier to monitor how light you want your brows to go. Overall really great, easy application, and quick results. Will be my go-to cream bleach from now on!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2014 5:39:00 PM More reviews by judekha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Terrible.
I have used quite a few cream bleaches and this one if by far the biggest disappointment. For such hype and a pretty high price, I was expecting full hair coverage on a few darker hairs on my chin and neck. That did not happen. The bleach only dyed half of the hair leaving the rest from the root up, not dyed. The result also lasted a few days making the hair appear as though it had not been bleached!
Very disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I put that I would buy again but I prob wont need to. I bought this because I lightened my hair (to dye another color, I look horrific as a blonde...yellow..mess) Anyway, my dark brows and bad skin were making me look too weird as I wait in between processes (rather keep the hair healthy!!). So I looked up some info, pictures and reviews and decided to give this a try. For brows, you really don't need a lot. I've heard people complain about the size of the Sally bleach, and this is the same size but cheaper. If you are doing small areas it will last a few times. I also went for this because I REALLY did not want blonde brows, just a shade or so lighter, brownish, just to soften my face. Also, when I do dye my hair (red) I can pencil in color more easily. But I still wanted it to look natural, and work without makeup. So I mixed a small amount, the tray actually works for mixing because this is much thicker than hair bleach. I found the spatula to be super convenient for application and removal too. I watched it like a hawk because I didn't want too light brows. I had it on for maybe 3-4 minutes and took it off with the spatula, washed with cleanser etc. Instead of being brown or blonde, it's more like blonde is peppered in though the brow, since the thin hair bleaches faster. Unfortunately, one side is lighter on the end than the other/rest of them, but you really can't tell unless you are RIGHT up close, which is something that would bother me but it's really not that bad. From a foot or two away they are still dark (thankfully!!!) but softer. I like how that worked without making them totally blonde. They also still have their shape, despite the blonde edges/finer hair blending in with my face more. (I would NOT want to risk compromising my brow shape, I work too hard on it!) The only thing I would do differently next time is put it on the first thick inner half of the brow first, and then the last few minutes on the tail end, since its finer. I would do this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use the Mild Formula With Aloe, so while it may take a bit longer I never get tingles or burns. I only use this on my arms, although my mom used it on her eyebrows and it actually worked really nicely...however I wouldn't advise that at all. On the arms, though, it's great and natural-looking. It blends in pretty well with the brown hair that grows in until you've got a chance to bleach again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by fashionfreak678

Being South Asian, I unfortunately have to deal with a lot of very dark unwanted hair. I've been using this product for over 5 years now and haven't come across anything else that's better yet. It's affordable and not hard to use overall.

I use this on my upper lip and a small patch on my neck about every 2 weeks (the hair starts darkening again at that point). I leave it on for about 20 minutes. My skin is very sensitive and I have eczema as well. So every time I apply this, there's a burning sensation on my upper lip (not my neck) and I have to fan my face to lessen the discomfort. But I'm used to it now. When it comes to beauty, no pain no gain right? ;)
Sometimes the product will start falling off the areas where it's applied, that gets pretty annoying too. I think this usually happens whenever I mix too much accelerator into the cream. Getting the right amounts of each is pretty difficult since I eyeball the measurements.

After 20 minutes I use a tissue to wipe as much of the mixture off as possible, then I rinse the areas the product was applied to with soap rather than cleanser to reduce additional irritation (I use Dove's Cool Moisture Beauty Bar) and cold water. My skin (both the area applied AND the surrounding area) is flaming red at this point. I gently dry my face with a towel and immediately apply a generous amount of facial moisturizer. Within about 15 minutes my skin has calmed down and the redness has disappeared.

It all sounds painful but what you will end up experiencing depends on your own skin. I'd rather deal with this cream than get my upper lip threaded lol. I've applied Jolen a countless number of times over the years so I'm used to the whole process I have to go through now. The results are worth it- the hair looks pretty invisible afterward!

Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is hg for me. Being Russian I have some pale skin but also being Armenian I have some dark hair on my upper lip haha. I've been using this ever since I can remember. Like pre high school, when my mom and sister told me about it. I wouldn't use it on exfoliated skin or skin that's "too clean" as it will burn or tingle. It's tolerable though, and worth it. No one even knows I have a mustache at all. My sister and mother now prefer to tweeze! (Crazy) theirs lol which seems rather painful to me. But they are both hairier than I am. My sisters one complaint is that she doesn't like having a glorious golden mustache when the sun hits her face. My answer to that is, leave it on longer! It looks weird in the golden stage and then it pretty much turns translucent. I tried one other brand of facial hair bleach and it was harder to use and grainier and took longer, so I'm sticking with this for life.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why torture yourself with waxing or threading the upper lip? That hair for most of us is soft, thin, short, and not noticeable except for the color so just bleach it! Now Sally Hansen's bleaching kit is my HG but I couldn't find it and bought this brand instead. The only difference is that the Jolen brand did not stay on my face as well during the treatment, which was frustrating. I would lay still on my back and some would still slide off. Otherwise, the bleaching was effective, painless, easy to use, affordable, and I would repurchase it if I could not find the Sally Hansen brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ara1672

So I dyed my hair 5 shades lighter than my regular hair... and I used to have thick, uncontrollable black asian hair.
Hence, when I left the salon a light brunette, it didn't take me long to realize that my eyebrows weren't matching my new hair.
Everyone loved my hair, but told me that I needed to fix my eyebrows.
Doing some research, I decided bleaching my eyebrows would be the most cost efficient way.
Jolen definitley worked for me- even my notoriously hard-to-dye asian black eyebrows. I did have to leave it in a little longer (15 mins. or so?) but only because my eyebrows took a little longer for it to get the dye and I needed to bleach it 5 shades lighter.
So if this worked for me, I'm sure it'll work for you. Fantastic!