Maybelline EyeStudio Color Plush quad in Green with Envy

4.1

on 5/6/2015 9:03:00 AM

This is my favorite quad in Maybelline ' s Eyestudio Color Plush line. The colors are unique and the pigmentation is pretty strong when used with a good eyeshadow primer. I normally avoid drugstore eyeshadows because I've been burned too many times....however when I saw these I couldn't pass them up.

I like how the shadows are silky and not chalky. It makes for easy application and blending. The only complaint I have is that these shadows tend to blend TOO well sometimes. If you overwork them you will basically blend them right off. Not the most buildable shadows but definitely the best drugstore shadows I've found so far.

Even with a primer, these colors do tend to fade a lot throughout the day. I found this to be true for all the Maybelline shadows in this line. However, for the price, these are definitely worth the money.

on 12/8/2013 7:38:00 PM

I use the creamy and black color everyday, it's perfect. I found applying with just my finger works better than using a brush.

on 10/25/2012 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

im sorry for those who find this not so pigmented because its pigmeneted enough for me. i use nyx milk and the colour just pops out. overall i love this :) good quality for a budget

on 12/10/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

While the colors are nice in the pan, they aren't very pigmented when applied. Even when I pack it on, I still can't see it very well. There is also a lot of fallout, which cannot be easily cleaned with either makeup remover or a brush, and which leaves a shimmer under my eyes that is not very flattering. I will not repurchase this product.

on 12/10/2011 8:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I really love this quad. I'm a sucker for shimmer, and I use the champagne-y color as a highlight and the darker brown color on my lid. The two greens work great as a pop of color underneath the eye, and they are soooooo pretty!!! I would repurchase if I ever happen to run out of this one now :)

on 10/27/2011 1:06:00 AM

Ugh this stuff gave me a horrible time. I hate when i get suckered in by cute packaging and nice colors. I picked this up at Target for about 8.50 and as soon as i got home a swatched it. Beautiful colors in the pan and in a swatch but for some reason it wouldnt translate onto my eyelids. When you try to blend them, they get all muddy, and the fact that they are all relatively unpigmented and light makes it worse. They have an amazing texture, almost like shiseido's luminizing eye color, but the pigmentation on the green and brownish shades sucks unless you really pack it on, even with a primer. I was able to get some life out of them by layering them over my Loreal rich cream color stick but they looked so flaky over it. By themselves they just didn't work. Mind you, i bought these when i started out with makeup,and now i have some experience and even then i can't get them to work. I hate to bring the rating down but Maybelline can surely do better, being that Lancome and loreal are parent companies. I was not impressed.

on 5/21/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this quad. The bright green looks gorgeous as an undereye liner on the inside corner and the dark green is almost charcoal and is a great liner for the rest of the undereye. It stays put extremely well for the day. The champagne is also lovely. The bright green looks so good under the eye but as a shadow it somehow isn't as bright which for many would be a plus. This is now my go-to quad for undereye and highlight and I pair it with Loreal golden olive on the lid. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

love this quad however i could do with a little
less glitter. easy fix tho all u hv to do is tap your brush to get the excess glitter out although it could get annoying when youre applying makeup on at ur desk at work. its a little expensive at cvs but if u can get it from target its bout 3 bucks less. all in all i would rebuy i also hv give me gold n i plan to add sunset seduction to my collection soon.

on 3/14/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this quad of eyeshadows and i truly do love it. Howver, i did notice the shadows fade within three hours, which is a turn off. I have use different eyeshadow primers, and paint pots but it always seems to fade.

on 1/7/2011 4:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very versatile..u can go from a day 2 nite look with thiz palette..The colorz are very shimmery & well pigmented.. They blend beautifully N compliment eachother well..i like 2 wet the sponge tip applicator for a more intense look.i love it!!! i plan 2 buy more quadz.=-)