September 1, 2014 | 1202 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jurlique - Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this exfoliator from Sephora and intended to switch off between a physical exfoliator versus this chemical one. I'm super disappointed because as far as I can tell this doesn't really do anything no matter how long I leave it on. The instructions suggest up to five minutes but I've left it on for as long as 15 and used it several times a week with no noticeable results. Maybe it's supposed to be gentle or for sensitive skin or maybe I'm expecting too much, but it was pretty pricey and I expected to at least feel a tingle or something. It stinks to high heaven and the product dries up in the pump so when you pump it after a week a brown clot comes out first.

I'm giving it two lippes because it at least didn't make me break out. Five on the packaging because it looks pretty (and expensive) sitting on my vanity. I've used almost a whole bottle and would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by chrisreid8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tend to have dry/dehyrated/sensitive skin. I've used the Aveeno daylight scrub as a previous exfoliator, and as gentle as it is, it still is too harsh on my skin. This Jurlique exfoliator is my first attempt at a chemical exfoliator. I have to say it has been much easier on my skin, with my skin looking much better afterwards. I would say it still creates a bit of redness, but it leaves my skin looking much smoother, with smaller poors, and looking less dull. But if I moisturize, in an hour, by the time I get to work, my skin is glowing. Even the girls at work are complimenting me/jealous about my skin now lol
The downside is that it is expensive. I would like to try the Juice Beauty Peel if I can find it in Australia, so I have a comparison of chemical exfoliators.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:20:00 AM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this exfoliator. I have somewhat sensitive skin that I don't like to burden with chemicals (can cause random eczema outbreaks for me). My skin also tends to be dry so I can't use scrubs. I put this on and my skin tingles & feels cool. I let it dry for 5-10 mins & wash it off with warm water & a microfiber cloth. It leaves my skin smooth & glowing albeit dry/tight feeling. You need to moisturise afterwards or use the herbal recovery gel. I use this only once a week max.

This product was everything it said it was for me & I will definitely repurchase. Watch the expiry date on these particularly if purchasing online. It can take a while to use a large bottle & it's not as effective if it's old.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Zapqueen

I got this as a free sample. I've been experiencing whiteheads and breakouts in my T-zone. My skin is dry to normal and sensitive; this winter, it seems extra dry. I tried it three times and it seems to work well. It is not very strong but be sure to apply a moisturizer after using if you are in a low humidity environment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and used only couple of times.. but I did not see any changes. You are supposed to apply on clean skin, leave on for 5 minutes and rinse off. Its yellow see through color and thingles a little (tastes sour). However, when I wash it off, there is no any difference at all. I heard its really expensive, so I am not going to purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rnancy

This product looks nice, smells odd, and doesn't seem to DO much. It wasn't BAD, but I am not sure what kind of results I was supposed to expect. I didn't really notice any ... WOW~.. just "hmm".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 8:45:00 AM More reviews by devilzwind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This exfoliator is so mild that I didn't see any noticeable difference with my skin. I'm not a fan of harsh exfoliators so I was interested in trying this, but it is really too mild. I highly recommend Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant instead. As mentioned previously, probably only for people with very sensitive skin (but even the Dermalogica is not harsh at all). Quite pricey as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by stinal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all, I think the smell is awful.
I don't see any noticeable results, but my skin feels great. I don't know why, but I like the product anyway, and I think I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by rbjdavey

I read rave reviews about this product so was really excited to use it.
The packaging is lovely, it smells nice and is very light but it hasn't done anything to my skin.
I have been using it 3 times a week and was told by the sales lady to leave it on for 10 minutes instead of the 5 stipulated on the bottle. I haven't experience any stinging or tingling with that amount of time but I also haven't experienced the wonderful things that were meant to happen to my skin.
I am currently using an AHA based cleanser and it works better.
Perhaps it would be better suited to more sensitive skin or to someone who has never used an exfoliator before.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I sampled this today.I don't believe that this product is all that wonderful. The texture is lovely and my skin felt good but nothing amazing.