Orly It's Up To Blue

3.7

on 12/27/2011 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Orly released 48 shades in the Mani Mini range for those that want to carry polishes on them, or like me, are new to Orly and want to try out their shades for a cheaper price.
This shade is called It's up to blue and it is quite pretty to stare at in the tiny bottle and on your nails. It is a rather whimsical mixture of pearlescent blue and green which changes colour in various lighting. The above picture was taken in artificial light and comes up a perfect jewel coloured blue. Whereas in darker light, the green is more prevalent.
The application can be a little streaky so numerous coats (I did 2) are necessary. Pending on your topcoat, the colour lasts quite well (picture was taken on day 3 of application) with only minimal tip wear.
Definitely a good colour to get if you're adventurous with your shades and like to shy away from the standard reds and pinks sometimes. Under It's up to blue I have my favorite nail hardener Herôme extra strong and on top I have Orly Top 2 Bottom.

on 6/26/2010 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I completely love this color. It's metal medium-light blue, but under certain light conditions it looks turqoise, teal, greenish... It is very bright, but as the other comment says, the first coat is very sheer. It dryes very fast, so that is not a big deal.

I have used this color twice. The first I had to apply 3 coats to get oppacity, but the second time, I just applied 2 HEAVY coats and got decent opacity. It took a little more to dry... but not SO much.

The wear is very decent, The first time I had to take it off at the third day because I used other color in some fingers, and that started to chip horribly (see ChG Turned Up Turquoise Review), but the fingers with Orly didn't show tear and wear by that time. I estimate it can last maybe 6 days... but I will update this part, once I find out.

on 2/14/2010 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I gave It's Up to Blue three stars all around. It's a beautiful color, nice bright metallic blue that leans close to teal. I've never had coverage issues with Orly in the past so i was pretty surprised that this one sucked. Maybe it's meant to be a sheer color. I love opaque bold color and it took me three, yes three coats to get that. First coat was sheer and light, the second coat helped a lot, but was still uneven in spots.

Popular Polishes