August 21, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by sage4dylan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

i agree with the others on this one. its to greasy and never dries. looks ok but not great. the idea is good but overall i wont repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:37:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS-
The colors are really gorgeous in the tube.
The colors also compliment themselves nicely.
It's cheap.

CONS-
It is just a greasy mess.
It does not look good upon application. You can't build it up or work with it at all.
It doesn't stay on for an hour or two.
It makes your eyelids feel greasy and gross.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Molls32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was an interesting idea, but overall was not a good product.
I purchased the grey/purple one and ran into a few problems.
The colors fell a tad short for my taste.
Also it didn't stay on the eyes properly for very long, got very smudgey.
Mine unfortunately also broke very quickly, only after a few uses the crayon type bits just completely snapped off. So I did end up throwing it out.

I would reconsider this product if all the above issues were fixed. For now though, I would not buy again nor recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Spicedrum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh how many ways can I say I hate this stuff I tried to like it but I just couldn't I seen this stuff at walmart on sale for two bucks and my being cheap(that day) behind was like yay forgetting that I don't really care for any of cover girl products but I went on purchased the green/bronze combo I got home and because I was wearing a green and brown outfit that night i was all in I put this on and hit the town by 9pm this stuff had creased and was a greasy mess never ever again and I was wearing a primer and I was so excited the colors was so pretty I thought I found something by cover girl that I would like wrong wrong wrong wrong now my little girl plays with it and it been years so it safe to say she doesn't like much either lol

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

I got the purple combination a while back, used it once and stashed it in my drawer. It goes on pretty nicely, but creases within minutes - and its blendability is awful. Somewhere in between a powder shadow (which is easy to blend with a brush) and a cream shadow (which is easy to blend with fingers), this is an impractical product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

It's a greasy, frosty, creasy, mess! CG what were you smoking when you came up with this?
I got the bronze duo and returned it the next day. If you some day see this for a dollar don't waste your buck.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Neivahismyname

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product..... oooh this product. It's a big no no. I got this in the bronze color and i must say the colors are gorgeous! The one side is a sandy light shimmery color and the darker side is a cute copper. I'm a sucker for the nude like colors. I put this on right after i got it, came back to the mirror literally 10 mins later and BAM huge crease. The formula is creamy and nice but really? how can it crease that quickly? And it was a littler pricier. I would not reccommend this to anyone at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by katie0804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I don't think this stuff is that bad. The color is nice, and it lasts for a while. I have had issues with it creasing, but if you put a little translucent powder in the crease of your eyelid over the makeup, it helps a lot. On my brown ShadowBlast the darker side popped out, but I just put it back in, and I'm a little more careful with it. Overall, I like this product. I think it looks pretty good, and there aren't too many problems with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by ColorDream

I don't really have anything bad to say about this product. I have the pink/brown combo as well as the silver/grey combo. The pink & brown is my favorite for everyday use. I use my eyeshadows more as accents so the full-blown smoky look never really mattered to me. Having said that, it might be important to note that I use these as separate colors and not together. I don't like a heavily made up look and these colors are perfect for the natural look that I prefer.

I've read a lot about these breaking and /or creasing. I haven't had trouble with either. The product goes on smoothly and I don't have problems with it being too heavy, greasy, or sticky. I also apply them as they are without any sort of eye shadow base or anything. My recommendation would be to use this product with a light touch and an even hand. You can always layer more color if you prefer a more dramatic look. Besides, you don't want to pull the delicate skin around your eyes as much as possible. Also, for those desiring the smoky look that this product was intended for - don't forget to blend!

Overall, a more than satisfactory product (at least for me).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by twilightbloom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews about the tip breaking off and thought it wouldn't happen to me. It did and I wasn't even using it at the time. I got it out of my purse and the onyx side broke of my oynx/smoke. Also the color wouldn't go on my lids smooth.