Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 2/8/2015 1:00:00 PM

I bought this as a gift to myself when I got a promotion, and am so happy with my purchase. I bought the shade "05 Mademoiselle" because it was the colour featured in the launch advertising I had seen in print and video... and I was charmed by how it really seemed to light-up the model's face so easily and naturally.

Upon first application directly from the bullet, the lipstick has a texture of a beautiful rich-cream. It is full-coverage and beautifully pigmented. There is an ever-so-slight sheen or glow that is really quite natural and lovely. It is not shiny at all, but my lips look naturally slightly moist and healthy. On me the texture wears beautifully, slowly diminishing from the centre out. The colour and texture together make a very forgiving combination.

This wears like any lipstick: about 3-4 hours without eating. It does not get cakey. The colour makes it easy to apply with or without mirror, so it's no big deal to pat on a thin layer after lunch, then touch-up at my desk if I have a meeting.

Personally, I wear this lipstick 3 ways: light & natural (I apply then gently blot for a enhanced-natural lip colour and add some balm); medium for work or day (I swipe one coat straight from the bullet and soften the edges of my lips); and evening/special occasion (I apply full-coverage and with a stronger edge, for a date or evening event with my partner).

The colour itself is quite ideal because it flexible to be both soft and strong, and works well with a "natural look" or more "smokey eye" dramatic look. A very versatile shade. I need my makeup kit to be streamlined. In fact, upon cleaning out my makeup kit, this was one of the two lipsticks I kept!

Last word, the packaging is absolutely elegant, and the very gentle fragrance is pure beauty. As with all Chanel products I've tried, using this lipstick makes me feel elegant, beautiful, cared-for and womanly. It is definitely worth a try and a repurchase.

on 3/29/2014 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the colour that Channel used in its advertising for the range which was why i purchased it. I immediately fell in love with the colour, natural enough for everyday and for special occasions.

The quality is also excellent and easy to apply. I've tried other brands which slip on application and run (and thus requiring a lip liner). This lipstick could be applied with precision without a lip brush and it smells divine!

The packaging is excellent and so beautiful that it would be a waste to be left in a bag. Worth the money!

The only negative is that it does not last long - 3-4 hours at most, however that is a feature of lipsticks in general rather than the fault of this particular product.

on 12/20/2013 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Chanel lipsticks. They are hands down my favorite and leaps and bounds better than Trish, NARS, MAC, etc. That being said, this formula is great, but two lippies off for this shade, which looks horribly orange-y on me. It doesn't look anything like the pictures of others wearing it. Sad. For reference I am MAC NC15 or Studio Fix N4 and have some pink in my skin tone.

on 11/7/2013 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I debated for a long time on whether I wanted this shade or something like Cambon. Since I'm more of a bright lipstick gal, I have plenty of reds and pinks. I figured I should try something neutral and pretty. This is perfect for me. It's more of a coral mauve on my lips than a brown mauve. It looks elegant and simple. If really makes your face look beautiful but not overdone. I am in love and have been reaching for it more than my other lipsticks. The texture is not drying or moisturizing, more of an in between.

on 11/6/2013 4:17:00 AM

So I saw some reviews and thought this would be perfect for me.. not really. The color is chic and neutral but the texture is too dry. And dry lippies just give me the dreaded "aging" mouth. Moister lips look more youthful.

on 10/12/2013 11:20:00 PM

Mademoiselle is a lovely shade that is really flattering and looks great for all occasions. It goes on medium rose on my lips. The formula is great - very creamy, moisturizing and doesn't dry out the lips.

on 10/11/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was a little apprehensive about purchasing this color, because I read reviews calling this color, pink, nude, peach and coral, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I'm very cool and any hint of warmth in a lipstick pulls orange and looks like I've been eating Cheetos. Despite my reservations, I took the $34 plus tax USD plunge and I'm glad I did.

This is a beautiful color. There are so many ways to describe it, but the color that comes to mind is "wood rose." On me it's a rosy pink with a hint of beige-brown. It's neutral, yet leans slightly warmer, but does not pull orange. This color apparently looks different on everyone, which is what makes it so versatile. What I like the most, however, is the feel. Very lightweight and moisturizing. This doesn't chap my lips and is long-wearing. I've been touting Estee Lauder's Rose Tea as my HG, but Mademoiselle might be the one.

The price is pretty outrageous, so if you're looking for an affordable dupe, a lot of people are comparing Mademoiselle to Revlon's Soft Rose. I find it to be similar to MAC's Cosmo, but Cosmo is more mauve.

The formula is absolutely wonderful. It doesn't dry your lips, your lips look healthy without lines.

All the MAC lipsticks I own (they are my stable, what I usually wear) dry my lips more or less, therefore, I always walk around with lines on my lips like an old lady. So when I actually see how Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick make my lips look smooth without lines, I am shocked no lines showing on the lips can actually be done. That's so weird...I am not used to this.

The only thing that I am not fond of is the price, of course. If it were a tad cheaper, I would collect many Chanel Rouge Coco lipsticks. Now I can only be selective in colors.

The staying power is great. It stays 4 hours until I start eating snacks or full meal again. Hehe...

Color Mademoiselle 05 is a very classic color. It's soft and classy. It doesn't wow you or give you the Bang! But it's very subtle, flattering, and pretty. It is not too subtle like nude colors, it has enough pigment to brighten you face and you don't need full face makeup or heavy eye makeup to match your lips like what you would do when you wear nude lipsticks.

I will definitely keep buying it. This is the lipstick for all occasion. I love it. You can wear it to board meetings, crazy parties, school, or just stores. It's amazing.

on 10/2/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

If you are interested in this because of online swatches or how it looks on other people, I feel you need to check this color out for yourself because in real life I found the color totally different on me and unique to my lipstick stash. It is what I would call a truely full coverage lipstick. The Chanel lady insisted it was pink but I am a pink/berry/red lippie kind of girl, and this is not a cool tone, yet it is not completely warm either. There is certainly some brown or yellow in it. Anyway! On me, it leans more coral than pink. I love the color. It is not completely matte but it's not shimmery. Somehow it gives lips some serious depth. It is a heavier creamy consistency, but not especially hydrating either. I don't like the heavy feel of it and I don;t like the fact that it almost enhances too many lines. But then again I am overly critical of myself. I enjoy using lipbrushes to sheer and define but this one still just manages to feel moist but drying if that makes any sense. It wears well and for a good half day without eating or drinking and it wears down evenly, a big plus. Really nice lipstick. 4/5 rating points.

on 10/1/2013 12:42:00 AM

This was a gift from a friend and I'm surprised to see that the shade suits me very well. The formula is somewhere in between matte and a moisturizing lipstick. I sometimes wear it alone without wearing a lip balm and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's a very wearable shade as well.

Popular Lipsticks