Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I finally graduated to Chanel lipstick today, for the 1st time in my 39 years! Put it off for a long time, using any and all other brands :) The Chanel beauty expert suggested this color, as I showed her a Bobbi Brown color I'm close to finishing up. I'm in love! I can finally say my hunt for and search for the perfect l/s is over. I get tired of stockpiling colors, brands and formulas that don't really work on me and feel that I've wasted too much money. Better to spend 40 USD on a Chanel l/s (gorgeous product and packaging) vs. 40 dollars on a collection of lippies that I will barely use! ABOUT this l/s, the other reviewers perfectly describe it. It is a very worthwhile splurge if you love lipstick, want a hydrating/not too glossy/long-lasting elegant l/s.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lipstick. It's my first Chanel lipstick, as I normally wear Chanel gloss. However, this lipstick is such a nice universal color, that seems like it would be flattering on lots of skin tones. It's very moisturizing and I didn't find that it dried my lips out at all. It's not a matte lipstick, thankfully, as I hate matte lipstick on me. I will definitely repurchase this!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Chanel Mademoiselle has been reformulated!!!! I am so sad/disappointed :( This rating is for the original formula.

So the entire rouge coco line has been overhauled. The formula is supposedly longer lasting and has more shine. If you are expecting to get the color from the original ads with Vanessa Paradis, I'm sorry to say that you will have to look elsewhere. The new version is more muted brown beige. Nothing like the original.

I know I can always look for a dupe of the original but I was really hoping to repurchase mademoiselle as it was the one color I wore daily during my college days. It makes me nostalgic. The original shade was an extremely versatile and flattering rosy brown lippie with reddish undertones that I could wear day and night. It had a timeless feel to it and complemented my olive skin.

I'm going to look for dupes or try to hunt down the original. Chanel has made a serious error with this one! Ah well. But still, I'll always have fond memories of mademoiselle.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I tried this when it first came out, Vanessa Paradis had a lovely ad for it, and that was the shade on my lips. I test drove it a few times, each time thinking it's a gorgeous shade. Wears off evenly, looks sheer and feminine with a warm pinky peachy nude glow to it. Brightened my face but no Chanel in my city, and when I go to Vancouver I am busy. Fast forward to a cruise on Celebrity Solstice and a lovely display of Chanel lippies including Mademoiselle. I finally had time and wanted to buy. So I tried it again, and the colour has changed or something. It looks like MUD! Have they changed the colour formula? So sad, I didn't buy it. It was greyish taupe in the tube and just muddy on me. Oh well, another lemming bites the dust.

I did actually buy a lipstick, and it's a dupe for what I remember about Mademoiselle and it's Beauty FA by Clinique in their long last line. Very moisturizing just as I remember Chanel was. Aboard the ship it was 16$ US, 19$ Canadian compared to the astronomical price of Chanel.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

UPDATE: If you love this shade but don’t want to splurge on Chanel, or if Mademoiselle turns too orange on you, try Clinique Chubby Stick in 20 Jumbo Jasmine.

Some time ago I tried this on because I loved how it looks in the ads, the perfect neutral rose with a bit of mauve and just a little a bit of peach, and very brightening. Unfortunately on me it turns quite peachy orange so I didn’t want to spend so much for something I already have. But I really wanted to find something that would give me that kind of shade on my lips. It is very moisturizing, it won’t replace a lip balm but if you don’t have any problems with dry lips this will be enough. To be honest I like the case of Rouge Allure a bit more than this, also because I love everything that “clicks” and this is a bit too classic.

This was my first Chanel purchase and I think these are my favourite lipsticks.

The colour I feel is quite neutral, but not a nude or 'your lips but better'. I wear this to work almost every day and it is now my 'signature' colour.

The product it's last very well, isn't AT ALL drying, in fact it's the only lipstick that I don't need to wear with a lip balm.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This lipstick takes me back to high school and my favorite, long discontinued Lancome Brun Rose lipstick. For me this is a very 90s color, a brownish rosy shade on me.

Four lippies because the texture is slightly drying, but other than that it is a nice color. However, the dryness may be the tradeoff for the fact that this has good staying power for a chanel- it lasts me until about lunch. Glad this type of shade is coming back into fashion.

I love this lipstick...the color is a great that works with my very fair skintone...but my tube isn't manufactured properly & the gold part comes off with the lid, leaving me with only white plastic! Oh and I found an EXACT DUPE of this: Make Up For Ever color N9 (copper pink)!! I have both & they are identical in color, shade & texture! Go figure? I guess I'm taking one back...

I wanted a lipstick with elegant packageing to carry in my purse. Naturally, spending this $$ on a lipstick, I wanted it to be PERFECT. Great color, moisturizing, good staying power and a tolerable smell/taste. The color is gorgeous on me. A subtle, but not boring rose. All I can say is that if I could only wear one makeup product and dash out the house, this would be it. It totally lights up my face.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have fair skin (I usually buy the lightest foundation shade they got) and almost any lipstick goes pink or changes color on me. My favourite Guerlain Kiss Kiss lipstick was discontinued and I went around looking for another lipstick. A trip to Sephora, and after trying on countless colors, I really really liked NARS Dolce Vita lipstick. A trip to Macy's and I noticed the Rouge Coco line was different and found out they just released a new reformulated line.

I tried on several colors without looking at the name, and kept on coming back to try Mademoiselle. I ended up buying this one, and the new shade Marie. I used to only wear lipstick on rare or special occasions and now I wear it daily in the office.

I like that I can either wear it with one swipe and it's a 'like my lip color but slightly more/better', and another swipe produces a more opaque color. I use a Chanel lipliner with it and it lasts a much longer time. I know the color looks great when other women in the office ask me what shade I'm using.

I would recommend this color for anyone afraid to wear a lipstick daily. What really helps is finding a matching lipliner, and you don't have to use the Chanel, even a drugstore one would work to. This color made me a lipstick convert.

Recommended for Medium Skin