Nioxin system 7

3.8

on 5/2/2012 2:32:00 AM

My hair has been 'shedding' at an alarming rate, in the shower, for years. I finally started noticing that yes, my hair really is not as thick as it was in my youth, and decided that it was time to do something. I tried the Nioxin, and within 3 shampoos, noticed a DRASTIC reduction in the amount of hair loss after a shampoo. It was unreal how quickly it worked.
I am using the cleanser along with my regular conditioner, Nexxus Ensure. The Nioxin cleanser seems to make my hair really squeaky-clean, possibly even a tad bit dry right after rinsing it out, BUT it seems to allow my conditioner to penetrate/work even better. Can't say that my hair LOOKS thicker, but then thankfully, I've always had really thick hair, and the only one to have even noticed the thinning in my hair was me. This isn't a cheap product, but it works and I'll continue to use it.
PS, I've heard that Sally Beauty Supply makes their own version, which a friend has tried, and likes. I may give it a go. It if works, fine, if not, I'll go back to my Nioxin.

on 8/13/2011 8:48:00 AM

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. It smelled great, but it left my straight, somewhat healthy hair dry and hard to comb through. I bought this in a kit with a scalp treatment and conditioner. It did stop my scalp irritation (most shampoos make me itchy), but I use Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp shampoo and conditioner at a fraction of the cost and it moisturizes my hair much better. For me, it isn't worth the cost.

on 3/16/2011 11:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have used this for years and can honestly say I would go without food rather than go without this!! Seriously. I have tried all kinds of different brands, and nothing makes my hair as deliciously soft, healthy, and amazing as Nioxin 7. My hair is colored and highlighted, thick, coarse, and has a tendency to get very dry.This stuff makes it amazing!!! Seriously. A few times I have run out and tried something else ( I always use salon brands, never from the store) and NOTHING compares, so I've given up trying anything else. My hair just doesn't like it. If they ever discontinue this I will search high and low for the last remaining bottles to stockpile a lifetime supply.

on 2/22/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Nioxin System 7 worked really well for my hair. For a while I experienced some breakage due to dry- itchy scalp; My stylist recommended that I use this product to correct my issues. After 12 weeks of using this I must say that I have seen good results with this. I would buy this again my only gripe is this stuff is a bot pricey!

on 2/14/2010 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

this review is for the system 7 shampoo and conditioner...i have been using this shampoo and conditioner for the past week. it was recommended that i use it after i had many many problems with my scalp, extreme itching and discomfort. i was at a hair show a lady there looked at my scalp with a tool that helps to assess the condition of my scalp....and she noticed that my scalp was extremely dry, so she told me to try this stuff. i am only using the conditioner and the shampoo not the leave in treatment. my scalp is extremely itchy and my hair has had highlights and has been dyed several times in the past year or so. so my hair isnt very healthy, the texture of my hair is alot more course becasue of the stuff its gone through..with that being said this shampoo is the only thing that has really helped to improve the overall quality of my hair..i have noticed my scalp isnt itchy at all, my hair is much softer and my hair also has a nice shine to it.
this shampoo is extremely expensive...but i am going to make the most out of it, i only use a little bit and it goes a long way..i also found following what it says on the back of the bottle helps too...leaving the conditioner in for 3 ish minutes helps too, and i also dont wash my hair everyday so that helps too.
i think that i will commit to this shampoo/ conditioner becasue i am so impressed that i saw results in such a short period of time...i am very happy with this stuff...

Popular Shampoos