October 24, 2014 | 1858 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Gabrielle 19

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by everyoneknewherasnancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

By far one of the most moisturizing lipsticks out there, great pigmentation, the shine of the finish is brilliant. Packaging is immaculate. Pricey but it's worth every cent.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:57:00 AM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for a "real" red lipstick and this shade seemed to fit the purpose. I already bought another lipstick from the Coco line and I know they are very moisturising.

I apply it in the morning with a lip liner (a must, considering the colour) and it lasts without drying my lips until lunch time. I reapply after lunch, together with liner and I am set until the evening.

I really like the staying power and non-drying effect. However, the shade is not exactly what I was looking for, as it turns a bit too orangey on my lips. I would not repurchase this particular shade, but perhaps another one from the same line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by clarabeau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty lipstick! I love the look of red lips but often find the formulas too drying. Russian Red, for instance, is lovely and I can wear it but only if I use a lip balm underneath, and even then, after a few hours I know my lips will be drier. Not so, with this! I usually put a dab of balm underneath anyway (it's a habit now) but this is one of the only red lippies I've ever used that I could re-apply without any balm and still have soft lips at the end of the evening.

The color pulls cherry red on me, a little bit pink but not garishly so. I also don't find it warm or cool, it's neutral to my eye. It's also bright but there's nothing harsh about it, it somehow manages to be soft as well. It has a little bit of pearliness or iridescence to it, as well, which only makes it more flattering.

It's funny, my mom actually purchased this originally and then decided it didn't agree with her skin tone, so she gave it to me. She's more NC25-30 (if I had to guess) and prefers lipsticks with more depth, especially brick reds and deeper berry shades and shades with more brown in them, i.e. shades that look hideous on me lol. But this works really nicely for my NC15 skin, not harsh or garish at all, which I sometimes have a problem with when wearing red lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by charlierosie

I saw this on a YouTube tutorial and I fell in love at first sight! The rich and vibrant red caught my eye as well as the name.. "Gabrielle 19" So classic since "Coco Chanel" 's real name is Gabrielle. Immediately, I went to Nordstrom to try on this color. considering it's nearly $40 for ONE lipstick, I did not plan on purchasing. I sampled the lipstick and WOW! I couldn't stop staring in the mirror. It went on very smooth, and the color was so rich. It is a beautiful bright red! If you look closely it has a slight iridescent sparkle in it too! Pretty matte finish, which I love...not a fan of glossy looking lips. This is true French quality product. I love love love it! I would TOTALLY recommend it to a friend. Although, I want to be the only girl in the world who wears it! I left the store feeling like a million bucks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I'm always wowed by this colour. Not that I use it much, because it's really bold, but I certainly find it sexy and elegant at the same time.
Plus, I believe that Rouge Coco lipsticks are the best in terms of colourconsistency, staying power and no-bleed (when you look for a bold colour like this, make very sure it doesn't bleed!).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Older DD purchased this for me for Christmas, and I love the color. I have tried most of the recommended reds for my fair complexion and ash blonde hair. They either turn orange and/or wear off almost immediately. I touch this one up only a few times a day or evening and it's gorgeous! It feels luxuriously creamy but dries to a velvet finish and does not smear like so many other reds. Love the unique case too; I just push in the gold tip to release or pop the lipstick back in to the case. Great for such an expensive lipstick. Just love this lipstick, and will purchase myself when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started off with a red lipgloss from Chanel, earned my red lipstick wearing stripes and have now graduated onto this gorgeous lipstick. It's a sophisticated red which looks amazing with a winged eye and plenty of black eyeliner on the waterline.

I have had no problems with bleeding so haven't had to use a lipliner with it. I do know that it has good staying power and makes me feel like a minx though! Haven't got the confidence to wear it during the day.....yet. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG red lipstick. In fact, I can't believe that I found a red lipstick that I don't want to cheat on with another brand. I love Russian Red by Mac, and I love all the Besame reds as well. But, this lipstick is something special. It has a soft, creamy...nearly balmy texture on the lips. I have worn it without a lip liner, but it is better with one since it likes to bleed a bit. The thing that sets this apart from my runner-up reds is the fact that it doesn't dry my lips out too much. Russian Red, despite it's beautiful color, makes me want to scrub my lips with a Brillo pad by the time I'm done with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Bainsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Love love love this red! I have Asian nc40 skin and Gabrielle works really well to compliment the yellow undertones in my skin and not to mention make my teeth appear whiter. I like the way this lipstick is deeply pigmented, moisturizing and comfortable to wear and it doesn't need too much product to get the coverage. I use it with a chanel lip liner in rouge profound no. 57 and it works well to maintain the staying power of the lipstick and as with most deep colours I would always wear a lip liner to prevent bleeding on the lip line. Having said that I am a lover of nude colors but this red got me excited enough to buy it...The beautiful chanel packaging doesn't go amiss either!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Msands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Truly a HG buy for me! It's a stunning red which looks perfect on my Chanel B60 skin. It's moisturising, richly pigmented and never fails to draw compilments. Definetly my go-to red for day or night. Can be worn alone or for days where perfection is warranted I'll apply it with a lip brush over lip-liner. Highly recommended.