November 26, 2014 | 1640 users online

Brows - Clinique - Instant lift for brows

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Zoeystar86

I just bought this product today and came home now to apply it, first things first it doesn't look like it's going to last very long, the colour is nice but I don't like the texture or the waxy looking build up it gives me and for $38 at Myers it's kinda expensive for a produce that I can only see lasting me 2-3 weeks

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't say I'd buy it again right away, but it worked great for a recent tropical vacation. I was looking for products to do double-duty if possible, with staying power in hot and humid weather, but natural looking in full sun, so when I saw this at the Clinique counter I was intrigued. And who could resist an instant brown lift? The SA sampled the product on me and I liked how my brows looked very much, and the highlighter made them look brighter and lifted. On the trip, it performed well. My brows didn't slide off or fade away, and looked as natural as I wanted - not too much of a made up look, so I was very pleased. The colour was perfect - not too grey or taupe-y, but very natural colour. The highlighter was easy to swipe on - I also used it in the inside corners of my eyes, so it was great for quickly doing that too - and overall this complimented a minimal makeup look while adding a pretty glow. (posted a few pix) However since being home and I've noticed a few things that make it less than amazing overall.

The brow crayon slipped out of the tube and fell on the carpet. I was taken back by how short it was - this is not going to be a long lasting product. I wiped it off and I popped it back in, but ew. The crayon is on the thick side and wobbles a bit in the tube, so it's hard to get fine strokes, or finesse a light application. And the highlighter crayon applies kind of dry and obvious, so it has to be blended with a fair amount of pressure, which I don't need to put my eye lids through. Today I skipped it in favour of my Anastasia brow makeup - not sure why, except I think under florescent lighting (instead of gorgeous Hawaii lighting!) I wasn't happy with the look as much - maybe it's just me.

However if I was heading back out on trip, I'd grab this item for it's staying power, and dual functionality but as an everyday use item I may not repurchase, it's not a good enough value.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is very warm toned. I needed a taupe brown for my brows. This ends up looking very obvious : ( Plus, I don't really use the highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

For instant lift, I remember absolutely hating the highlighter and rarely using it. It came out heavy and chalky, not natural at all, and way too pink for the eye area (very surprising for a Clinique product). The brow color side is fine, but very little product for your money since it's only half a brow pencil, as the other half is the highlighter.

Waste of money. Don't purchase. If you are specifically looking for a Clinique brow pencil, try the Superfine Liner for Brows (but I also think that one gives little product for the value).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I really dislike this. They gave me this when I complained about disliking their other brow pencil which turned reddish on me. This one was no better as this one was super creamy and turned greasy in a very short time and I don't have oily skin. I think this would only be perfect on those with extremely dry skin. And beware your color--it will oxidize--so choose lighter than you think. They put me in a brown which was without red but was too dark for me.

The only thing I do like is the slanted tip.

Since this was already an exchange I guess this will go in the trash; I don't feel up to dealing with the Clinique Nazis again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have quite light eyebrows. I purchased this because I have never seen anyone talk about it. I use it for the first time and love it! It looks super natural and doesn't look obvious and drawn on. Another plus is the highlight that is on the opposite side of the pen. I love this product, but I might not repurchase just because I want to find something for my brows that are waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by curlymom2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not crazy about the highlighter end, kind of dry and too much sparkle. I have gotten used to the brow pencil and like the way my brows look but I will not re-purchase because it breaks too easily. The first one I bought was broken when I got it so I exchanged it for a new one and within a few weeks the new one was broken. This just really annoys me, especially from a company like Clinique that has been around for a long time and usually has good quality packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

BEST browshaper ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to use Armani's pencil or Chanel brow kit which both are great but this one just surprised me! The best brow pencil I've every used. REALLY easy to work with, nice color and texture and it last all day... I use the highlighter as a eyeshadow in the inner corner of the eyelid and it makes my look bright all day :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I received this in a Bonus gift and love it! The color Soft Blonde is a pretty good match for my light brown-red hair and it applies easily. My brows are very sparse and this makes them look fuller and a lot more groomed. The highlighter is useful too, the color is a shimmery champagne color which is nice to use with or without the brow pencil. I would buy this again if for some reason I couldn't get hold of my HG (Mally's 24/7 Professional Brown pencil in Taupe) as this product is excellent. The only downside is the color range. I would have preferred something a little darker but the next shade down would suit a dark brunette and not someone with lighter hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MSkyeG13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have VERY thick eyebrows that can be very hard to lift and shape. Ever since a horrible experience of getting them thinned and losing the outside half of the them on both sides. I no longer let anyone touch them and was lucky they grew back. Anyway, I have always had these really thick eyebrows that are supposed to be impossible to shape without plucking. HOWEVER, this product has worked wonders for me. I use this with and eyebrow brush and it really lookes like I just got them professionally shaped! I have heared that a lot of people are having trouble with the coloring that they buy. My trick is to never buy it in the shade your eyebrows are. For example, I have medium brown eybrows and I get the soft blonde color. When you try to match it to your eyebrows it looks very bad. This way I can get the shape I want without oddly colored brows. I really suggest you at least try it.