September 24, 2014 | 1518 users online

Eyeliner - Prestige - Total Intensity Eyeliner in Strong Slate

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by jaydensmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I grabbed this on a whim on a recent trip to Ulta. I absolutely love the color. It's a nice shimmery grey. It wears fine on my upper lash line, but I have nothing but trouble with it on my waterline. Somehow it migrates and actually ends up on my contact lenses. I wear hard contacts, so this is a HUGE problem. I have never EVER had an eyeliner end up on my lens the way this one does. It's very strange. I'll just have to use it on my waterline when I wear my glasses. I think it's the shimmer because that is what is on my contacts.

I will repurchase if I use it all and just use it on my upper lash line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love all Total Intensity liners. They are the only liners I use. I already had 4 colors & decided I needed this one. lol. I don't like to use black liner very frequently since it's harsh on my pale skin but I get bored always using brown. This is a nice charcoal gray color. Only thing I don't love is that is has shimmer. Not a bad thing but I've been doing natural & matte looks recently so it stands out a bit. But it does have excellent wear time & glides on like a dream. I absolutely love these liners

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by ChellBell

I have nothing but amazing remarks to make on this product!!! I use it all the time and i think i'm blessed to have found it, it stays on forever, and it is true to the title 'intense' with its rich color. I prefer the deepest black, and it works wonders for me. The price is amazing and i will definitely buy again...forever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOLY wow. I grabbed this e/l at Ulta based on some raves on the boards... This is easily one of the best eyeliners I have ever used. Besides the fact that this color is the perfect shade of charcoal/slate grey with, not glitter, not shimmer, just like a shiny silvery sheen... This e/l is very, very soft. It glides on so super easy. Thats when I thought for sure it would be smudgy and never stay on. WRONG. It dries SO nicely, and stays put. It can be smudged when first applied, if you want to achieve that look, but once it sets, it's SET. I'm so excited- $5 for an e/l that, IMO, is better than any MUFE, UD e/l I've used! I want to go get the other colors. This is now my absolute favorite eyeliner. Thanks MUA! I would have never even thought to try out this BRAND, let alone this exact product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

I absolutely adore this liner! Out of all of the Prestige Total Intensity Liners, this one is definitely my favorite of the lot (with Intense Olive being second in line)!

I own pretty much all the colors in this formulation and I noticed that the shimmery colors (Strong Slate, Intense Olive, etc., etc.) tend to be longer lasting and more smudge proof. Whereas the matte/solid colors (Black and Brown) seems to transfer easier on me. The matte brown certainly performed better than the black however.

In any case, this is the most lovely gunmetal/charcoal i have the chance the encounter. It glides on smoothly and lasts all day with minimal inner corner transfer. Note i only use this to tightline the top waterline and line my upper lid. i never use liner on my bottom eyelid or waterline. Used in this way, i have never had any major smudge issue.

the color of this is beautiful yet relatively subdued. it's not a screaming color, yet whenever i look at my eyes throughout the day, i think "omg so pretty!" it's a complex type of silver shimmer, as on my eyes i seem to see also flashes of blue/green/purple?? this is the kind of color that i have only ever seen in gel and cream liners. As someone who really don't like to use gel and cream liners (takes too damned long), Strong Slate is like a godsent.

of course it being so smooth/soft also means the top wears down FAST. I do have to admit, despite having used it down to a nubbin, i honestly didn't use it THAT often...certainly not as often as my HG brown liner (from Physician's Formula). The formula is so soft that sometimes i find it getting left on my lashes when i tightline, which can be a bit annoying (as it sometimes can leave fallouts below my eyes, which i usually brush off with a fan brush), and i usually have to sharpen it every two to three uses because the tip wears down so fast.

however the color and wear makes it really worth it! plus the cheap price ($5.50 ish i think) makes this a great budget liner for NON or SEMI daily wear (you may need to buy a lot of this if you wear it daily).

Awesome liner~

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen126

This is my new HG liner. It is a hidden drugstore gem! Strong Slate is a blackish slate-gray color with gray shimmer - very pretty and I will never go back to just plain black liner ever again. The texture itself is VERY creamy, creamier than the UD 24/7 pencils. I have very oily lids and this stuff stays put all day. I can't attest for staying power on the lower lash line, however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Strong Slate is definitely a "slate" grey. It's somewhat blueish and very dark. It's nothing like UD 24/7 in Gunmetal, but texture-wise and wear-wise it's a much better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ocokgirl

ok ok ok I used to wear eyeliner on my waterline when i modeled...that was 15 yrs ago. So my eyes were looking small these days ...i thought i'd revisit eyeliner again! Wowwwwwww i love this stuff so far! a little trick is to wipe your waterline down with a good quality q-tip and then draw on your line!!! gv a few seconds and it's there! i line halfway across my upper lip and botton lid areas and still makes my eyes pop.
I definitely would repurchase! If you do not want to make those high end purchses at the departments store counters, this would be a good alternative.!!!!!! Slate gray is killer its not black and not gray,,,,its softer than the black. Am thinking of running back out and getting the brown per I have gray blue eyes. If you like the longwear of eyeliner. Do it. Get it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OK, as far as I'm concerned, Prestige has the long lasting eyeliner market on LOCKDOWN. They make THE most amazing waterproof liners out there. I have never found any other liner that even comes CLOSE to this one & the other waterproof liners that Prestige offers. These last ALL day, they don't bleed or transfer, and are only $5. They seriously DO NOT SMUDGE! And as a serial eyeliner-wearer & ex-goth, I cannot ask for anything more :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My fave gray eyeliner! I cannot tell you how amazing these pencils are. I have this color, Bold Brown, and the Black one. These have amazing staying power. I line the waterline of my upper lashes, and usually leave it at that (with e/s and mascara, or course!). I rarely line my top lashes other than the waterline. It adds so much dimension to the fullness and volume of your lashes.

These are 5.50 each, and I used to buy mine at ULTA, but I believe they are being phased out of there as well (they were also phased out at Wags). Because I'm paying for shipping, I buy a few of these at a time. I know I'll use them. They are a bit on the creamy side, meaning only that you might go through them faster than other pencils, but at the low price, and awesomeness of them - it's worth it!

My mom asked me for recommendations for eyeliners that wouldn't budge and I happened to have one of these in my purse that had about 3" left - I gave it to her, told her to sanitize it, and she is LOVING it and asked me to buy her some more with my next order! It takes a lot to get the woman to actually take my suggestions and run with them, so this is a big deal!

Awesome product for the money - I hope they never get rid of these!