August 28, 2014 | 925 users online

Moisturizers - Pai Organic Macadamia Nut and Rose Dry Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This cream is really thick and does appear to moisturize. For the price, however, I was expecting something akin to miracles, but that did not happen. At $70 a bottle, I expected this to compete with Pai's Rosehip Regenerating Oil, but that is still my all-time favorite product by the company. Although the cream is moisturizing, I find it hard to spread on over the face. For this reason, I took off one star. Other than that, this is a decent cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by cubierock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this product is okay, but it's still not moisturizing enough for my skin. I don't think I broke out from this cream, but my nose still peels in the winter. The smell is sort of weird, but you get used it of it soon or later.

The packaging is okay, but be careful. I accidentally dropped mine, and it broke instantly.

My makeup doesn't stay very well after using this cream either.

The shipping to Canada is kind of expensive. To get free shipping, I have to spend more than I have to, and recently, they increased the prices for their goods by a few dollars. Not very happy about that price increase.

I guess I'll still be hunting for the perfect cream . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Suki1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love Pai products for their short, sweet and simple list of ingredients Compare Pai with ingredients lists of other natural/organic skin care ranges and you will see the difference! Pai products are also SOIL Association certified, which is one of the most difficult European organic certifying bodies to satisfy. I love the cleanser and hydrating mist, however the jury is still out on the Madadamia & Rose moisterizer. I have 50 yr old, mature, dry skin and after one month of use, I still feel that this cream is not rich enough and am using far too much in one application.

Having said that, I have recently switched from the Dr Hauschka rose day cream, which is ultra rich. However it contains large amounts of bees wax, which is for various reasons not very good for the skin. So perhaps my skin is still in bees wax withdrawal and needs a bit more time to adjust. Though I would have thought one month would be sufficient. I will carry on with it until the bottle is finished and re-assess how my skin feels. Those who are into pure organic skin care should definitely give pai products a go!

EDIT:
I eventually gave up on this one as it was just not rich enough for my dry cheeks. After 2 months of use they still felt like sand paper. Pai has since changed the recipe for this one and also the name, now called "Echium and Macademia" so I decided to give it another go as I've just been jumping around and still not found my HG moisteriser. And Hoorah! They've got it right! It now feels wonderfully rich and moisterising, absorbs fairly quickly and no nasty reactions. My cheeks feel much better just after a few weeks application. Fingers crossed that this one will be a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by codydan85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this Pai moisturiser, this is my favourite moisturiser from the Pai line because of its excellent performance. I also love the fact it doesn't contain phototoxic lavender as some of the other moisturisers do.
Like you'd expect for a moisturiser for dry skin it's lovely and rich but not overly rich that your skin looks oily. It leaves my skin feeling perfectly hydrated with a lovely radiant glow.
For me personally this moisturiser is relevantly inexpensive to what I normally pay so at 26 for 30ml it's very good value for money.
I use a super anti ageing serum underneath (The Organic Pharmacy Rose Plus Marine Complex) so it doesn't not bother me that this moisturiser does not contain super anti ageing ingredients as my skin gets that from the serum but I love the way this eliminates my dryness.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pro's
100% natural and pure
Organic (Soil association certified)
Alcohol free
Excellent for sensitive skin
Lavender free
Very good value for money
Moisturising
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Con's
Packaging (would be better if in an airless pump to protect the active ingredients from air exposure).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by dsbbhome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to attempt to write a review for all of the Pai products that I have ordered testers for. I highly recommend visiting www.lovelula.com and ordering the whole whack of sample sized moisturizers (there are 4) and their cleanser. These are 5ml jars of each for the equivalent of $3.00 ea. and they last a LONG time. First let me say...if you have oily skin, don't even think about putting any of this line on your face...find something else. As for other skin types, here's the breakdown.

Pai Organic Avocado and Jojoba Normal Skin Cream
Pai Organic Geranium and Thistle Combination skin Cream
Pai Organic Chamomile and Rosehip Sensitive Skin Cream
Pai Organic Macadamia and Rose Dry Skin Cream

I have dry, sensitive skin, with horrible cystic acne on my chin and neck. I was leaning towards the latter two products, but in the end ordred all 4 testers...so glad I did. I ended up loving the Geranium and Thistle Combination Skin Cream (which should have left me feeling hideously dry). So whatever your skin type is right now (ex. you usually buy moisturizers for dry to extra dry skin) buy the cream for normal skin and so on.

Now to the review of the Pai Organic Macadamia and Rose Dry Skin Cream

Ingredients: rosewater, macadamia nut oil, apricot kernel oil, coconut and corn derived emulsifier, thistle oil, Shea butter, vegetable glycerine, borage oil, natural vitamin e, corn extract, manuka oil, rosemary antioxidant, basil extract, frankincense oil, rose geranium oil, rose oil, lactic acid.

Pai products are all EXTREMELY fresh. Stockists keep small quantities on site as these products are meant to be used within 8 months of manufacturing...if you have them for longer, please refrigerate them. There are no strong preservatives in these products...which is great for skin if used before the product starts to become contaminated...after that chuck it out!

Samples come in a 5ml glass jar...use a spatula if necessary. This moisturizer has the texture of a heavy moisturizing cream, scent is subtle but pleasant. You only need a tiny amount to moisturize the whole face. I have been using it as an eye cream with pleasing results. It would definitely be best used on mature, dry skin.

Full sizes come in 30ml glass pumps and are only available in the UK (from what I can ascertain) and are approximately $45. Google Pai skincare to find stockists.