November 23, 2014 | 1497 users online

Moisturizers - Pai Organic Geranium and Thistle Combination Skin Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Initial thoughts on this product, bought it on a whim due to its organic nature. It's a product meant for combination or oily skin because It's for OIL CONTROL ladies! I live in a very humid climate so this is perfect and keeps me hydrated as it sinks in Relatively fast
but for those who have dry skin (do not confuse dehydrated with dry), you may try the one with jojoba! I will do an update again after one month :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by jeyni13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gruelling search for years for the perfect moisturizer for my skin is over! I have combination and sensitive skin. Gentle yet effective, i love pai!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Seriously disappointed. I loved the rosehip oil so thought I'd try their moisturiser too. This product is supposed to be for sensitive skin but I find it watery and drying, bringing out my skin in these tiny raised spots.
So, I looked up the ingredients and sodium anisate and sodium levulinate are actually preservatives.
Not just 'corn' and 'basil' extracts but concentrated preservatives.
It's one thing to use extracts of plants like floral waters but concentrated extracts are no better than sodium benzoate and phenoxyethanol which are known to cause allergic reactions. In fact, these ingredients are sodium salts too, so what's the difference?
I can only imagine that it is these preservatives that have upset my skin.
I get annoyed when brands portray themselves as whiter than white with 'clear labeling' etc, when in fact they are being as dishonest as anyone else by not informing the customer as to what these ingredients really are.
THEY ARE PRESERVATIVES FOLKS!!
I would have given this product a 3 but due to the less than honest labeling, I'm giving it a 1.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by NickyLovesMakeUp

Really surprised to read some not so great reviews of this moisturiser as it's really the only one I've found that's not only been gentle on my skin but has also helped clear up by blemishes (used to get them around the nose and cheeks).

I try to choose natural and organic wherever possible as past experiences with harsh products for spot-prone skin just haven't ended well - my skin's always ended up dry, red and flakey.

This cream has totally rebalanced it - it absorbs really well so my skin feels soft, but not greasy and I've definitely noticed it's much calmer and clearer.

It is a little on the pricey side but for me the great ingredients and having my confidence in my skin again means it's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 7:04:00 AM More reviews by FloraGreen

I LOVE this moisturiser! I have used countless brands and nothing effectively balances my classic combination skin. It is a light but nourishing moisturiser, it actually manages to keep my dry bits (round the sides of my face) moisturised and my oily T-zone almost shine free.

I've been using this product for about 8 months and have gone from having blemish prone skin to having clear skin. This is obviously coupled with good diet and most notably cutting out all harsh chemicals from my skincare regime.

This moisturiser is pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. It has great quality ingredients and no nasty fillers and chemicals like in other 'natural' brands. I love that Pai list all of their ingredients clearly and in english, it makes such a difference.

100% recommend this product, it's great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by angelrei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin: oily forehead and chin/ dry patches on my cheeks and am prone to break-outs. It seems nigh on impossible to find good quality organic products for combination skin so I was really crossing my fingers for this product! This cream is more like a lotion in that it feels quite light and absorbs quickly into the skin. It did not break me out so that's a big thumbs-up and the smell and pump packaging are added bonuses. Unfortunately, as it has no SPF content, I prefer to use it as a night cream. I have also noticed that as the weather is getting colder it is not providing adequate moisturise for the dry patches on my cheeks so I am experimenting now with something a bit heavier. In short, this suits me as a warm weather overnight moisturiser. I would not be put off by the review below regarding severe scaly skin breakouts- this moisturiser is clearly billed for use on combination/oilier skin types. To use it on very dry eczemateous skin seems to me to be asking for trouble... Combination skin types: give it a go!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by PisceanBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this after I read that this product had mild antibiotic properties. I have eczema and breakouts associated with my rashes. So I thought it would help. It didn't. This gave me lots of little clogged pores and broke me out. And it worsened my eczema. Very bad. So I decided I would not use this on my face and only on my neck. Now I have lizard neck. Scales! Rough and flaky and scaly. Awful awful awful. I was better off with Aveeno.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for a couple of weeks, but unfortunately it really aggravated my acne. I'll give it a 2 since it didn't burn or sting, and the smell is divine. Such a shame this didn't work since it sounded like the perfect moisturiser for my clog-prone, dehydrated skin.
Oh well, onto the next...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by strix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finicky skin. Hormonal adult acne on my cheeks, dryness in other areas. This product is advertised as being for oily or combination skin, so when I received it I was surprised because it is a thicker cream. I was expecting a lightweight lotion. However, once I used it, I was pleasantly surprised. It's winter, and I have some quite dry areas. This really helps with the flaky skin, and makes it feel soothed and healthy. My friend is an aesthetician, and she told me that geranium is very good for acne-prone skin, which is why I ordered it I haven't had any breakouts from this, so it has become my go-to winter moisturizer.

I also love the bottle design and that it has a pump to keep it fresh and hygienic.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by blackowlive

This and the rose cream moisturizer helped calm down and clear up my skin after months of frustration from trying every form of treatment- I was even seeing a dermatologist- and still breaking out. This is very gentle and non-irritating. You don't need to use very much. The ingredients are all natural; I think that's what made the difference for me. My skin is doing so much better now; I only get an occasional zit (and it's often around that time of the month). I don't know why more people don't know about Pai. Apparently Natalie Portman uses it, and she has beautiful skin. I'm going to continue to use this!

*Update: This is a good product, but not worth the $50 they charge. I find I'm getting similar, if not better results from Cerave's moisturizer for oily skin (it's not even the one that's meant exclusively for the face, but it works so well)! This gave me good results initially, and then, one day, I realized it wasn't wowing me anymore. It's just a good, gentle moisturizer with natural ingredients. And at that price, it doesn't guarantee that your makeup will go on any smoother or wear better. Not worth it.