Neutrogena Healthy Lengths

3.9

on 4/1/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this mascara for the first time today. I used it and I am already in love with it. For daily use I like a more natural looking but well-defining mascara. My favorite mascara of all time was L'Oreal's Lash Out. I used it for 20+ years. I was heartbroken when it was discontinued. I have searched and searched for something to replace it and nothing that I've found worked the same, until I found this. It's a very dry formula, which I prefer to an overly wet formula. It coats well. I feel like it adds a little bit of length. It separates my lashes well, doesn't clump at all or give me spider eyes. I doesn't smudge or flake and lasts all day for me. When it was time to wash it off, it came right off with minimal effort. I used Noxzema to wash my face and it removed it immediately and with no residue at all. If you're looking for a very dramatic effect, this is not the mascara you want. If you're looking for a really good daytime mascara, definitely give it a try. I could not be happier with this mascara. It is exactly what I wanted and it even claims that it's good for your lashes. I have no idea if it is or not, but it's just what I have been looking for. If you are looking for a good replacement for Lash Out mascara, this is perfect!

on 1/13/2015 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love. Everything I wanted. Simple (not spidery), definition, stays on but easy to take off, gentle.
Super excited.

on 10/22/2014 10:36:00 AM

I picked up this mascara at a drugstore sale (40 percent off) in part because I wanted a black-brown lengthening formula. Plus the packaging says it'll nourish lashes, so I figure if I like it and the claim works even a bit, then it's all gravy. I have to say, I like this mascara a lot more than I ever expected. The formula applies well, doesn't clump on me, and lasts without crumbling. On top of that, while one coat is decent, when I add a couple more to my light brown lashes (which are average -- not super short but not naturally super long either) I get some real length. I swear my lashes look twice as long when I wear this, and it adds a decent amount of volume, though the real magic is in the lengthening claims. I'd definitely buy it again. Plus there's no strong scent or anything so I enjoy that aspect, too.

on 8/27/2014 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This may be HG mascara for me. It's a true deep black color, doesn't clump, gives good length and volume, keeps a curl, and doesn't smudge on my oily lids. It's not a really dramatic mascara, but it is perfect for everyday. It's the first mascara I've repurchased!

on 6/22/2014 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Gave me feathery, natural looking lashes. This mascara is light weight, and only needs 2 coats. It doesn't smear or flake, and no spider eyes.
I used to use Clinique long and pretty mascara and was sad when it was discontinued. This is a great replacement.

on 4/16/2014 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really really love this mascara! I bought it in Brownish Black because I tend to go for a natural look, and because black can sometimes look way too harsh with my coloring.

First off, I really like the minimalist packaging; it's a slender black round tube that doesn't take up a lot of space in my make up bag. When I applied it, it instantly darkened and lengthened my lashes (perfect). I used two coats to get natural, yet visible, definition. I was amazed at it's staying power throughout the day. I have really oily eyes with very long eyelashes and it didn't transfer at all, and it didn't flake whatsoever! Also, when I applied it the formula wasn't runny or goopy like I'm used to with other mascaras. The brush is nice and bristly and really runs through lashes well without clumping badly. It also held my curl quite well. Although, the formula did have a noticeable scent... Anyways, when it came time to take it off at the end of the day it removed easily with a makeup removing wipe. I've read that other people have had problems removing it but I'm guessing they maybe had an old batch or the formula has since been tweaked because I experienced no such problems. It's also important to consider that I have relatively sensitive eyes and certain mascaras irritate my eyes to the point that I end up crying and this one definitely didn't do that.

Since it was just purchased I'm not sure how long it will take to dry up so that's definitely something I'll have to pay attention to.

I took off one lippie for price, because it is expensive for a drugstore mascara. I really wanted to find a great brown(ish) mascara on a drugstore budget that was cruelty free but alas, I wasn't able to. I feel bad for supporting Neutrogena, a company that does perform animal testing. but this mascara is very nice and I will continue to use it. Overall, this will be my new go to mascara, hence the five lippies in the overall rating!

on 4/10/2014 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My lashes are quite long but pale at the ends and slightly droopy.
This darkens them subtly and keeps them perky all day long.
It absolutely does not smudge or flake (and I have an oily skin).
Easy to remove
Reasonably priced
Looks natural!
it does not really volumize but that's not a dealbraker for me
The brush is not the best for bottom lashes.

Buy it.

on 3/17/2014 7:08:00 PM

I'm always on the lookout for a good drug store mascara and I like this one very much. It has quite plain packaging --a slim, dark tube and silver toned cap, so it might be easily overlooked beside all the other brands of brightly colored thick tubes of mascara. However, it is a very good product.

I was looking for an inexpensive mascara that is primarily for lengthening rather than thickening. Many of the mascaras available at the drug store are for a thicker lash effect, so a lengthening only formula seems more difficult to find.

Healthy Lengths makes my lashes appear quite long and, if I reapply more than one coat, it also thickens adequately. It removes easily with either soap and water or a milky cleanser and doesn't irritate my eyes.

I like the smaller, slimmer brush as it enables me to easily reach all of my lashes. I've used both the regular black and the black brown. It doesn't flake throughout the day, which is a problem I've encountered with some other brands.

This is, in my opinion, a good product that is reasonably priced that i will buy again as long as it's around.

on 1/25/2014 2:26:00 PM

This mascara was just OK. It did add length to my lashed, but nothing more than other mascaras. It completely straightened my lashes, so I had to recurl after application. My lashes did remain soft, which was nice. But all in all I would not repurchase.

on 10/1/2013 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was excited to try one of Neutrogena's mascaras since it's one of the only brands that I haven't tried over the years.

The packaging was very simple. A long slender tube, and a fuzzy brush with bristles that weren't tightly packed together. Since there was space between bristles, it was easy to comb the brush through my lashes to apply product evenly.

This mascara isn't a dramatic type. I applied 2 coats, and my lashes looked long and defined in an understated way. There was no clumping or flaking.

This is a very good mascara if you don't want a dramatic look. I couldn't build my lashes up enough for my taste with this mascara, but I would recommend it to people who want a good mascara with a more natural look.