Essie Lilacism

3.9

Not sure why the overall rating for this isn't higher! Beautiful color, glossy formula, opaque in 3 thin coats.

on 12/18/2014 10:59:00 PM

I get compliments on this every time I wear it. It's such a pretty bluish purple. It takes me three thin coats to be opaque and has good wear time (I use seche vite base and top coat). I feel like it's also a good colour for summer and winter <3

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very pretty lilac colour. It is light, but manages to stay away from babyish. The polish dries very quickly, and lasts well. My inky complaint is with the width of the brush.

on 2/5/2014 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

In the spirit of Pantones Colour of 2014 { Radiant Orchid}, I purchased this colour.
So far, loving it.
Very unusual & opaque in 2 coats but the more you apply, the better the colour becomes.
Glossy finish & wears well.
Not my absolute favourite colour but it may still need time to become a favourite.
Highly recommended though.

on 2/4/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While this is a very pretty color, I find the formula to be not so great, with streaky application and polish that gets lumpy if you don't immediately brush it out onto your nail. It's a little disappointing for the expensive price point.

on 12/15/2013 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My mom was the one that bought this polish, and she didn't like it so she gave it to me. I think Essie is way overpriced ranging from 8-9 dollars depending on where you go. I had to paint this in 3+ coats because it is so thin and streaky. Some fingers even dried with bubbles, even though I used base and top coat. I dipped my nails in freezing water because it takes forever to dry, and it was fine for the first 12 hours ( I painted them at night) but I was doing homework the next day, and noticed they were already chipping! Very dissapointed, Essie.

on 9/12/2013 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This isn't the lovely lilac-lavender nail polish the Google image swatches led me to believe it was. I was honestly expecting a true, bright lilac. 2-3 coats later and it's a muted blue-grey shade with a tiny hint of lilac. However, performance wise, 3 thin coats applied nicely, no streaking, dragging or glooping as I painted each nail. Definitely won't repurchase.

on 7/26/2013 10:34:00 PM

As a milky pastel purple, Lilacism took me three coats to get it completely opaque. It was fairly streaky for me. As an Essie Nail polish, I was partially disappointed in this color. It was fairly muted and was too milky for my tastes in nail polish. Nonetheless, I was glad to try it but I doubt I will use this color again. I got this in a swap anyways so it was a good chance to try!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous, gorgeous shade, the perfect pastel lilac. Nice and glossy too. Looks stunning. However the formula is not so great. On my fingernails this chipped horribly after only a few hours (2 coats plus top coat). I retouched the chips and by the next morning there were more chips that were starting to peel. This polish is one of those ones where you can just peel the whole lot off a nail when it chips. Very very disappointing.

on 5/14/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

It's a pretty lilac color in the bottle but in some lighting it can appear blue. I don't like that but in the sunlight it's a pretty purple color

Top Rated Essie Products