December 29, 2014 | 1043 users online

Polishes - Essie - Lilacism

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CatG68

I get compliments on this every time I wear it. It's such a pretty bluish purple. It takes me three thin coats to be opaque and has good wear time (I use seche vite base and top coat). I feel like it's also a good colour for summer and winter <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very pretty lilac colour. It is light, but manages to stay away from babyish. The polish dries very quickly, and lasts well. My inky complaint is with the width of the brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the spirit of Pantones Colour of 2014 { Radiant Orchid}, I purchased this colour.
So far, loving it.
Very unusual & opaque in 2 coats but the more you apply, the better the colour becomes.
Glossy finish & wears well.
Not my absolute favourite colour but it may still need time to become a favourite.
Highly recommended though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by melumebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While this is a very pretty color, I find the formula to be not so great, with streaky application and polish that gets lumpy if you don't immediately brush it out onto your nail. It's a little disappointing for the expensive price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by SM824star

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My mom was the one that bought this polish, and she didn't like it so she gave it to me. I think Essie is way overpriced ranging from 8-9 dollars depending on where you go. I had to paint this in 3+ coats because it is so thin and streaky. Some fingers even dried with bubbles, even though I used base and top coat. I dipped my nails in freezing water because it takes forever to dry, and it was fine for the first 12 hours ( I painted them at night) but I was doing homework the next day, and noticed they were already chipping! Very dissapointed, Essie.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

This isn't the lovely lilac-lavender nail polish the Google image swatches led me to believe it was. I was honestly expecting a true, bright lilac. 2-3 coats later and it's a muted blue-grey shade with a tiny hint of lilac. However, performance wise, 3 thin coats applied nicely, no streaking, dragging or glooping as I painted each nail. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

As a milky pastel purple, Lilacism took me three coats to get it completely opaque. It was fairly streaky for me. As an Essie Nail polish, I was partially disappointed in this color. It was fairly muted and was too milky for my tastes in nail polish. Nonetheless, I was glad to try it but I doubt I will use this color again. I got this in a swap anyways so it was a good chance to try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by GriffithsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous, gorgeous shade, the perfect pastel lilac. Nice and glossy too. Looks stunning. However the formula is not so great. On my fingernails this chipped horribly after only a few hours (2 coats plus top coat). I retouched the chips and by the next morning there were more chips that were starting to peel. This polish is one of those ones where you can just peel the whole lot off a nail when it chips. Very very disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by ChynaLaShay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty lilac color in the bottle but in some lighting it can appear blue. I don't like that but in the sunlight it's a pretty purple color

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wouldn't call Lilacism a true lilac color: it's a very pale lavender with a lot of blue and gray. In some lights it even looks more blue than purple. The lightness and creme finish make Lilacism look very mod, like something my mom would have worn in high school in the '60s (a good thing, obviously). I have very light skin, and the color looks stark and pale even on me! The formula is thin and runny and I definitely need three coats for opacity, but each coat dries quickly. Overall, a unique pastel polish for spring--a bit less sweet than the traditional lavender and pink and mint options. I wouldn't repurchase, due to the formula and the unflattering coolness of the color, but it's a nice polish to know about.