Essie Lilacism

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lilacism is a beautiful pale lavender colour nail polish from Essie. It has a creme finish and the formula is very smooth and easy to apply. It is opaque in two coats and dried quickly. The colour is gorgeous, a cool-toned lilac/lavender colour that does not pull too grey. It does not make my fingers look pink either which is a bonus! The staying power was fantastic, a full week including 30 hours of air travel (Australia to Europe) without getting a single chip, even without the use of base or top coat! A beautiful colour with a great formula, if you like pastel or purple nail polishes, Lilacism is a must have!! A+

I love this so much I've had to re-purchase after a couple of months.

Unlike some Essie colours you do need to apply three thin coats to get the desired creamy pastel effect - but it's worth it. ...I also think that the three layer thing makes me more careful when applying - which makes my manicure last longer; I can usually get a good four days with this colour (and that's with me doing household chores everyday, an office job etc...).

In sunlight it's a gorgeous pastel lilac colour that's noticeable enough for people to compliment it. (I wore a canary yellow dress with these nails yesterday and the contrast was fantastic - I also like wearing it when in the mood to rock a bright red lipstick). ...And yet - in softer light it looks much more subtle, meaning I can wear it to the office and not feel out of place.

For me this is the perfect polish for those days in spring/ summer when I can't decide between muted or bright - but still want my nails to stand out.

Not sure why the overall rating for this isn't higher! Beautiful color, glossy formula, opaque in 3 thin coats.

I get compliments on this every time I wear it. It's such a pretty bluish purple. It takes me three thin coats to be opaque and has good wear time (I use seche vite base and top coat). I feel like it's also a good colour for summer and winter <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very pretty lilac colour. It is light, but manages to stay away from babyish. The polish dries very quickly, and lasts well. My inky complaint is with the width of the brush.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

In the spirit of Pantones Colour of 2014 { Radiant Orchid}, I purchased this colour.
So far, loving it.
Very unusual & opaque in 2 coats but the more you apply, the better the colour becomes.
Glossy finish & wears well.
Not my absolute favourite colour but it may still need time to become a favourite.
Highly recommended though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

While this is a very pretty color, I find the formula to be not so great, with streaky application and polish that gets lumpy if you don't immediately brush it out onto your nail. It's a little disappointing for the expensive price point.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

My mom was the one that bought this polish, and she didn't like it so she gave it to me. I think Essie is way overpriced ranging from 8-9 dollars depending on where you go. I had to paint this in 3+ coats because it is so thin and streaky. Some fingers even dried with bubbles, even though I used base and top coat. I dipped my nails in freezing water because it takes forever to dry, and it was fine for the first 12 hours ( I painted them at night) but I was doing homework the next day, and noticed they were already chipping! Very dissapointed, Essie.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This isn't the lovely lilac-lavender nail polish the Google image swatches led me to believe it was. I was honestly expecting a true, bright lilac. 2-3 coats later and it's a muted blue-grey shade with a tiny hint of lilac. However, performance wise, 3 thin coats applied nicely, no streaking, dragging or glooping as I painted each nail. Definitely won't repurchase.

As a milky pastel purple, Lilacism took me three coats to get it completely opaque. It was fairly streaky for me. As an Essie Nail polish, I was partially disappointed in this color. It was fairly muted and was too milky for my tastes in nail polish. Nonetheless, I was glad to try it but I doubt I will use this color again. I got this in a swap anyways so it was a good chance to try!

Top Rated Essie Products