October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Creme de Rose is a decadent treat. It's a luscious pot of creamy salve that smells vividly of rose petals. I find it softening but it does need to be reapplied fairly often so I don't know how long it will last. I'm a lip balm fanatic and this was a splurge I am enjoying.

$27 for a 7.2 g plastic pot on sephora.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

This is a lovely lip balm. It's luxurious, moisturizing, smells like roses and perfect for my bedside table. It is also, however, preposterously expensive and for this reason I will not be repurchasing. I apply lip balm pretty generously and thus used up the pot way sooner than I would've liked to considering the price. If you can afford it, though, this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried, and I have tried quite a few. I love the packaging because it feels so retro. I'm not a germaphobe, so jar packaging doesn't gross me out. The texture is creamy but very light, and the smallest dab will heal even my most-chapped lips. I use Chanel's Coco Rouge Baume during the day, but I slather this on at night and wake up with plush, healthy lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by rwhatson

I wanted to love this product.. But it did nothing for my lips. Dried them out more after use. I returned it to Dior for store credit. Cute packaging and smells nice. I prefer by terry Baume de rose

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing this based on being dior and its 25$ price tag. While it's a pretty good balm especially for priming for matte lipstick, it's not really anything spectacular. It smells good not to strong (not to good at figuring at exact smells) and no taste. It feels smooth and creamy not to hard or soft. Having acrylic nails having to stick my fingers in it sucks. It's a sturdy container and I find that the fact the CD signature on the lid isn't going to fade away it's really nice it too isn't a very spectacular container. It's a really nice light pink color that is barely going to add any color and if it does its a flattering paler pink which is nice if u wanna wear it without makeup. So if it was maybe 10bucks cheaper I'd buy again but at that price this was a one time buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Grail! Best lip balm ever! Smells great, minimal to no taste, and moisturizing for days! Sinks in your lips to truly hydrate them. Creamy, not goopy, formula that initially had a sheer glossy look on your lips. (It does sink in fairly quickly - this is NOT a lasting gloss). I don't know about the "plumping" part - I haven't noticed any difference - but that's not why I buy it. Gorgeous packaging! But I am not one of those who cares about unsanitary pot balms - in fact, I prefer it. It is pricey but considering how much I DON'T have to use it because it works so well, it's worth every penny. Thank you, Dior!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by joig

Smells good, works great a little goes a long way, a little glossy though, and you dont get much for 50 bucks

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HoneyQ

Mila Kunis swears by this balm so I tried it out and it is SO great. I spent $55 on the La Mer Lip treatment (which is good as a night treatment, but doesn't look like anything on, lasts forever though) but this one is just luxurious and looks polished. It give you this movie star pout without the stickiness. Love it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

It's been my favorite for years. I don't know it's it's meant for skin but I use it as a lipgloss/Chapstick. You can mix with eyeshadow to make a cute sparkly lipgloss too. It's hydrating, smells like rose water, cute little package. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Nicolecla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy grail!

Through all my years wearing and testing out so much makeup, I have yet to come across a lip balm this good.

First of all it feels very luxurious. The packaging is really classy, and fits very nicely in any bag, or even your pocket. When you open the product it smells amazing. A lot of lip balms smell very fake. This one actually smell like real roses.

Applying the product is just a dream. It glides on, and gives you a slight pink tint to your lips. It feels really hydrating, and you can kiss your chapped and dry lips goodbye once and for all.

I apply a thin layer of this throughout the day, and before going to bed at night I apply a thick layer. When I wake up my lips are the softest they've ever been, and they also are still really hydrated, even after 8-12 hours of sleep.

I've already repurchased so many times, and I will do so until the day I die or it will be discontinued. Fingers crossed that never happens!