October 30, 2014 | 1565 users online

Lip Treatments - Christian Dior - Creme de Rose 001

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the elegant simplicity of this product -both in the vintage packaging as well as the pale pink balm and pure rose scent. I use it at night with my skincare routine. The scent matches my Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin toner I can't live without. It's a little bit of luxury considering my skin care products are basically Noxzema, Egyptian Magic cream (a tiny bit goes a looong way), coconut oil, glycolic acid and castor oil, lol. I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Aminsat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think when you are buying this, you are really buying the feeling of luxury. It has a classic strong rose smell, the slightest milky pink hue and a creamy texture - all nice. Nothing of substance to warrant the price tag IMO but if you just love that retro simple white packaging and the feeling of using a high end product, I totally get that. I myself don't get that glee of opulence when I use it. The packaging is kinda meh to me other than having the CD on it. I don't know what to do with mine and feel weird lending it since it's kind of unhygienic. I only use it when I remember I'm trying to finish it lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it would be an over-priced gimmick (hello Lancome eye makeup remover, I am talking to you!) and I'd end up returning it. However, I love the packaging and everything about this product. It is truly luxurious and it works. The scene is slight, which is perfect. It looks great on my bedroom dresser. That said, it is absurdly priced and not worth the money if you don't want to "splurge." For me it is 5 lippies and I will almost definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Creme de Rose is a decadent treat. It's a luscious pot of creamy salve that smells vividly of rose petals. I find it softening but it does need to be reapplied fairly often so I don't know how long it will last. I'm a lip balm fanatic and this was a splurge I am enjoying.

$27 for a 7.2 g plastic pot on sephora.com.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

This is a lovely lip balm. It's luxurious, moisturizing, smells like roses and perfect for my bedside table. It is also, however, preposterously expensive and for this reason I will not be repurchasing. I apply lip balm pretty generously and thus used up the pot way sooner than I would've liked to considering the price. If you can afford it, though, this is a nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Twobit89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried, and I have tried quite a few. I love the packaging because it feels so retro. I'm not a germaphobe, so jar packaging doesn't gross me out. The texture is creamy but very light, and the smallest dab will heal even my most-chapped lips. I use Chanel's Coco Rouge Baume during the day, but I slather this on at night and wake up with plush, healthy lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by rwhatson

I wanted to love this product.. But it did nothing for my lips. Dried them out more after use. I returned it to Dior for store credit. Cute packaging and smells nice. I prefer by terry Baume de rose

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing this based on being dior and its 25$ price tag. While it's a pretty good balm especially for priming for matte lipstick, it's not really anything spectacular. It smells good not to strong (not to good at figuring at exact smells) and no taste. It feels smooth and creamy not to hard or soft. Having acrylic nails having to stick my fingers in it sucks. It's a sturdy container and I find that the fact the CD signature on the lid isn't going to fade away it's really nice it too isn't a very spectacular container. It's a really nice light pink color that is barely going to add any color and if it does its a flattering paler pink which is nice if u wanna wear it without makeup. So if it was maybe 10bucks cheaper I'd buy again but at that price this was a one time buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy Grail! Best lip balm ever! Smells great, minimal to no taste, and moisturizing for days! Sinks in your lips to truly hydrate them. Creamy, not goopy, formula that initially had a sheer glossy look on your lips. (It does sink in fairly quickly - this is NOT a lasting gloss). I don't know about the "plumping" part - I haven't noticed any difference - but that's not why I buy it. Gorgeous packaging! But I am not one of those who cares about unsanitary pot balms - in fact, I prefer it. It is pricey but considering how much I DON'T have to use it because it works so well, it's worth every penny. Thank you, Dior!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by joig

Smells good, works great a little goes a long way, a little glossy though, and you dont get much for 50 bucks