December 26, 2014 | 1962 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Pure Orchid by Halle Berry

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a gift and it's a really nice scent. Very floral and sweet. It's not overpowering and but I have to reapply throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Rosa93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought this when it was on special for $29.00 I instantly fell in love with the scent it's a pleasant smell it's not to overpowering like other perfumes. It's perfect for any occasion. I've been using this for months now and it smells divine

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I was given this as a gift... I like Halle by Halle Berry, but this is not even close to that scent. This smells like cotton candy. Way too light, and candy-ish for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Despite the name of this perfume, 'Pure Orchid' doesn't smell like an orchid at all! On me, it smells of berries, blackberries to be exact as listed in the notes. There's a bit of spice in this that's quite subtle which gives it a warm comforting smell. However, I'm not too crazy about the scent. It smells nice, but I think it's very generic and the staying power is very poor. I spray it on my wrist and neck and after 1 hour, the scent is barely there! Overall, it's a nice sweet floral that's not too heavy on the patchouli, but I wouldn't buy because it reminds me of a perfume I already have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This scent is nice, but I feel like it smells quite similar to other celebrity fragrances. It is a sweet floral with the strong orchid notes and lighter berry notes which gives this scent that sweet smell. This doesn't last so well with me, but I wear it everyday mainly because its a nice go-to fragrance. I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by sharon517

This just an OK fragrance. Out of the 2 fragrances I normally wear, this one is my least favorite. The bottle is really small, and the scent doesn't scream floral or orchid to me. Rather, its kind of sweet, like candy or something. I wish the scent lasted longer too. I got this as a gift, but I wouldn't buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Haley_Comet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't waste your money!!!
Smells good but 20minutes or so after you put this stuff on....poof....its gone...totally gone! Honestly don't buy this...its pointless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is so strange...I thought this perfume would be a warm, floral scent. Some reviewers mentioned a vanilla drydown. Sounded pleasant enough. When I sprayed it on me though, it turned into an EXACT CLONE of Armani Code. Now, don't get me wrong, this was a pleasant surprise considering I love Armani Code and it's much more expensive then Pure Orchid. It was just very unexpected. On me it was quite dark and spicy with a vanilla undertone coming out in the drydown. Literally an exact dupe of how Armani Code smells on me. Looks like no one else has had this bizarre experience, so perhaps my review should be taken with a grain of salt. But that was my experience with this perfume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love florals and lately gourmands. I tried all the celebrity perfumes at Zellers and only liked HB Pure Orchid. After a week of trying it at the store, I finally bought a bottle. If you like Flower Bomb (which is stronger floral), Hugo Boss Femme and Flora, then you might like Pure Orchid. Sweetness with vanilla and berries in the drydown. To avoid offending coworkers, I spray it on my breastbone. Everyonce in awhile, I catch a beautiful sugary scent. (Aqualino smells like sweat on me).

Update 2014/08/24: I find the berries annoying. I still like the sweetness of this perfume but the berries get in the way. Changed rating from 4/5 to 2/5

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by spinthedeck

After smelling a sample of HB Pure Orchid in a magazine, I had high hopes for this fragrance. After buying, however, it took me a few days to figure out if I liked this & wanted to keep or return it. I originally felt like all I could smell was the orchid floral, but after a min or two I definitely became much more aware of the blackberry & vanilla. I decided that it was worth keeping b/c it is pretty & reminds me of my wedding day, when I carried a big bouquet or orchids. I also thought b/c it was an EDP it would have decent staying power....it doesn't. I definitely don't plan to repurchase.