August 21, 2014 | 956 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Bamboo Wear - Bamboo Silk Bronzer Refill

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like or love most Physician's Formula bronzers, and it is the only brand I use for bronzing powders. They are consistently reliable to be natural-looking and not clog my sensitive/combination skin. I saw a promotion pack at Marshall's for $7.99 that included two of the Bamboo Silk compact refills and the Bamboo compact itself and I was out of my normal PF bronzer, so I figured I would give this a shot for the great price.

This bronzer powder is very finely milled and has a good quality texture. The color impact is very light and makes this bronzer better for all-over use (rather than contouring). It has caused no problems for my skin, feels like nothing on and it lasts well throughout the day, even on hot days. Some of the other reviewers complained about an odd scent, but I have not noticed any scent at all to this product.

I rate this a three not because the bronzer is too light in tone (I like that) but because I thought it would have some shimmer to it thanks to the gold-toned powder bamboo imprint in the compact. However, this is pretty much matte and therefore I don't think it blends as well as the PF bronzers with shimmer. It ends up being a little muddy and even a little orangey, which is disappointing. It's still probably better than most bronzers out there, but it's not one of PF's best as far as the shade turnout and blending ability.

The compact pan is easy to put into the case and the case is well-made. I wish the pan was a bit deeper, but oh well. I do not use the included brush, but rather my go-to kabuki brush, which is the generic target brand one that is $5 and works wonderfully well. The pan and the compact both have a nice look to them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by tsurikichi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I really like the bronzer! I just wish it wasn't together with the powder. but anyways, the bronzer looks like it has some shimmers in it, but when applied, it is matte. The smell of the bronzer and powder is unpleasant ( it smells like sneeze). However, I would buy this bronzer again, because it gives me a really nice sun kissed glow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This bronzer is pigmented enough and is matte, which I like. Its a bit annoying that you have to buy the case with it if you want to carry it in your purse. What I find weird about this bronzer is that it is really stiff. I swiped this with my bronzer brush a million times and the brush only picked up a tiny bit of the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Miniwheats

I can't get any of this product on my brush, and my brush is not cheap quality. It's like I'm sweeping my brush over a product that was used 10 years ago and has since then sat in a drawer. The stiff brush that comes with the bronzer does seem to get some product on, but it is quite clumpy and goes on clumpy and just sits on my skin in uneven patches. I wish I could return it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, I don't usually use bronzer because they have so much glitter and are too dark for my skin. I have NC 25 color to be exact but with lots of yellow tones. Anyways, I went to target last week and saw this on sale for $4.00! I bought it in the darkest shade and LOVE it. It's perfect. Very natural bronzer but adds color. This is perfect for when I wear darker eye shadows, or just want a neutral color. I love that it's matte and no shimmer. It is the refill and I don't have the case but for $4.00 I love this more than a lot of higher end products. I always stick with nars or mac when it comes to cheek color, but this is perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kngdiana1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color I got was the darkest they make...it came with the bamboo compact which is too bulky btw...
The color of the bronzer was surprisingly good. I am pale and this showed up nicely and naturally. I used it for all over color and contouring.
The powder really STINKS/ smells bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I was looking for a good all over bronzer, so I checked this out since it's more natural and earth friendly, plus I trust Physicians formula to not be dull or orange like drugstore products can be.

It's a silky powder that's not shimmery but illuminating. The gold bamboo detail can be used as a highlight. It's not orange at all- very natural brown, sort of like Hoola but not as pigmented, which is good.

It's very natural, but not very dark (which is ok, bc I got this for all over, not contouring).

For a subtle bronzer this is great! I got it for $10 at Ulta, and the compact was included as a bonus. I try bronzers on my wrist to see what it looks like w/o all the makeup underneath. This one darkens and as a subtle shimmer/glow. PERFECT for all over the face.

I'm not a huge fan on the packaging but don't hate it either. It's just a little too bulky for my liking. The swivel case is okay, it swivels both ways.

The brush is awful; I could see it shedding while the plastic was still on. It's also stiff and not soft at all (scratchy). I was planning on using my own brush tho, so I wasn't upset. Really think the should just make it a hinge case tho, like a typical open close compact, w/o the separate compartment for the brush, and it would be half the thickness.

For a natural bronzer that gives you a bit of a tan/depth on your face, this is AMAZING. You can't apply too much unless you use a dense brush. You really can't go wrong!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the 90% natural ingredients. I thought I could give this a try.Well it is not bad at all.I bought the medium shade but I have to admit that it only worked for me when I smashed it and made it a loose powder blush. Before that this product was so harsh I couldnt grab it with my blush brush.Now I am very pleased but I wont buy it again if I have to smash it every single time.There is no point since there are definitely much better bronzers out there.It is a little bit orange but it is ok.I use it more as a blush than a bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by dreamxsoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this new line when it first came out, and finally convinced myself to try it out. I didn't expect much, but I'm surprised that it's a pretty good bronzer. I have this in medium (my skin tone is around nc 30-35). And it's great for everyday since it's actually very sheer and has no shimmer or glitter. It gives your face a very natural glow. Personally, I use it on my jawline and temples to make my face appear thinner (I have a slightly wide face).
Also, it doesn't break me out!
What I don't really like is the scent. It's a very chemical smell that gives me a headache. Fortunately, it goes away a few seconds after application. So usually, i hold my breath when i apply this. Probably not going to buy again because I want to try other bronzers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

decided to get this bronzer after seeing it almost every April magazine (Earth day is in April so everyone had eco spreads). I got this in Light, which you can tell in the pic above is quite light. Well, even being *super* pale, this is still too light for me. I sat in front of the mirror in broad daylight & applied to one side of my face & even at close inspection couldn't tell I had anything on.
I plan on experimenting with this a little more before putting it in the giveaway pile. Its an odd feeling to have something be too light for me.

Overall the texture is nice & if you truly are a ghost this might be perfect for you. I'm considering trying the Medium shade but since I don't really need it... IDK.