November 1, 2014 | 1338 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Physicians Formula - Bamboo Wear - Bamboo Compact

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by senoritadurazno

Love this packaging! Hate the refill product it goes with! Its really cute and unique though. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tonikins

I thought the design was extremely cute. I love the way the circles slide out. I can use my powder and keep my brush with it. However, I thought it was pricey, considering the powder isn't included.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by shazamkaboom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All of the Physicians Formula compacts are cute and well designed. With this compact, I hold it more in the center so the three circles are in a big triangle-like shape, it works well for me. It's a little bit thicker than I'd like, but I love it anyways. If you have trouble with this compact, check out some of PF's other compacts. They're all really nice and I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Yes the compact is cute but i think it sucks. It doesn't hold the refill powder sturdy, It moves around when you put the brush on it so it makes it hard to pick up the powder. The brush is too rough and the mirror placement is odd. Overall Lousy compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by misstaylor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't see the big deal with the mirror.. there's a way where you can see the mirror and get the powder to slide out, but of course only about half the product is there for you to use. Or, sweep the powder on your brush, and then use the mirror! I like this concept and I always liked Physician's Formula bronzers. I DISLIKE the brush though! Always did on all their bronzers with brushes included. Too rough and itchy. I also noticed a weird, strong, gross smell on the brush. I don't know what it is! But I gave away my last Organic Wear bronzer because I couldn't stand the same smell! Maybe it's just me? Either way, I'm throwing the brush away and will continue to use this product. The regular bronzer works well with my tan skin =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Tracylacyo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I brought this today because I noticed it had a free rebate offer for the compact. The compact is sturdy and cute..ECO friendly!. There is a compartment for the mirror/brush and a compartment for the powder. The powder is held in place by magnets and each compartment slides sideways. It's pretty cute and I always like trying something new. I'm hoping the powder is something I will use and like because this compact is reuseable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked the idea of a refillable compact that was not only pretty but also not made of cheap plastic/metal. This compact feels fairly sturdy in hand, but it is a bit bulky for carrying around in a purse, and you are unable to use the mirror and the foundation at the same time (see reviews posted below). The foundation tin fits securely into the space allotted for it via strong magnets, and magnets keep the various compartments in the compact from opening up randomly. All in all, I wish I could find another makeup line to use this compact with since I do not care for the actual make up but I do like the compact. Also, if you get these early enough, there is a "try me free" sticker on some of the packages so you can mail in a rebate and ultimately get this for free.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2010 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Buppers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This compact is pretty, but not necessarily practical. The powder lies in the bottom compartment, and the mirror and brush in the top. While it's nice that the brush is not laying on the powder, the two compartments can't easily be open at the same time. This means you can't have the mirror open while the powder is open.. but what if you need the mirror for application...? this is quite clumsy and not well suited to on-the-run touchups. I don't think I would buy this again, but since I bought it with a rebate peelie I won't return it.
It's also very thick, so it will take up a lot of space in a purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's another "Eco Friendly" product from Physcian's Formula. Their first attempt was an utter failure IMO (the ghastly Organics line), but I really like this compact. You buy it separately from the bronzer or powder, and via magnets it holds the pan in. The lids swing out sideways. The top is the product, and the bottom is a mirror with a little (useless) brush inside. The only negative thing I can say about it is it's kind of thick. Reminds me of a hockey puck when I look at it from the side. But overall it's cute and light and gets the job done. It was about $6 at Walmart.