July 25, 2014 | 1164 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - Matte Morphose

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

I bought this as a change from Maybelline Matte Mousse. I thought I'd give it a go as it promises 12 hour matte velvety finish, which is a bit of a stretch. I have oily skin and it got shiny within a couple of hours, but the texture IS something.

It didn't cake or flake, it instantly hid all my pores, but the coverage isn't great. I only tried a very thin layer, and while it provides a lovely smooth surface to begin with, the oil did come through quite quickly. So: very light coverage, and it's better applied with fingers and a sponge rather than a brush (bristles make it go all "bobbly" and create little balls of foundation).

If you want industrial strength coverage similar to Revlon Colorstay, this is not the product for you, but if you're after a very natural and light luminous look and have reasonably good skin (no red or purple marks, or blotches) this works wonders. Again, I love the texture, it slides really easily, very blendable, it really is a pleasure to put on. If you seek more coverage or staying power, use powder mineral foundation and translucent powder on top to set the whole thing.

If you have super oily skin, it melts and slides, settles inside scars. Meh.

BTW, I bought it recently (2013) in Boots and it's not sold anymore as "Morphose", it's now called "Matte Magique". Whish they did concealer and powder as well to go with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by katiexcutiekiss

I used to use this as my every day foundation its easy to blend because of thefluffy texture, and i just love how it made my skin have that airbrushed look. but I found its a bit heavy. It was making me break out-badly! So I stopped using it and switched to a BB cream and my skin cleared up. I think I'd still use it ifI'm going out to a club or something like that but not as an every day foundation. Plus its super expensive its like 35 bucks for a little tub! Its a great foundation but I wouldn't use it very often for a few reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by myrarox123

I was walking around a drugstore and saw this and decided to pick it up, and I thought the idea of a "matte" looking foundation would be really cool and it was worth a try.

So when I try out this product, I instantly fall in love, the matte finish, the way it applies, how smooth of a consistency it is, it's just full on amazing, considering I have oily skin! It looked so good on my skin, it almost looked natural. So I wear this out and it seems to only last about 4 or 5 hours until it starts to wear off, so I think it would be better to use a primer.

The packaging I don't mind, but I try to avoid dip in pots because I have long nails, but because it's so good, I avoid it.

Overall, this product is amazing and I will definetly purchase it again, this is definetly in the top 10 beauty holy-grails!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by jasfriday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's come to the end of my Matte Morphose/Matte Magique (in UK & where I live) souffle foundation and I have to say, it wasn't too bad. I'm always exploring foundation for oily skin like mine, and I'd rather not be using powder too because I think it's too much and blotting is a bit tedious (I've tried the NYX Blotting Paper and it takes my foundation with it which it said it wouldn't do and feels like the back of a panty liner so I advice you not to get it!)

So anyway, I obviously bought it because I want a "matte" look, plus I've never tried a souffle one before. Before I go on, I always look at the reviews all over Google before I buy it (more reliable ;) just so you know) I got it in the shade 140 Creamy Natural, but it's slightly too dark (I hate the artificial light in drugstores like Boots) It feels soft and doesn't have a smell, which is good as my one prior to that (Revlon Colorstay) smelt like paint. This L'oreal one has medium coverage, and you can build it up if you have skin problems like me- so pretty good in terms of coverage!

Now the main thing- is it make or break for my oily skin? Well it depends on how you look at it. It lasts several hours and has a smoothed out look, but when I get back home from school, my face is a bit shiny and I'm always on the lookout for an all day foundation for combination skin. It doesn't last if you're playing a lot of sports; definitely if it's during summer too. As it's summer now and I've had a bit of this foundation left, the heat doesn't help my situation and it can look too shiny within a few hours. Powder your face if you like, but it's not my thing.

I can't remember exactly how long I've had it for, but I'm thinking a couple of months and it's nearly finished. A small pot for £10.29. If you have normal skin I'm sure it'll be quite good with you, but again oily skin + summer is a no. Best Wishes! x~x

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by paigemavis

Loved this! Worked great on my skin, and kept me matte all day. Didn't make me go oily at all like some foundations I have tried, defiantly will buy again, good job l'oreal!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by rach11

Loved this foundation, It stayed on my face all day, loved the texture and provided me with full coverage. It is abit on the expensive side but fully worth it. Unfortunately it has been discontinued in New Zealand.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by nats92lilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i used to buy this product for about a year, i loved it at first but it dosen't hide all my acne scars and it flakes a lot around my nose and chin , at the end of the day it makes my face look uneven , i wouldn't recommend it

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Rotna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using this foundation daily for a few months- but then started to notice how my skin seemed to get more and more messy (blemishes, clogged pores etc.) So needless to say, I stopped using this product and went back to my old mineral powder.
I really liked this foundation by L-Oreal as it goes on so smoothly and covers very well- but sadly it seems like it just doesn't work with my skin type.

UPDATE: I decided to give this product another try... the result was the same; it seems to clog my pores badly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by danielleskincare1

For the last few years I have been buying Loreal Infallible foundation, and liked it due to its great coverage. However I started getting fed up of the constant need to reapply powder so started to search for a foundation specifically to keep me matte all day. I wasn't sure if my skin was just too oily and therefore required powdering a lot (every hour I would get shiny) or whether I was using the wrong product.

Anyway I chance bought this product and am absolutely overwhelmed at how matte it keeps my skin! I only need to slightly powder my nose once through a long day at work, my skin looks so much fresher. The only criticism is that your have to apply it very sparingly and unlike before I now apply it with my fingers and not a brush. The coverage is pretty good but I already use my Mac concealer over blemishes.

Definitely worth buying if you have oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by classicfresh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very good job, L'Oreal!