September 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - Hipster Hippo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Mehhh....looks a lot prettier in the pot than on the eyes. Completely looses any luster/shimmer finish when applied. I even foiled this and it still looked like a medium dusky purple matte shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oooh, I really love this one on. It's really easy to work with since it's a pearl formula, and not really sparkly, applies (to the eye) almost matte (see my swatches picture) but thankfully, is slightly more forgiving due to the light pearly texture. It is VERY cool toned. Very. I would say it's a medium to dark, brownish plum/mauve. However, if your eyes are either hazel or green, this will surely bring the green out in them. Great as a crease color or for the outer V. Looks wonderful paired with lighter pinks, taupes ,greys, even greens, on the lid. I am a sucker for plummy/mauvey tones so this one is great. I like this more than I like their LapTop because it's far more purple. I also have Bubble Tea but that is a much lighter color and more shimmery (on me).
Keep in mind that with all mineral shadows, you need a primer or base, and it helps to apply them in a patting, not sweeping, motion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by bubbleheart

For what was released as a 'spring' color, this isnt a very exciting eyeshadow. Its a purple/brown with a tiny bit of fine shimmer, it is pretty and relatively neutral but isnt all that original or special. It is similar to Everyday Minerals 'Shopping Spree' eyeshadow, but without the green shimmer and a bit less of a plum color. If you have neither, I'd much more highly recommend shopping spree which is one of EM's most unique and stunning eyeshadows, whereas you could probably find a good dupe of Hipster Hippo from any drugstore brand. I will probably use this (good thing I like purples) but I dont think I'd buy it again.