August 2, 2014 | 1004 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eyeshadow in Caviar

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by JuliaSYarwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a highly pigmented soft matt black. I use an elf liner brush to line my upper lashes and it works very well. I can do a subtle line or layer it up to a thick dark line for night time. Has good staying power, much more than I ever did from pencil or liquid - rain or watery eyes don't shift it. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

Yes it is good as a liner who wouldn't realize that, but it is also very interesting as a shadow rimming the whole eye - lower lid up to the crease. A little flash is needed then for the lid itself and I use the Bobbi Brown metallic taupe. The next switch up is to use a dark brown eyeliner not a black one. Very cool, very downtown effect but without a lot of makeup. There is a difference between that look and the glam--out kardashian hideousness which you don't want to get caught in. I also use uber pink by BB to keep the lip neutral but not washed out pale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I have this as part of the day & night shadow options palette. At first it looked like Charcoal (which I have also) but then I realised that while Charcoal is absolutely black, Caviar is a not-quite-black, actually very deep brown. It looks like black but slightly less intense, hence less harsh. I like Caviar very much as a liner shade, it has excellent colour pay off and stays put very well especially when applied with a wet brush (just like Charcoal - and Smoke which is a similar shade but I think just a tad lighter). Given that BB's dark shadows are so excellent, I really wonder why her lighter ones often have very poor colour payoff. They really are very hit and miss. I would buy Caviar again if I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by eleanorheartsmakeup

This matte black eye shadow is perfect for lining eyes. I use an angled eye-liner brush and it works like a dream. It's so pigmented and stays on all day - it looks the same at the end of the day as it did when I applied it in the morning. I also occassionally use this on my water line (over normal pencil liner or on its own) and it stays on so well. The only downside is the price but it does last for ages so I can justify it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow!very pigmented and perfect to line the eyes when going for a softer and less harsh look than with liquid eyeliner or pencil eyeliner.

Like all BB eyeshadows, great quality!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT 11-25-2010: I've been enlightened! I use this as my everyday eye liner and before I used to get LOTS of fallout. I now use my Bobbi Brown fine eyeliner brush and I make sure that I get it nice and wet before swirling it in the pan. I can create all kinds of lines, I can smudge it or make it super sharp and it lasts even longer than my BB gel liner. Five lippies for sure!

Oh caviar, your like the boyfriend you love but he treats you like poo! The color is a rich blackened brown color and I love to use it as a liner but the fallout is killing me! To wear it, I have to do my eyes first and then the rest of my face. Don't think I'll repurchase because with the amount of effort I need to put into it, I'll never run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great shade, like black but just slightly warmer which can make it more wearable and flattering. It *does* look black, but swatched against a few other black e/s (NARS, UD, Clinique, Dior) you can see this difference--it lacks a coldness and brashness that sometimes black e/s can have. This is a richer version of black. If you're someone who is sensitive to nuances in e/s, then you'll love this. Really beautiful shade. Love the gel in caviar as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow makes a pretty wonderful black eyeliner. It is in my Bonfire palette, and I've been using the Sephora Angled Eyeliner Brush to apply it. I have tried numerous black eyeliners, and I have never found one I felt comfortable wearing. I figured I couldn't get by with black, especially since my eyes are blue. But this has changed my mind. I really enjoy using this for eyeliner. It is very easy, I just dab the brush in the shadow, and apply it along the lash line. This shadow is really good for emphasizing lashes and creating a more "natural" eyeliner look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was honestly a bit disappointed when I received my order in the mail. The color swatch on the website was completely different from the actual color of the eyeshadow. I was expecting something different and was saddened to see that this was a matte black eyeshadow. The texture of the eyeshadow is beautiful and has great pigmentation. But I have many black eyeshadows and didn't need another one. I've used this to set my eyeliner pencils and helped to keep my eyeliner on all day. Overall I am pleased with the product but the color is not what I expected.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Caviar is a new addition to Bobbi Brown's matte eyeshadows that I find to be the perfect eyeliner shade. It was first featured in her Nude Eye Palette, but has now become a permanent addition to her line you can buy individually. Caviar is a deep black matte shade with a tinge of brown to it making it not as harsh as black but still makes my eyes pop. I find myself reaching for this shade to line my eyes more and more since it's so beautiful and goes with almost anything. I don't use water or any other type of liquid to set it; I just use as is. Bobbi's shadows are excellent quality and Caviar is definitely no exception. It glides on like a dream, lasts all day and hardly flakes or smudges. I use my Trish #50 Angled Lining Brush or Bobbi's eyeliner brush to apply and just love it.