September 17, 2014 | 1723 users online

Eyeliner - L'Oreal - Hip Color Chrome Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

I wish this product was easier to find. This is the best eyeliner for my waterline because it doesn't smudge. That is if I use an eyeshadow base and set it with black eyeshadow. It goes on so smooth too.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ANBoudreaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only have the gold pencil which I love. Only con is that it wears off throughout the day on the waterline. I've found that if u take an eyeliner brush and apply a shadow base to the waterline before application it will last much longer. Other than that the gold pencil is highly pigmented, and definitely accentuates brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by makeuplegend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Before I bought this eyeliner pencil, I never used eyeliner. I told myself I didn't have the time or patience in the morning for gels, creams, or using an eyeshadow--truthfully, I didn't feel like using yet another brush. I bought this in black on a whim when Walgreens was having a sale on HIP items. Since getting it, I have lined my eyes everyday. It goes on so smooth and doesn't skip and I can actually draw a straight line with it. The texture is unique to me: it's creamy while being long-lasting. I don't have a problem with it smudging, even without an e/s base, and it lasts until I take it off. Will be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jamie11210

OMG!!! I have found my HG liner!!! This stuff rocks!!! It is so smooth and creamy...much better than 24/7 UD liner, it stays all day and night without smudge and looks fantastic!!! My only complaint is that they do not sell a brown. I am still confused why they don't but I'll get over it. I would buy this again in a sec.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by bubblewrap831

I got the one in Gold Charge. I love this eyeliner because it is very similar to the urban decay 24/7 that I had wanted, but didn't want to spend so much money on. It glides on really smoothly and has amazing lasting power. It brings out the color of my brown eyes. It is really creamy, but it isn't really a problem when you sharpen it. I got my eyeliner during a buy one get one 50% sale at cvs, and I gave the silver eyeliner to my friend. She puts it on her water line and says it stays for a long time and makes her eyes pop.

*update: after a while, the liner kind of becomes difficult to apply. it is not as smooth, and you have to put some pressure on the tip so that the liner does not apply in flakey bits. To help this, I heated up the eyeliner with a blowdryer, which helps the gliding. I feel like I need to sharpen more often now, because the tip just doesn't apply sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are excellent eyeliners!!! I have the colors "Black Shock", "Violet Volt", and "Silver Lightning". They last all day, are only smudge-able within the first 30 seconds (then they're set so if you're going for a smokey eye with these do a little at a time so you can smudge before they set), have decent staying power on the waterline, and they are super creamy and soft.

Their texture is actually a con as well as a pro. The soft creaminess makes them glide on like a dream, but it also makes it nearly impossible to get a thin line with them and it also means you might need to adjust to using these because the softness could throw you off resulting it super messy makeup. I wish these had miraculously been made in a thinner self-sharpening, non-wooden pencil version. I feel as though they should last much longer than they do for the price as my "Black Shock" is nearly gone after just two or three months even though I haven't been it every single day and I only sharpen it when absolutely necessary.

These last about 4 hours on my waterline which is pretty amazing for a pencil and they last all day without smudging, fading, or flaking on my lash lines.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say these blow UD 24/7 out of the water. I am so surprised that L'oreal made these. These are literaly budge proof gel liners in a pencil form offered in a drugstore line. These are highly pigmented and sets within 30 seconds. I like to use them with a thin synthetic liner brush to get some control. The silver and gold are great for accenting corners of eyes. You can get them for a fraction of its cost when it goes on sale. I am waiting for them to come out with regular non chrome finish colors---still waiting.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by girleygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

L'oreal's HIP line is amazing! I'm in love with the whole line, especially their chrome eyeliners. The colors are amazingly pigmented and look good on every skin color! It glides on smoothly and lasts for a long time!