mark Gloss Gorgeous Stay On Lip Stain--Bare

4.1

HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER POLYBUTENE TRIDECYL NEOPENTANOATE RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL AROMA/FLAVOR CAPRYLYL GLYCOL SUCRALOSE CITRIC ACID MAY CONTAIN: CARMINE/CI 75470 BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE/CI 77163 IRON OXIDES MICA/CI 77019 TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 BRONZE POWDER/CI 77400 COPPER POWDER/CI 77400 MANGANESE VIOLET/CI 77742 BLACK 2/CI 77266 BLUE 1/CI 42090 BLUE 1 LAKE/CI 42090 GREEN 5/CI 61570 ORANGE 5/CI 45370 ORANGE 5 LAKE/CI 45370 RED 6/CI 15850 RED 6 LAKE/CI 15850 RED 7/CI 15850 RED 7 LAKE/ 15850 RED 21/CI 45380 RED 21 LAKE/CI 45380 RED 22/CI 45380 RED 22 LAKE/CI 45380 RED 27/CI 45410 RED 27 LAKE/CI 45410 RED 28/CI 45410 RED 28 LAKE/CI 45410 RED 30/CI 73360 RED 30 LAKE/CI 73360 RED 33/CI 17200 RED 33 LAKE/CI 17200 RED 36/CI 12085 RED 36 LAKE/CI 12085 RED 40/CI 16035 RED 40 LAKE/CI 16035 YELLOW 5/CI 19140 YELLOW 5 LAKE/CI 19140 YELLOW 6/CI 15985 YELLOW 6 LAKE/CI 15985 YELLOW 10/CI 47005 YELLOW 10 LAKE/CI 47005

on 12/6/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Totally not worth $12 Canadian. Lasted MAYBE an hour, no lip stain on my fairly dark lips, the mint flavour was kind of weird and the lip applicator wasnt pratical (twist up pen and product comes out of a brush). It wasn't horrible compared to some other brands I've tried (looking at you Rimmel), but it did not live up to its claim of lasting for hours (and no, I did not eat or drink) and again, no color payoff. Will not repurchase.

on 8/21/2012 4:41:00 PM

I have this product in all of the colors - but Bare is my favorite.
First, the actual product itself: nice, creamy gloss that isn't heavy or gloppy. It's actually fairly moisturizing, so it feels good on my lips and lasts quite a while. As it wears off, it leaves color on your lips but without that lipstain dryness that is always such a bummer. Easy to apply and since it wears off nicely, you don't have to worry about touching up without a mirror (which I can't do with other lipstains, because I'm clumsy!)

Second - this color (Bare): I love this color for an everyday look. Light, beige-ish pink that works well with my medium skin tone. I actually have several of these: one for my purse, one in my desk, one in my car. I use it that often! However, I think for darker skinned ladies this shade may be too neutral and light. But for the fair-to-medium toned, Bare is a great shade.

on 11/15/2011 2:11:00 AM

I don't notice the lipstain at all! This just seems like a lipgloss to me.

on 5/5/2011 4:25:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this product! It takes a while for the gloss/stain to come out, but you just have to be patient because when you apply it looks amazing!
its not gloopy or sticky and it really lasts ALL DAY.
the gloss wore off before lunchtime but the stain on my lips were still going strong!
what i love about this specific shade is its such a natural color, I always get compliments on how my lips never look washed out or dry!
it's definitely great for everyday use, and i also use the shade "lolli" for a more fuschia-pinky look, but this shade is what i use on week days.

I adore this lip gloss. It's a very pretty nude tone and has the nicest gloss effect. it doesnt feel sticky. I love the click style pen packaging.

on 3/14/2011 8:37:00 PM

This is one of my favorite lip products. It is a great nude color on my olive skin tone. I love that it is glossy without being sticky and that it isn't too minty.

on 6/23/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

When i first got this product, i looked at the sticker that shows the shade and it was a brown colour so i got a bit scared as my lips are a pink colour naturally. i also noticed that the sticker they put on the packaging was uneven and was slated....When i first opened the open there weren't any instructions on how to use the product as i never used this type before. At first i shook it and it didn't work so i saw the clicking part and clicked 3-5 times. Nothing came out for a while. So i started pressing the clicker randomly and a lot of product flowed out. This is what i don't like about it. The packaging is confusing and you can't put back the lipgloss if you have too much. What i really liked was the colour of the gloss because it changes colours on my lips. The colour you click out of the pen doesn't match the colour it turns on my lips. It turns out a bright pink colour like how they swatched it in the magazine. Its also very smooth on the lips and the colour stays on for alonggggggg time ( when i went to bed the colour stayed on in the morning).

on 6/22/2010 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Wow! I love this product. the texture is smooth and not at all sticky! i love the colour and it compliments my fair skin tone so nicely. The colour is a pinkish/brown colour and is sheer and glossy. Your lips stay hydrated for a long time after application (almost like a lip balm). I think that the value is great and I would definitely buy it again.

on 6/21/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Avon describes it's mark Gloss Gorgeous Stay On Lip Stain like this:

Two steps in one quick click of the pen: this innovative lip color goes on like a high-shine gloss, then wears to a rich stain that lasts hours and hours more. Minty fragrance adds a fresh kick. 0.05 oz. net. wt.
Price: $9.00

MY TAKE: i looooove this stuff..! the pen is a twist-click (like the push-click of Stila Lip Glaze). depending on how much of a "stain" i want, i apply this liberally for more stain or moderately for a lighter stain. after eating and drinking, the stain stayed true to color. the scent is minty, and it's flavorless.

"Bare" just out of the tube appears dark, like a deep pink (mauve?). On my friend's pinkish lips, "Bare" became a somewhat bright pink, which looked clownlike (horrible!) on her. However, on MY pigmented (reddish-brown) lips, "Bare" definitely looked bare; it came out as a sheer pinkish brown, which i can definitely classify -- again, on my pigmented lips only -- as MLBB, and i loooove it...!

My Avon alternative for pinkish lips for a "bare" look would be mark's Gloss Gorgeous Lip Stain in "Pop." On MY pigmented (reddish-brown) lips, however, "Pop" appears pink-orange.

on 3/20/2010 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have to disagree with the reviewer below me. Maybe it's not her color, but it's certainly mine! I have golden skin and brown eyes, and Bare looks wonderful on me. And it DOES stain, the color was a pale pink and lasted through a party and overnight. Yep, that's right, I woke up and my lips were still a pretty pink. It's awesome, and I love the minty scent and the smooth texture. And, bonus, the click pen is awesome (for once) because it gives the right amount of gloss with just a click. I don't even need a mirror to apply, and the tube looks so sophisticated and chic. I LOVE THIS LIPGLOSS and would DEFINITELY repurchase!

Recommended for Medium Skin