July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by campbeellsoup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Broke me out, and my skin does not usually react like this to products. Made the skin feel nice after application but I did not notice any unbelievable long wear of my foundation over top. I prefer tubes to dispense my product as you can get as much or as little as you need. Not good for dry skin, but I suppose it is targeted towards oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

I enjoyed using this primer. It makes my skin very very soft and smooth, the first time using it I was amazed at how soft it made my skin! It improved the appearance of my makeup, my makeup did last for longer. The only negative I have about this product is the packaging, because it's in a tube, I found it difficult to get the product out when it was near empty. I have already re purchased this product 3 times. I would recommend purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked this product. It reduced shine on my face and makeup looked brighter, I needed to use less. A lot of mattifying primers dry out my skin or make it feel rough but this one didnt because of its oily gel-like consistency. It comes in a much smaller tube than i expected which disappointed me at first, but it has lasted me 6+ months. I dont think I want to buy it again since I tend to try out many different products rather than go for the same thing, even if it works. I think this is a good primer. I'd be interested in using the body shop tea tree pore minimiser as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
+ Texture is silky smooth, does have mattifying properties. I mostly use it as an eye primer and prime parts of my face which has pores. It did cover up my pores pretty well.
+ Since I use it as an eye primer, eyeshadow colours did last longer than usual when I don't put one.
+ Packaging comes in a tube, easy to control.
+ On days when I used the primer on my face, the makeup did last longer.

Cons:
- Pricey. Retails for around SGD $29+++

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by IHeartMakeup267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this with a matte finish foundation and with Rimmel stay matte powder, it didn't work for me. It keeps your face matte for only like 2 hours. Won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by DGoodine

I bought this on sale at the Body Shop, which is what prompted me to try it. I'm a faithful MAC Prep + Prime Skin user, but I'm tired of spending $35+ on it. This primer does not keep my skin matte at all. Not even a little bit. Maybe for about 4 hours and then I'm blotting and powdering. If you don't have oily skin this may be great for you, but if you have oily skin don't even bother. Not even for $7 or whatever the sale price was.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an good primer, it doesn't reduce the appearance of pores, but it is silky smooth, gives a good base for make up and does help keep your make up on. However, it doesn't last long when it comes to mattifying the skin, it goes on matte, but that doesn't seem to last, it seems to moisturise (no bad thing, but that's not what you want from a matte primer really), so if you have dryer skin and smaller pores then this is a great primer. Wouldn't recommend for greasy skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Does what it says on the tin and with only a handful ingredients. This silicone-based primer leaves skin silky and matte providing a smooth canvas for foundation and/or powder. It also helps keep shine at bay a tad longer than usual. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decent! It does the job and for a better price than most primers at Sephora. I will likely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yikes, why such horrible reviews? I love this stuff. I got it on sale for $7.50 at the Body Shop for the first time I've used it and it is what made me buy it. But now, after using it I am on my second bottle and I paid full price for it because I like how it makes my oily face matte. It feels slick, kind of like the ELF Studio primer. However, it does mattify my face and keeps it that way for hours if you combine it with a decent bb cream or foundation. I also put setting power on my face, but I have used it without setting powder and it works well too. I use just a little bit and it takes me months to get through the whole tube. Highly recommended again and again.