November 24, 2014 | 1634 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Simplymel

My sister actually gave me this primer to try. The price isn't bad. Definately not a bad primer it works to some degree but definitely not the best either. Goes on smooth fills the lines. Doesn't off superior staying power like others I have tried. But for under $15 I'd say give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Deeny13

I really enjoyed this product! It felt really smooth in texture and it gave my skin that smooth feeling too.
It did keep the oil at bay, though I wouldn't say it's long lasting. I have a six hour day in an office and I did one touch up, so it's not really one for the busy bees.
The packaging is simple but that's okay with me, because of it being in a tube you're able to get every last drop out ;)
I personally would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

Did not like this at all. Found it to be really greasy, did not absorb into my skin nicely, did not make my make up last at all, felt like it gathered around my nose and eyes. But the lady let me swap it for the 5-in-1 primer and I absolutely love that!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by campbeellsoup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Broke me out, and my skin does not usually react like this to products. Made the skin feel nice after application but I did not notice any unbelievable long wear of my foundation over top. I prefer tubes to dispense my product as you can get as much or as little as you need. Not good for dry skin, but I suppose it is targeted towards oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Danielleox

I enjoyed using this primer. It makes my skin very very soft and smooth, the first time using it I was amazed at how soft it made my skin! It improved the appearance of my makeup, my makeup did last for longer. The only negative I have about this product is the packaging, because it's in a tube, I found it difficult to get the product out when it was near empty. I have already re purchased this product 3 times. I would recommend purchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Angelcake92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked this product. It reduced shine on my face and makeup looked brighter, I needed to use less. A lot of mattifying primers dry out my skin or make it feel rough but this one didnt because of its oily gel-like consistency. It comes in a much smaller tube than i expected which disappointed me at first, but it has lasted me 6+ months. I dont think I want to buy it again since I tend to try out many different products rather than go for the same thing, even if it works. I think this is a good primer. I'd be interested in using the body shop tea tree pore minimiser as a primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
+ Texture is silky smooth, does have mattifying properties. I mostly use it as an eye primer and prime parts of my face which has pores. It did cover up my pores pretty well.
+ Since I use it as an eye primer, eyeshadow colours did last longer than usual when I don't put one.
+ Packaging comes in a tube, easy to control.
+ On days when I used the primer on my face, the makeup did last longer.

Cons:
- Pricey. Retails for around SGD $29+++

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by IHeartMakeup267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this with a matte finish foundation and with Rimmel stay matte powder, it didn't work for me. It keeps your face matte for only like 2 hours. Won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by DGoodine

I bought this on sale at the Body Shop, which is what prompted me to try it. I'm a faithful MAC Prep + Prime Skin user, but I'm tired of spending $35+ on it. This primer does not keep my skin matte at all. Not even a little bit. Maybe for about 4 hours and then I'm blotting and powdering. If you don't have oily skin this may be great for you, but if you have oily skin don't even bother. Not even for $7 or whatever the sale price was.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an good primer, it doesn't reduce the appearance of pores, but it is silky smooth, gives a good base for make up and does help keep your make up on. However, it doesn't last long when it comes to mattifying the skin, it goes on matte, but that doesn't seem to last, it seems to moisturise (no bad thing, but that's not what you want from a matte primer really), so if you have dryer skin and smaller pores then this is a great primer. Wouldn't recommend for greasy skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No