April 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by yunisu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
+ Texture is silky smooth, does have mattifying properties. I mostly use it as an eye primer and prime parts of my face which has pores. It did cover up my pores pretty well.
+ Since I use it as an eye primer, eyeshadow colours did last longer than usual when I don't put one.
+ Packaging comes in a tube, easy to control.
+ On days when I used the primer on my face, the makeup did last longer.

Cons:
- Pricey. Retails for around SGD $29+++

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by IHeartMakeup267

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this with a matte finish foundation and with Rimmel stay matte powder, it didn't work for me. It keeps your face matte for only like 2 hours. Won't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by DGoodine

I bought this on sale at the Body Shop, which is what prompted me to try it. I'm a faithful MAC Prep + Prime Skin user, but I'm tired of spending $35+ on it. This primer does not keep my skin matte at all. Not even a little bit. Maybe for about 4 hours and then I'm blotting and powdering. If you don't have oily skin this may be great for you, but if you have oily skin don't even bother. Not even for $7 or whatever the sale price was.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an good primer, it doesn't reduce the appearance of pores, but it is silky smooth, gives a good base for make up and does help keep your make up on. However, it doesn't last long when it comes to mattifying the skin, it goes on matte, but that doesn't seem to last, it seems to moisturise (no bad thing, but that's not what you want from a matte primer really), so if you have dryer skin and smaller pores then this is a great primer. Wouldn't recommend for greasy skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:32:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Does what it says on the tin and with only a handful ingredients. This silicone-based primer leaves skin silky and matte providing a smooth canvas for foundation and/or powder. It also helps keep shine at bay a tad longer than usual. Good stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by acrobats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decent! It does the job and for a better price than most primers at Sephora. I will likely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by gazelma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yikes, why such horrible reviews? I love this stuff. I got it on sale for $7.50 at the Body Shop for the first time I've used it and it is what made me buy it. But now, after using it I am on my second bottle and I paid full price for it because I like how it makes my oily face matte. It feels slick, kind of like the ELF Studio primer. However, it does mattify my face and keeps it that way for hours if you combine it with a decent bb cream or foundation. I also put setting power on my face, but I have used it without setting powder and it works well too. I use just a little bit and it takes me months to get through the whole tube. Highly recommended again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by vhisko

I really lied this primer. It definitely filled in my pores and made my makeup saty on much better than without. It did feel a tad bit oily, but it didn't look that way or feel that way for long.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by itstotallybea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a cheaper version of Porefessional by Benefit, except better. I've had a rough time finding a primer that suits my skin and makes at least somewhat of a difference to how long my make-up lasts and this is the first one that did it. The packing is nice, you do not need to use to much product and it 'sets' quickly.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by xiangwei304

This is the first primer I have ever got, I was already disappointed, it's not long lasting, it mattify the skin after 30 minutes you use it, then its getting oiling again, it doesn't help to apply the make up more smoothly, I barely notice any different without it.