September 2, 2014 | 1915 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Extreme Coral #15

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My only issue with this lippy is...and this is pretty big, it's staying power. It seems to melt off my lips in meer minutes. Other than that, it is so beautiful on that I don't mind reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by cmaskari

I've been saving up to buy this lipstick and have wen looking forward to buying it for a whole now! I have been very drawn to the packaging in particular, that lovely gold packaging and swirly looking design in the centre, Ahhh so pretty! Anyways after being hypnotised I decided 'my time has come and I'm going to pop my ysl cherry and buy a lipstick!'. I ended up buying this beautiful colour which is very shiny and has a beautiful light pink shade to it. I LOVE IT! It's so dreamy and creamy and so smooth and applies so nicely and it lasts for a very decent amount of time- in fact I loved it so much, I ran straight back to Debenhams and bought shade 15 too! Without a doubt this is the best lipstick I have ever bought and I would sell my kidney to buy another one (maybe that's a bit over dramatic haha). Do I recommend this product? Hell yes! Would I buy it again? Hell to the 100% yes!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Love YSL lipsticks and I really like #15. It's a beautiful coral but not too orangy. Very moisturizing as it glides on the lips. Simply gorgeous. The other color I bought this Fall is #19.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by hannammm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was the second YSL lipstick I bought, and I loved it just as much as the first (#01)! It glides on perfectly, the texture is simply AMAZING and it stays on for a long time.
This is a gorgeous coral color, perfect for summer! The packaging is like a piece of art.
The only thing I didn't like about this product was the smell, it smelled a little bit like my sunscreen, and the price, which is way too high for a lipstick. But because of the quality I will keep buying them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Extreme Coral is a bright red-coral-orange, stunningly beautiful on the lips. Several cuts above other lipsticks in the same color. Glad I got this. NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I totally agree with bethd44. Looks best (on me) with a clean, undone, natural, and low maintenance face i.e. just black eye liner, mascara, rose/nude blush (sometimes I skip this too), and this lipstick. I was hesitant to purchase this but i'm glad I did. Takes getting used to but its one of my favourties.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Yoshi3329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect orange lipstick for black women. It's a vivid dark orange that brightens my entire face and makes me feel happy when I wear it.

#15 is my second Rouge Volupte (I also have #11 Rose Culte), and it's the best lipstick formula I've ever encountered. Incredibly creamy, moisturizing, stays in place, long-lasting, beautiful bold colors, and the packaging is so luxurious. My mother was telling me this is the way that lipsticks used to be made in her day. She also love the two shades mentioned so much she has to have them herself.

And I'd like to give a thanks to YSL for offering shades for women of color. Many high-end lines stick to pinks and beiges, but YSL always offers shades of blackberry, plum, orange, hot pink, deep red, etc., the type of bold, saturated colors that black skin has a natural affinity for.

To make it look more natural (I have two tone lips) use a lip liner on the darkest parts of my lips and I put the lipstick shade on my medium shade area of my lips. Use both together, but be sure the liner blends completely and there are no harsh lines with a lip brush.

I do feel you pay a chunk of change for the packaging, which while decadent, does hold fingerprints.

I am NC45 (cheeks and jaw area) and NW50 (forehead) for reference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2010 12:03:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm editing my review because I've had this lipstick a while and when I first wore it I never thought I would end up loving it as much as I do.

This is an amazingly pigmented coral that tends more towards scarlet. It's very retro, and really came in handy when I had to come up with a "Dorothy" costume at the last minute.

I bought this because both the package and the color reminded me of an antique lipstick my mother had kept from one of her relative's estates. Of course, no one used that lipstick as it was very old but the heavy gilded package containing an unbelievably vivid coral lipstick always seemed so glamorous and beautiful to me when I played with it growing up. This lipstick is exactly that old-fashioned coral. Honestly, it's not a color I'm used to seeing.

I find corals easier to wear than bright cool reds, and I really recommend this if you want the "pop" of color you see when some people wear bright cool reds but look ridiculous when you wear the same shade.

This lipstick deserves appreciation just for lasting power. Dab it on carefully, blot off excess, and it will wear for hours that way. It has a perfectly matte texture without being as drying and thick as most matte lipsticks.

I find it does bleed a little though.

Anyway, now that I have this it has become one of my favorite colors. I don't see this shade a lot so it seems worth the purchase to me. I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An intense, yes, "extreme" coral. Very pretty if bright red/corals are your thing. Outrageously priced, of course, and the case is so over-the-top gaudy. Love it. The product is the best, a lovely color that just makes me look and feel happier - what could be better than that? I like it best blotted down a bit and paired with clean, unpowdered skin and just a hint of mascara and blush. Makes me want Spring to get a move on.